Restoration Of My Hindustan Ambassador 2412

Hi HKS2412, you have got some cool stuff for your Amby ! It will be no more the old amby, its got all the new generation stuff.

Please provide the details from where you procured these stuff. Also please share how the mirror adjustment wiring and circuit is connected.

Thread Starter #198
Hi HKS2412, you have got some cool stuff for your Amby ! It will be no more the old amby, its got all the new generation stuff.

Please provide the details from where you procured these stuff. Also please share how the mirror adjustment wiring and circuit is connected.
Good to see those spare parts. If you can share price and ordering details so others including me will be benefited.

Thanks
Hi guys, the accessories was purchased through eBay(USA, Australia), first you should know what you want(item) to buy based on the category(electronics, spare parts and accessories) , then it will be easy to shortlist the item out of thousand products which are listed in the website(patience is must). the prices will vary because there will be multiple sellers for the same product with different prices(currency rate, high/low price, shipping cost). until now i have purchased individual product worth within Rs.5000 (product price+shipping charges)

Note:
*For about 60% products, shipping charges will be more than the product price.
eg: product final value is $35 and shipping charges to India will be $38

*For 30% products the shipping charges will be less than the product value or free shipping will be done

* For 10% products they wont do shipping to India

* you can also check eBay.in (India) for electronic accessories(depends on type of product and its stock availability)

* The above statements is purely my personal assessment based on the experience gained during sourcing the required accessories through eBay and other international websites.

your Amby is going to rock buddy, no doubt.

I appreciate your patience in searching and procuring the parts, hats off.

hope my amby will come to Bangalore to meet your amby some day.

Thread Starter #201
Hi HKS2412,
Why there were no updates for some time. Have you stopped the painting process due to Rain in Bengaluru.
Hi, sorry for making you guys to wait, the painting is done but the actual problem was that the tinker, mechanic and electrician are all from Muslim community as there Ramzan festival was approaching the workers took leave and work halted since 15 days, mean time i took the car and parked at my home. I planned to post the final completed pics but due to the above problem i didn't update. As of now wiring, final fittings from tinker and upholstery work is pending.

Thread Starter #202
I am posting the pics after installing front and rear bumper before final coat. i will post final finish pics soon [;)]

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #204
Hi guys, uploading first pics of my car after final finish and while taking the snaps the sunlight was very low so the shine/glaze is not visible. The base color is grey, if there is proper day light/sun shine then it will turn to gold/beige shade all in one its two tone shade color[:)]

Attachments

Hi, few more pics after installing few parts
But which grill are you going to use for it? Modern aluminium grill with bigger spaces would look awessome on an ambassador. How about keeping some cool lights and other stuff? They would make it look even much better after being restored

Your car look stunning[thumbsup]. The choice of color is the highlight of this restoration. Waiting for your interior and final pictures.

Last edited:

Top Bottom