Report of Metro Chevrolet, Delhi.

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team

I eagerly wanted to check out the upcoming Cruze from General Motors, So went to my nearest Chevrolet showroom - Metro Chevrolet.

It was evening and I stepped up the showroom and opened the door myself, There was no guard or any one to greet!, After Stepping inside, Everyone seemed to be busy attending other buyers. The Captiva, U-Va and Aveo were Parked alone inside the showroom and most of the crowd was interested in little Spark in the sparkiling lights of showroom.

I was viewing the cars and trying to spot the Cruze, Suddenly a person comes and says "Sir, What I can do for you?", I asked about the availability of Cruze and I got the same reply which I didn't wanted to hear "The cruze hasn't yet reached to us".
I asked about the brouchre and the reply was again No, Then he told about some features of Cruze to me, Like key less entry etc.

As the cruze wasn't available, I moved few steps forward to check out the Aveo, He opened the doors of this unsuccessful chevy for me and I sat inside. Just after sitting the interiors of car simply won my heart.

I was really impressed with the fit and finish of Aveo, Also the chrome detaling done on the inside of the doors, dash and the A/C regulators is awesome.

He explained me about the specs and features of the car, I replied to him comparing with Fiat's Linea, He went silent for a minute then started pointing out the negatives of Linea's best available features such as Blue & Me Technology. Also, Tried to scare me regarding the A.S.S of TATA-FIAT.

[Note that here he wasn't able convince about the advantages of Aveo but Yes, he definitely started poiniting the negatives of the advantages in Linea.]

Now, This is dissappointing part. As a dealer they should try to convince the buyer hard the the car they are selling is the best, Instead of bashing other cars and telling nothing about the car which you are here to sell!

After checking the whole car, I asked about a brouchre, Here comes another dissapointing thing, He gave me a Xeroxed sheet of brouchre!

I asked about the original brouchre and the answer was "Sir its not currently available with us", Without saying anything I right away stepped out of showroom.

So, I'll conclude that the overall attitude was not really up to the mark which I didn't expected.

Now I'll be soon be going to check out Linea at FIAT's Dealership and posting the report here.

Metro Chevrolet - New Delhi 29

Cleanliness & Decoration:
(4/5)
The showroom was Clean & Decorated but could have been much more better and exciting.

Customer Treatment:
(3/5)
As Already mentioned in the story above, It was not up to mark as expected from GM.

Condition Of vehicles on Display :
(3/5)
All cars were clean but few empty cups of tea and plates were left inside!

Availability of Vehicles:
(4/5)
I don't really mind if the cruze wasn't present there but other models like Tavera were also not available for display.In addition, The models on display like Aveo were all base versions.

Over All Experience:
(3/5)
I'll say over all experience to be fine,That's All folks. :)

(DISCLAIMER: Please note that the report is based on a personal experience, So may differ per person.)

Drive Safe!
350Z

Thread Starter #3

350Z

Core Team
Thank you RSM.
Please feel free to share a detailed report of your experience with TATA-FIAT, I'm sure it will help many.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Oh! I thought its only for me!

But is it all over india ? Come On this is the worst part then.

What happened actually!! recession to print brochures ??

Thread Starter #8

350Z

Core Team
Lol.
Maybe its just a co-incidence.
The chevy dealer had printed brouchures of all other cars, It was just Aveo's Xeroxed one!

Drive Safe!
350Z

nice report mate, seems this is the same around country from dealers, so far Toyota,Honda and Hyundai experience have been good in my city, else all other dealers react and response the same way you shared.
To be precised, maruti dealer was the worst, hope they imporve this image.

Since maruti gained lot of repuataon in early stages they are not concentrating on that now!

This make Hyundai take on Maruti!

Do you beleive , In my project we booked aroung 6 cars in last one year!

And all are previous maruti owners including me, Buy every one booked cars in Hyundai including me :)

This is how maruti is loosing its competetion now a days!

Very sad maruti should take serious consideration into this before they face dare consequences :(

Thread Starter #15

350Z

Core Team
Yeah, Let's see because I don't think I'll be able to make it any soon now.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Top Bottom