Restoration Of My Hindustan Ambassador 2412

hi, sure i will plan for installing power steering if budget permits otherwise i can plan for nova steering box now where all alterations are similar(except pump and oil container will not be there) so that after some time i can go for power steering so there will be no major changes and alterations only swap the desired steering box, what you say abt it
Hi HKS2412,
Nova Steering is not having Collapsed Steering Unit i believe. If its there, then not much alterations will be needed. But if not, then inside there may be some alterations. Isuze gear box Housing will be bigger than the Matador and Trucker.

Note : (Engine/Gearbox will be removed for installing Power Steering, Am not sure Ambassador will have flexility to fix power steering box with engine fitted).

Thread Starter #32
Hi HKS2412,
Nova Steering is not having Collapsed Steering Unit i believe. If its there, then not much alterations will be needed. But if not, then inside there may be some alterations. Isuze gear box Housing will be bigger than the Matador and Trucker.

Note : (Engine/Gearbox will be removed for installing Power Steering, Am not sure Ambassador will have flexility to fix power steering box with engine fitted).
Hi, ya engine has to be dismantled while replacing steering box for easy access and i don't think gearbox also is required anyhow not a problem of removing and refitting them again so my opinion was there will be no major alteration need to be done from scratch as few alteration will already be done now like collapsible steering column, steering box bedding/housing and shield cover on platform so only minor changes will be left out more over i will discuss with my mechanic so that i can decide on the changes need to be done now and later

Last edited:
Also consult with him like which steering box and pump he is going to use.

Note: They will not remove the Gearbox and Engine separately. As engine is already fitted with the Gearbox, they will remove the joint alone and will take both Engine and gearbox at one shot. Since you have no work on engine and gear box, we no need to separate that.

Thread Starter #35
hi amby, well i have no idea of good workshop in your locality but i know some contacts in coimbatore, salem and krishnagiri bcoz i have visited these places so have a bit of idea but near chennai i don't know anybody, but i think there should be some good workshop around your place as many parts for ambassador like tinkering and mechanical are only available from chennai.

My suggestion is to do some survey by visiting some workshop like where still they handle/work on old model cars so that you will get idea or even may get some source for reworking your car. nowdays workshop or experts use technology by developing websites to showcase there skill in modification and service for new generation cars but for ambassador sadly there is no one so only through reference or contacts you have to find the people

Last edited:
Hi Amby, welcome onboard TAI,

kindly give us some details of your car and what is the amount of work you are going to do on your ambassador. if you want to do some minimum patch works and repaint, there should not be any problem in getting a workshop near by your place, but if you have some big project for your ambassador then it is a million dollar question, you have to do lots of research and get advice from experts, those who have burnt thier pockets in doing this. i am not discourging you, please send some pics of your car, and list of the things you need to do in the vehicle.

Hi HKS,

what's going on, any latest update. in really interested in the detailed pics of your tinker works.

please post some latest pics

Thread Starter #39
hi guys ,
sorry i was busy in my work so i could not update regularly, work is in progress and almost 80% of tinkering work is done, so i will post the images soon

Thread Starter #41
pics continued... the glass pole was rebuilded both sides so the main process was to equip front glass to check the fitting and alignment

Attachments

Wow ! That is some extensive tinkering work. Hats off to your tinker. Kindly make sure there is not even a single inch of corrosion in the body before start to paint. do a complete detailed inspection and dont get compramised from the tinkers word.

Nice work done.
Paste work need to done perfectly to make that Amby body lines maintained properly. I hope your Tinker is capable of doing that easily.
Finally it depends always with the Painters who do the final paste work after tinker has done his part.

Thread Starter #45
Wow ! That is some extensive tinkering work. Hats off to your tinker. Kindly make sure there is not even a single inch of corrosion in the body before start to paint. do a complete detailed inspection and dont get compramised from the tinkers word.
sure i will do complete inspection, i wont compromise on that part of work

Top Bottom