Resale Value of Daewoo Matiz SE 1999

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a Matiz SE 1999 moel with company fitted front 2 power windows and central locking. Blue color. Working perfectly with AC cooling better than my new Dzire.

What could be price I could expect and where to find a good/ genuine buyer?

Thanks

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
What could be price I could expect and where to find a good/ genuine buyer?
Daewoo left India long back that has further affected the resale of its cars. The correct resale value cannot be evaluated without looking at the car but considering it is really well kept – You could put it on sale for around Rs.50,000 and allow a fair scope for bargain. Generally the car is not worth more than Rs.30,000 – 40,000.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Post some pics of the ride please. 350Z,you are spot on with the pricing. A perfect (mechanically and electronically) example can go for around 50-55K.

freakdude.

@Raj:
Let me be straight(please pardon me if you feel any of my words harsh).
In the current market scenario,especially in NCR,it's hard to find even a buyer for a Daewoo Matiz.
See buddy,what I know is that the buyers don't give a damn to what owner has added to the car or how owner kept it and hence let me tell you that your car won't fetch anything more than 30,000 that easily.In my views,35,000 can be the highest possible until you find someone who is really out of mind to pay 50-55k for a Matiz.
Even the thieves also don't steal the car because no kabadi(scrap dealer)buys the car for cutting too.My dear,this car enjoys a worse than pathetic condition in the used car market.

Just 3 months back my cuz sold his 99 Matiz for 47K. All it needed was a fresh coat of paint and rest all was absolutely fine. So, to get 50-55K you don't have to necessarily need an out of mind person.

freakdude.

Daewoo left India long back that has further affected the resale of its cars. The correct resale value cannot be evaluated without looking at the car but considering it is really well kept – You could put it on sale for around Rs.50,000 and allow a fair scope for bargain. Generally the car is not worth more than Rs.30,000 – 40,000.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Spot on Vibhor.

Raj, like 305Z said, put it for sale at the mentioned price, so that you dont loose much in bargains.

@Raj:
Let me be straight(please pardon me if you feel any of my words harsh).
In the current market scenario,especially in NCR,it's hard to find even a buyer for a Daewoo Matiz.
See buddy,what I know is that the buyers don't give a damn to what owner has added to the car or how owner kept it and hence let me tell you that your car won't fetch anything more than 30,000 that easily.In my views,35,000 can be the highest possible until you find someone who is really out of mind to pay 50-55k for a Matiz.
Even the thieves also don't steal the car because no kabadi(scrap dealer)buys the car for cutting too.My dear,this car enjoys a worse than pathetic condition in the used car market.
A bit harsh, but its bitter truth. You could consider yourself lucky if you find a petrolhead who might be looking for a well maintained Matiz. There are a few guys crazy about a particular car, eg, many TAIns are fond of Tata Sierra.[;)]

Just 3 months back my cuz sold his 99 Matiz for 47K. All it needed was a fresh coat of paint and rest all was absolutely fine. So, to get 50-55K you don't have to necessarily need an out of mind person.

freakdude.
Buddy he would have sold it for 37k and is bragging 47k in front of you.
At least I haven't seen any Matiz selling for anything higher than 35k in my circle(there were three),one went to scrap dealer at the end,one was sold for 25k and one for 35k.
Still,there is nothing wrong in optimism!!

A bit harsh, but its bitter truth. You could consider yourself lucky if you find a petrolhead who might be looking for a well maintained Matiz. There are a few guys crazy about a particular car, eg, many TAIns are fond of Tata Sierra.[;)]
Actually parts of Sierra can be found if the owner is mad enough but for Matiz,it's better less said.
Sotiganj in Meerut is amongst the biggest dumping spots of stolen and accidental vehicles in north India and finding the parts of a Matiz here also is like searching a needle in the grass.Still,if any person has some real petrol in the mind then the car can go for a good price.

Buddy he would have sold it for 37k and is bragging 47k in front of you.
At least I haven't seen any Matiz selling for anything higher than 35k in my circle(there were three).
WOW, you know my cousin better than me yaar!!! Great, but sorry to say that it was both of us who delivered the car and few of us have cousins those don't brag among their cousins. And just because you haven't seen a Matiz sell for that price doesn't mean that it can not.

freakdude.

350Z

Core Team
A bit harsh, but its bitter truth. You could consider yourself lucky if you find a petrolhead who might be looking for a well maintained Matiz. There are a few guys crazy about a particular car, eg, many TAIns are fond of Tata Sierra.
True. The chances are less but not nil. You never know there might be someone who’s looking out for a Matiz. Keep the car well maintained, give it a thorough wash, and polish before putting up those ads. Also, manage and create a separate folder for the car's documents. This could help to a considerable extent.

Drive Safe,
350Z

my uncle(who owns the Manza) was contemplating a used Matiz for city runs and he got offers for 50-55K. some were even 60-65K but those were in pristine condition. i would have not minded buying that one. so 55K is very realisitic to me.

Sorry to be so straight but as a buyer 40K is the max. If the car is in very good condition and FC has been renewed which normally would not be the case in most of matiz, cielo & nexia. just imagine from the buyers point if the tyres are worn out fixing new tyres would cost him 14K which is really not worth for a car which costs twice the price of a set of 4 new tyres.

By the way if you were in bangalore you could have found a buyer for 50K just bec of the cost of second hand cars here. [;)]

Last edited by a moderator:
I suggest you add some pictures of your car here, we will be able to tell the approx price with more accuracy.

PS: There is a Matiz (grey) near my home for sale 65K flat non-negotiable, ofcourse it is in somewhat good condition (not pristine though). It is parked outside the owners house with a board "For Sale" and its been over two years and still no buyer for it! he uses it rarely just to keep the engine running.

This is not to discourage you, but just informing you that for some cars (although they are good) resale value is almost NIL. Waiting for the right buyer is the only option.

Yes. Mr. Raj, as Mr. ss80 said pls post the pics of your car. we would be happy to see how your car looks and the experts may help you to ascertain the value.

And I am also interested to know the resale value of my car's [Chevy Spark] father.[;)]

Yes. Mr. Raj, as Mr. ss80 said pls post the pics of your car. we would be happy to see how your car looks and the experts may help you to ascertain the value.

And I am also interested to know the resale value of my car's [Chevy Spark] father.[;)]
OT:

Hi Sethu, never get a quote of your valuable car untill / unless you are planning to sell it. The value which fetches will not give the happiness which you are having with it !
Sorry for being bit harsh. [:)]

Hi Raj,

Why don't you retain Matiz as your second car, instead of selling it for less price ? IMO it doesn't need much maintenance too.

OT:

Hi Sethu, never get a quote of your valuable car untill / unless you are planning to sell it. The value which fetches will not give the happiness which you are having with it !
Sorry for being bit harsh. [:)]
Point Noted sir. Unfortunately I had got it sometime back which was very pathetic. I will not do that again.

Top Bottom