Replacing My Wagon-R With Luxurious Petrol Hatchback

I should agree with you on certain things.

1) Steering rattle - Yes, the i20 does have some problem with the steering, but that is something minor.

2) Ineffective A/C - Sorry about that. I have driven the i20 on only 2-3 occassions and all those times, I didn't use A/C.

3) Hyundai does have a high cost of ownership, compared to others. But their dealership network is good.

4) I gave the mileage of Jazz as more than the i20.

5) Safety: OK - The base Jazz has more safety features than the i20. But then, you cannot call that model as a base model since it isn't truly basic. Just like the Figo not having any true top-end model.

I am also not very much impressed with the i20/i10 handling, but I didn't feel it was bad. Average. Like I said, the Jazz has superb interiors, acres of space and excellent performance, the word performance includes handling. Yes, it is really a fun car to drive, unlike the i20, which isn't fun.

I listed the i20 according to his priority, ie. luxury, comfort, styling. Fuel economy is average, but a minor difference of 1-2 kmpl is there.

And, yes, the Punto is the best hatch. But since he didn't take it into consideration, I left it out.
Surya I have 3 close freinds who have i20 and believe me the ac is sub standard and Hyundai has no solution to it , on other forum there is a huge thread going about how Hyundai is cheating people concerning the sterring rattle and ineffective ac.
I suggested jazz because it's a no tension practical car with basic safety features and respectable fuel economy ,other then regular servicing there is no extra tension involved in it .
The service charges are also lesser then santro can you imagine ?
I have not met 1 single owner of jaaz who has ever complained about the car they are super happy . The only problem with jaaz is low end torque and relatively long waiting period .

Surya I have 3 close freinds who have i20 and believe me the ac is sub standard and Hyundai has no solution to it , on other forum there is a huge thread going about how Hyundai is cheating people concerning the sterring rattle and ineffective ac.
Was reading the comments on i20 and I thought I should share my experiences.

Three of my friends have i20: two i20 magna petrol and another crdi asta.

Both the petrol owners complain of low average, they both say its 8kmpl!. And they both tell me about sluggishness in drive when AC is on at any level.

Apart from FE issues, they have also come across low quality of materials used in hyundai. One of the friends told me that bumpers are of low quality.

Another friend of mine has an hyundai i10. You won't believe what happened with him- he met with a small accident wherein he broke the bumper but surprising part was that the plastic body where seat belt is tucked (inside of B-pillar) broke off!! My friend complaint it to Hyundai but they were not ready to accept it. They say that someone must have tried to pull the seat belts very hard etc etc.

So, there are really a few serious issues with i20 or if I can say Hyundai in general.

Top Bottom