Restoration Of My Hindustan Ambassador 2412

But it was moved to some another gallery. Dont know why ,i want my own thread for discussion about restoration process of my Ambi. i am planning to restore my ambi after Aug 2016.before that i need lot of technical advices
pls suggest

Hai Amby gurus
pls advice me on the following
1.gear console black colour and cost (pic attached for reference)
If i'm i right, it nearly costs 2500RS which is black painted.During my Amby days i had plan for this and moulded door pads for my classic 2.0 DSZ but leaved it due to high cost for these cheap plastics.

But it was moved to some another gallery. Don't know why,i want my own thread for discussion about restoration process of my Amby. I am planning to restore my Amby after Aug 2016.Before that i need lot of technical advices
pls suggest
Are you planning to modify the classic model to Grand?But IMHO,it is better top maintain classic model as it is.

Last edited:
Dear friends
My thread has moved some where .i will start a new thread soon ,any how few technical advice needed

1.BMC engine is not providing sufficent vaccum to operate brake boosters .is it true??????
Kindly share your technical advices on the booster brakes
Ambison adviced me on following required for booster brakes
a.Brake Booster.(Understood)
b.Alternator with Vacuum.((Understood))
but what about vaccum source from engine ?
2. Is Billeston Shocks suits on my ambi

Hi guys. its been privilege to be part of The Automotive India and to share our love and interest towards automobiles, may it be old or new generation. [:)]

I am a proud owner of HM Ambassador. its a dream machine for me since my childhood .It is a 1978 model , but the car has been modified over the years as per our taste and requirement. It was last in 1999 with my father financial support the major changes(tinkering and modifications) had happened and after 14 years its due for some major body work and mechanical modification to suit present generation. so i thought of sharing with you guys.
Dear Sir,
My self Amitkumar from Bangalore , We have HM Ambassador -Model -1975.
We have Ambassador car fitted HM ISZZU Engine Over-ling and body Tic-ring.
Please suggest Garage in Bangalore city. Or Any other city.
Where expert can get done this work.

Great work HKS. I really appreciate your enthusiasm for restoring this Indian Legend. Also you have explained every step of the project in detail. Really appreciate that.[clap] I am a newbie in this forum and I went through this thread thoroughly. Literally dying to see the final images of this Herculean task. Once again congrats.

Its seems from a maruti 800., I think fitting is not much difficult as i seen this type switches on several ambis and Cl-550 jeeps

Awesome restoration dude.Want to see the complete majestic warrior soon ,Me too going start my ambi"s restoration sooner.I'm actually searching an replacement engine for my matador .If its done my project will begin ,as there's no problem for mechanic.(An awesome Amby mech is near my home jobless because of dying Ambi's ).He s in full mood to start the project than me .Hks2412 ,dude kindly send the link for flipkey,illuminated gear knob,push start button and also if possible ,kindly elaborate the how to install and is it working in the condition now ??

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom