Resale Value of 1994 Tata Sierra?

Thread Starter #1
Please help me now , ADVISE, i have 1994 std sierra , i paid 50,000 did complete engine overhaul, no funds to maintain it further, i want to sell it ,the market rate is 1,25,000 , what is the best rate i can ask/demand.

Re: The Tata Sierra Restoration Project

94 std rate is 1.25L ?

if there is some one to buy , then you are lucky.

i bought a 99 model turbo for 1.25 and spending , and now its till 1.46
the market rate of 99 turbo model is 90 to 95k and normally sold at 1.10L like that . yeah i bought them abt 15 to 20k more since the car was neat

we should discuss about this is sierra thread

350Z

Core Team
You should really not expect much out of the Sierra unless it is extremely well maintained. Remember, it is almost a two decade old vehicle which is not so maintenance friendly. Expect to fetch around Rs.50,000 - Rs.70,000. As Ilango said, thank your stars if you can manage to sell it off for Rs.1.25 Lakhs since any person with his right mind won't buy it for that much money.

Drive Safe,
350Z

zengetz

Suspended
If you have someone ready to pay 1.25 - GO FOR IT !
I bought a 94 model sierra for 68K in 2006June and I sold it in September for 48k [lol]

zengetz

Suspended
20K lose is too much to bear.

The way he is laughing after his comment suggest that he still saved 48K [clap]

Haha well said Shailinder. I picked it up with plans in mind but i ran into issues with alternator, battery and some clutch problem. Initial exp just to get it to 'work' was ~15k, and the car did not seem practical to own so go rid of it. So yes I saved 48k hehe.

Do you want to purchase a new car ? If yes then ask dealers for exchange, you may get some exchange bonus also.

Thread Starter #13
Re: The Tata Sierra Restoration Project

illango , see i was car less , getting sierra was difficult , i saw about 8 sierras all were asking too much as no production , not available easily in market , i am talking about bangalore . all the 8 sierra owners were asking 1.25Lakhs, this was the best deal i got but i spend 50,000 for engine and battery 13 plate . Now i think 1,40,000 is the total value purchase price + repair price. Suggest the best way out to sell this off. how and whr, seriously i dont want to be at loss MAN. Help if you can , Japanese market or Indian ... Any idea

Thread Starter #14
untill last year june , it was cheap i know , but suddenly from last december , after IT Markets gone up big time all SOFTWARE guys want sierra , just to spend out money and show off MACHOism. So this year on it isnt available less than 1.25 even up to 1.50 Lakhs. This is the general market tune , Suggest FRIENDS , dont discourage me now

350Z

Core Team
untill last year june , it was cheap i know , but suddenly from last december , after IT Markets gone up big time all SOFTWARE guys want sierra , just to spend out money and show off MACHOism. So this year on it isnt available less than 1.25 even up to 1.50 Lakhs. This is the general market tune , Suggest FRIENDS , dont discourage me now
Hey Navin, We are not discouraging you at all but simply making familiar with actual market value. You should keep the car clean and maintained, then put it up for sale on various used car portals (with pictures and valid information) like on The Automotive India Marketplace for a desired price by maintaining a margin. If somebody falls in love with your Sierra, he’d definitely get in touch and remember, you will still have fair scope to allow for bargain. I can assure this will work given that your car is in reasonable condition because these days it’s next to impossible to find good Sierras. Also refer to this thread: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...w-write-effective-used-car-advertisement.html. Good luck.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom