Renault Lodgy Review & Pictures: Lodgycal Innovation

This is a very detailed review of the lodgy. I really got to know a lot of things that I did not know about the car. Thanks for this. The car looks really good and as an MPV has a good shot at being a favorite. The space looks ample on the inside, and the best part according to me is the height adjustable driver's seat because that is one feature which all cars must have. Although the dashboard could have been better and interior styling too. Looks good and could compete shoulder to shoulder with the innova since it is offering a 6 gear transmission which innova still hasn't.

What a detailed review of the lodgy! The pictures show every part of the lodgy clearly. Add an AMT gearbox and cruise control and this MPV will rule. The costing is affordable because my brother recently bought this one. The space on offer is just humongous, believe me.

I don't think this is that much affordable as the base model itself is around 10L here and the top end is 14L!
I guess you are a comparatively shorter person. Because the lodgy is cramped even for people of height 5'9". It's nowhere close to even "Spacious".
No offense [:)]

Hi,
Yesterday i got a chance to travel in Lodgy. Really its a very good value for money car.
Third row is not that too bad for tall members. Two members can seat in 3rd row, i used to sit side ways which i felt comfortable only.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

According to this link, Renault is planning to introduce an "Easy-R" AMT option for it's Lodgy MPV which was launched an year ago. The AMT transmission would be the same one which has been recently introduced in the Duster SUV by Renault.

Regards

Akash

what was the maintenance cost of the Lodgy and what about the mileage of the car from the
user review ? Was there is any major update of Lodgy . Also what was the onroad price in kerala of Lodgy with Dual Airbag option ?

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Renault_LODGY_World_Edition.jpg.ximg.l_full_m.smart.jpg

Renault India has launched a limited edition of their Lodgy MPV called 'World Edition'. The MPV gets 25 new features including exterior and interiors. Technically it is offered in 2 engine variants i.e 85 PS and 110 PS. Pricing of the 'World Edition' Lodgy is Rs 9.74 lakh and Rs 10.4 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). It is being offered with following added features:

On the outside, the new Renault Lodgy Sports Edition gets a jewel-studded front grille, fog-lamps with chrome satin garnish, two-tone aerodynamic bumper, black wheel-arch cladding, R15 Nepta finish alloy wheels, and a ‘World Edition’ badge. Other features include body graphics, dual-tone roof rails with chrome satin finish, printed matte and textured B, C pillar stripping and a rear spoiler.

The car also gets a few nips and tucks inside the cabin. Glossy black foam steering wheel with two-tone World Edition badge and instrument cluster with anodized orange finish centre ring.

Renault will also offer the 3CARE maintenance package with the Lodgy World Edition for an additional price of Rs 22,142. It will include 3 years of warranty (up to 60,000Km, 3 years of Road Side Assistance (up to 60,000km) and 3 years of Periodic Maintenance Service (up to 30,000km)
Link

Regards

Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Renault Lodgy MPV gets Zero rating in Global NCAP crash tests. Tested Variant was not having airbags.

SCfI-online.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRFJdrwsnzo

The Renault Lodgy without airbags in its standard version achieved zero stars for Adult Occupant Protection and two stars for Child Occupant Protection. The zero star result was partly due to the lack of airbags which caused the head and chest to impact the steering wheel. The car also showed an unstable structure during the crash with deformations even in the rear door and a rupture in the footwell area during the crash. The lack of ISOFIX anchorages meant that the child seats needed to be installed with adult seatbelts, that could not prevent excessive forward excursion of the 3 year old dummy which impacted its head on the driver seat backrest.
Video & Credit: Global New Car Assessment Programme

Regards

Akash

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Here Is Renault’s Official Statement on the Lodgy’s Zero Star NCAP Rating

In a recent crash test conducted by Global NCAP, the Renault Lodgy scored a zero star rating for adult occupants and a two-star safety rating for child occupants. The poor performance was mainly due to the lack of airbags and ISOFIX child support seats. Here is the manufacturer’s official statement on the same incident.

''All Renault products meet and exceed the regulations set by ARAI. Renault has taken great strides in vehicle safety. The company shares the goal of improving road safety worldwide, including the adoption of robust vehicle safety standards. Our products are ARAI certified, which is the current mandate in India. As India is gradually moving towards international safety and emission norms by including more robust regulations, Renault will be ready for the upcoming safety regulations and BS VI norms. The tests by Global NCAP are conducted at speeds that are higher than those prescribed by the regulatory authorities, not only in India but also in developed markets. The results of Global NCAP have to be seen in that perspective.''

Source:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Renault has taken great strides in vehicle safety.
Kwid has repeatedly failed crash tests and Duster too without Airbags has got Zero and now Lodgy gets Zero. I feel, even in absence of the airbags, the structure of the car/SUV should be capable enough which in case of Renault hasn't been. If you see, their bread & butter models aren't doing good for them either in terms of safety even if we leave out the recent total failure i.e Captur.

The tests by Global NCAP are conducted at speeds that are higher than those prescribed by the regulatory authorities, not only in India but also in developed markets. The results of Global NCAP have to be seen in that perspective.''
Global NCAP rules of testing were same for the Indian cars like Brezza & Nexon. Both tested at 64 km/h and no ways 60+ km/h speed is high/illegal any where in India. In day to day driving as well, a sensible man/woman drives between 60-70 km/h speed. Instead of giving such lame excuses, Renault should work to provide standard safety to their cars if they actually want to survive in Indian market.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom