Renovating My Hindustan Ambassador

HI Ambyson,
Its really great to see the pictures and the patience from your side. I would have behaved differently to that idiot Workshop owner. How come he doesnt know the body lines and took the body so expensive.
Since your are working abroad, he thought of getting lot of money from you i believe...
On seeing all these things, I see you are a person with a lots of PATIENCE...

Dont forget to call me when you are back in Coimbatore.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #32
Actually i came to coimbatore last july16th, hoping that i would get my car and planned to drive back to chennai. But no use, work was going on in snail's pace, and still going in the same pace.

Thread Starter #33
Hi Ambylovers,
this was the status of the car when i came down to coimbatore.

it was parked in a workshop some where in ganapathy in coimbatore, for dashboard fabrication.

sorry, i could not upload the picture as the file size is too big and unable to crop it.

nice design ,is this some where near behind ramakrishna hall ,i have been there for my amby but went for a scraped dash found in pollachi , near that garage theres a nother garage his name is narayana he deals with old vehicles and parts especially ambys .seen a couple of restored ones ,
ambyson during repairs in side the dash is it easily removable are there easy access points to be removed .this is the speciality of tamilnad ambys with alterd dash

ambylovers i guess there are very few amby lovers in this forum and thats a gud one .as we can keep alive this silent beast rolling na
cheers to every body with heart of steel to have taken the project of restoring this beast ,
after all the hasseles and pains finally the out come will be a super headturner .believe me its a fact

Thread Starter #40
Thanks Ambylovers, i did not give him any designs for the dashboard. All i told the dashbosrd fabricating tinkerer was, like i dont want the typical HM dashboard looks and i want a neat and decent look.

Then he him self came with his own ideas and discussed with the Airconditon mechanic about the ducting issues and did some modification according to that.

Thread Starter #41
Hi HKS, thanks for your cmments and the cost for fabricating the dashboard is 5k and i dont know how much will be charged for rexin covering. The A/C louvers is charged additional about 500Rs i think. It will be of swift dezire type i think.

Hi Ambyson,
For Rexin cover in Koyas, they charged 1200 INR for Complete Dashboard and Console fittings. Since your AC Blower output grill is round shape, try out Chrome outer beeding for the Black grill.

uploading some pictures of dashboard design.
dude, these are awesome, how much did it cost you to have them design something like this ? including the aircon vents, switches etc. I want to buy an 92 93 nova and do that to it, rebuild it from the ground up. I want to buy gauges in the US, tons of custom companies that build classic looking digital gauges. best Amby dash design Ive seen. [clap]

Last edited:
HI Ambyson,
Its really great to see the pictures and the patience from your side. I would have behaved differently to that idiot Workshop owner. How come he doesnt know the body lines and took the body so expensive.
Since your are working abroad, he thought of getting lot of money from you i believe...
On seeing all these things, I see you are a person with a lots of PATIENCE...

Dont forget to call me when you are back in Coimbatore.
you are rite

Top Bottom