Replacement For Tata Manza!

Thread Starter #1
  • Your Budget: 5-6 lakhs for used, 7 or 8 for new.
  • New or Used: Both are welcome.
  • Your Location: Chandigarh
  • Top 5 Priorities: Enough punch in engine, Comfort, Low maintainence, Unlike my Manza it should be a trustable car, Spacious
  • Monthly Running: At least 3,000 kilometers per month.
  • Fuel Type: Diesel!
  • Purpose Type : Regular city use with some (many) highway journeys
  • Seating Capacity: 7
  • Segment Type: SUV or MPV.

Would concentrate more on used ones. And, would not be looking for cars older than 4 years or 60,000 on odo.

Thread Starter #3
The base model of Diesel Ertiga Ldi starts at ₹8.85 lakhs ex showroom, so can't do that....

Also, can I test my luck on a 2012 XUV? Which has around 80k on odo?
@bhvm @mayankdixit you both own XUVs... Does they really have too much niggles??? Can I buy a 2012 XUV having run 80k on odo, expecting it to reach 150k without major works???

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Try for a good example of used Eco Sport Diesel. In used you can also look at cars like Scorpio. I would have suggested you a use Honda City Diesel but the I-dtec in CITY earlier wasn't as refined.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Thanks for the help sir but I need a 7 seater... And Scorpio's interior (old gen model) is worse than Bolero's!!
In that case, CITY & Ecosport are out of question. I missed out on the seating capacity part[clown] I think a used Ertiga is the way to go then. Easy to maintain. Are you comfortable with jump seats in 3rd row or need a proper 3rd row seats? In case you are fine with jump seats in 3rd row, cars like TUV-3OO might be considered as used ones and you might as well find a good example of a Safari.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #7
Yeaa, there is no issue regarding jump seats 
While I'm taking Ertiga as a serious option, TUV is out of my mind for some reason and again Safari was my dream car since ever... But, all (Really ALL) of my trusted mechanics tell me not to go for a Safari Dicor. Mainly because of its somewhat high maintenance.
And, do you think a XUV 500 (2012-2014 run 80k on odo) could prove to be reliable??

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Problem is that you don't know how badly the car is treated by the first owner.
An abused XUV might be worse than a Safari in the long run. You have to be very careful while choosing. And you have to have lots of experience too. Even then it is a gamble.

Thread Starter #9
Yeps, you're right. Even a ill treated Alto could be very expensive to maintain.. But, if we assume that the XUV I find is regularly maintained by the owner, would it cost more than a Safari/Endeavour (old gens) to maintain??

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
No.A well maintained XUV is not at all heavy on the pocket. Many won't believe, but my XUV is lesser burden expense vise, than my erstwhile swift and Ritz.
And it throws up lesser niggles too.

Last edited:
XUV is prone for niggles (I mean from 2nd hand perspective , will depend on owner ) .Also I am not sure how reliable Mahindra's Diesel engine is after 80k km .
You can negotiate a good deal with Honda BRV /Mobilio under your budget (If you are planning to keep the car for say sometime from now ) , as both cars are going to be discontinued (Thinking from dwindling sales ) , but Honda's parts are often shared (1.5 IDTEC , platform shared in all Honda diesels ) . Don't mind with resale , as all Diesels will be more or less the same amount from 2020 (BSVI and Electric -Hybrid norms ).

Thread Starter #13
XUV is prone for niggles (I mean from 2nd hand perspective , will depend on owner ) .Also I am not sure how reliable Mahindra's Diesel engine is after 80k km .
You can negotiate a good deal with Honda BRV /Mobilio under your budget (If you are planning to keep the car for say sometime from now ) , as both cars are going to be discontinued (Thinking from dwindling sales ) , but Honda's parts are often shared (1.5 IDTEC , platform shared in all Honda diesels ) . Don't mind with resale , as all Diesels will be more or less the same amount from 2020 (BSVI and Electric -Hybrid norms ).
I'll check the BRV, though Ertiga is a better choice than Mobilio for sure! Resale doesn't matter for me.. I'll check BRV for sure and thank you so much for helping me out Sir..

Drive train of Mahindra is robust. No issues there. Yes there may be niggles.
Yea, Mahindra is good in making engines.. ( I have driven XUV's and also once I drove a Scorpio, it felt good except its interior. So yeah, my final choices would be XUV, Ertiga and Brv... More opinions are welcome!!...

Top Bottom