Renault Scala is Rebadged Nissan Sunny (Automatic Version Launched)

Thread Starter #1
well renault will launch sunny also under thier name like renault pulse!

Renault plans to introduce its own version of the Nissan Sunny in the second half of 2012. The re-badged saloon will be called the Scala, and will be mechanically identical to the Sunny. Which means that the Scala should come with the same 1.5-litre 97.6bhp motor that powers the Sunny, but it’s not clear whether Renault will offer the 1.5 petrol at launch.

The Renault Pulse, re-badged Micra, is currently available with only a diesel engine. Just like the Pulse, the Scala is expected to come with some cosmetic changes to give it a Renault identity and distinguish it from its Japanese sibling. However, these changes are likely to be minor, limited only to parts such as the bumper and grille.

Keeping with brand positioning within the Renault-Nissan Alliance, the Scala is expected to be priced marginally higher than the Sunny. Renault is hopeful that the Scala will boost the Renault brand in the same way the Sunny did for Nissan.
Renault-badged Sunny named Scala - News - Autocar India

350Z

Core Team
Re: Renault Scala is Rebadged Nissan Sunny - Debuts in 2012

I don’t like this idea though but I am expecting to see a much better looking Sunny (Scala). It’s rear end is just as odd as of Dzire.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I don’t like this idea though but I am expecting to see a much better looking Sunny (Scala). It’s rear end is just as odd as of Dzire.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Agree to 350Z, Renault needs to have products like Koleos & Fluence which have their own identities. Somehow Renaults strategy seems baffling to me. When they launched the Fluence, the diesel version was totally stripped out (feature wise) as compared to the petrol. They have recently fixed this issue. The Koleos has kind of priced itself out of the competition. The Pulse resembles the micra like its twin brother. I mean, cmon Renault!!!!

[sleep]
Renault & Nissan should be sold from same showrooms, with same service centres. Only ask buyers which logo they like more based on which sell them either Nissan or Renault as the cars are the same in any case.
Using this method, both car makers will be able to increase their dealer networks also.

[sleep]
Renault & Nissan should be sold from same showrooms, with same service centres. Only ask buyers which logo they like more based on which sell them either Nissan or Renault as the cars are the same in any case.
Using this method, both car makers will be able to increase their dealer networks also.
really smart idea mahn :P
Any idea how its going to be priced??
will it look like this?? Renault - HOME

Last edited:

Pricing would depend on the features offered. But if it does actually share the exact engine with the sunny (which it most probably will) then the price difference should be similar to what it is between the micra & pulse.

I don't know what's Renault's idea. They introduced the Pulse which was exactly like the micra plus its more expensive. Why would people pay more to buy the same car with a different badge? I'm lost..

How about reverse idea ? Koleos is launched by Nissan for 15L & Duster gets launched by Nissan for 6L ?

[sleep]
If either one is not in stock then just get the other vehicle to the backyard and simply change the logo [lol] Problem Solved

Last edited:
Renault India’s upcoming C-segment sedan -Scala

Renault India’s C-segment sedan could be called the Scala

Speculative-Render-of-the-Renault-C-Segment-Car-based-on-the-Nissan-Sunny-Sedan-1-1024x652.jpg

00012617h.jpg

That Renault India will launch a C-segment sedan based on the Nissan Sunny at the end of this year is something that we’ve told you about many months ago. We even brought you a couple of renders on how the Renault C-segment sedan would look like. We’re now hearing that Renault India could name their C-segment sedan the Scala. This sedan will be a brand engineered, restyled version of the Sunny Sedan, just like what the Renault Pulse hatchback has been, given that it is a restyled and rebadged Nissan Micra hatchback.

Renault has been persisting with a diesel heavy strategy for the Indian car market, and with the Scala too, the French automaker could launch the diesel engined version first. Just like the Sunny sedan, expect the frugal and responsive 1.5 Liter K9K common rail turbo diesel engine powering the Scala. This engine featuring a variable geometry turbocharger, known for its minimal turbo lag and consequently a high level of drivability will deliver a peak power output of 85 Bhp and a peak torque of 200 Nm. Like the Sunny sedan, one of the Renault Scala’s biggest selling point would be the capacious and comfortable rear seat.

Expect the Scala to be positioned above the Nissan Sunny sedan in terms of pricing as Renault is a brand which has been traditionally positioned above Nissan. So, expect the Scala to feature a loaded equipment list for it to command the higher price. The Renault Scala sedan will be the French brand’s third and final launch for the Indian car market in the year of 2012, with the Scala to be launched at the end of the year, after Renault launches the Duster SUV sometime in the middle of this year.

Re: Renault India’s upcoming C-segment sedan -Scala

From the rear pics, I find scala better than sunny. I hope they change the face too.

Top Bottom