Renault Kwid Tyre Upsize Queries

Thread Starter #1
Hello Guys,

I am thinking of upsizing my kwid tyres which comes in stock size of 155/80 R13. The only thing that is holding me back is the rim width of kwid. AFAIK it is 4 inch and when I look for minimum rim size for 175 section tyres, it is 4.5 inch.

Gurus, will there be a problem if I use the stock rim for 175 section tyres? Kindly guide.

I would suggest to change the alloys before you go for tyre change.

Then tyre upgrade will be meaningful. Also it after a long use of steel rims, it tends to rust which will reduce the flexibility of putting tubeless tyres on it.

The best tyre upgrade would be 175/70 R13, after changing to 4.5J rims/alloys. I am not sure about the options with 3 lugs alloys.

Anything above 165 requires 5 inch width for rims. This is normally not available in R13. It will go to R14. Since you are on the 3 lug theory of cars, don't know how much of R14 rims will be available. As Amit said, you may get OE R14 alloys and put this wider section tires.In that case, 175/65/R14 is the best bet,which will have minimum offset value too.

There is a person in my home town who band the original rims to make them wider.

I got my gypsy rims banded for 2.5 inches to make them 8 inches wide. Fitted 255/60 r 15. and the price is also nominal for the job work.

I would write a review on the same, as its been around six months I am using them on my car, with some hard core off roading. You can fit maximum 205/60 r 13.

Any Kwid owner willing to sell their steel wheels?
Please DM me or contact me on my number.
I'm desperately in need of 5 Kwid 13" inch steel wheels!

Any Kwid owner willing to sell their steel wheels?
Please DM me or contact me on my number.
I'm desperately in need of 5 Kwid 13" inch steel wheels!
Hey, brother.

Just saw your reply, and I immediately created an account here, only to comment here.

I can see it's been 10 months since you asked for it, but anyway - I have all my 5 steel wheels 13" brand new in showroom condition (never used at all). I replaced my steel wheels with alloy ones right when I booked the car and took delivery. Please let me know if you're interested in purchasing them.

Thank you.

Top Bottom