Renault Duster Review & Pictures

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Update

Buddies, In the light of present heavy downsizing by Renault, their Noida Sector 63 Dealership has been closed permanently. The accommodation now is up for rent. No one had idea as to where they have probably re-located. Just in case those who intend to book any Renault car in Noida, please look for alternate dealer.

Regards

Akash

The production cut and realignment by Renault,in such a haphazardly manner shows the immaturity of the Renualt company.A Creta and Scross killed the duster brand?Even the dealership closed? So what about Kwid? If it doesn't succeed all those people who invested lakhs in a car is supposed to pray and make the company in profit? I would say this is short sightedness.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
The production cut and realignment by Renault,in such a haphazardly manner shows the immaturity of the Renualt company.A Creta and Scross killed the duster brand?Even the dealership closed? So what about Kwid? If it doesn't succeed all those people who invested lakhs in a car is supposed to pray and make the company in profit? I would say this is short sightedness.
It was said earlier that Kwid was a make or break deal for Renault Nissan here but much before the launch itself the company fell in a mess. I really want to know that why did Renault cut down on production and why have they shunted the employees out when they recently 4 months back launched MPV Lodgy? Secondly, closure of dealership to me shows 2 things i.e

* Investment Capital might not be adequate.

* Apart from Duster, it seems, even lodgy was not able to suppress the demands for flourished products like Ertiga and Innova.

Yesterday evening, was speaking with dad on this, he mentioned a similar thing, by closing dealerships, you can't runaway from competitors. Instead, make a well rounded product and compete fiercely. By escaping the competition you are giving a free-hand to them to capture more buyers and excel further. Also would like to share a co-incidence, the location where this dealership was located, next door was my uncle's Maruti Dealership and on right side was Toyota's dealership of my dad's friend. Yesterday, when I went and asked about it, the staff their was kind of happy informing the dealership closure. This step by Renault clearly shows the escapist attitude.

I wish the upcoming Kwid is well rounded product. Test Drives and Reviews will show its potential. However, the buyers need to be cautious as the Renault's future seems to be uncertain for now.

Regards

Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

Renault India has launched yet another limited edition of their popular SUV-Duster called as Duster Explore
Duster-Explore-limited-edition.jpg

The limited edition, Duster Explore, will be available in two variants - one priced at Rs 9.99 lakh and the other at Rs 11.10 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).

The variants, which come with new exteriors and interiors, will be powered by 1.5 litre dCi engine offering a choice of two power outputs, 110 PS and 85 PS.
Link

Regards

Akash

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
They should have anticipated the arrival of good competitors and should have been ready with the new actual facelift but instead they keep bringing these limited editions.

Renault must be knowing the arrival of the creta and the s cross but still they decided not to launch ? Pride or foolishness i don't know but it sure hit them hard.

@akash1886
Does the 85/110 Explorer edition have ABS, EBD, Passanger air bag and other safety features? Because when I went to the Renault showroom here, they said it does not have it and I asked them if I can pay extra and get them factory fitted they said that cannot happen.

They suggested if I want the safety features, I should opt for the basic non-explorer edition 85/110 version have have the safety option pack but then I will be loosing on the anthracite alloys, and other explorer edition features.

Please suggest.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I asked them if I can pay extra and get them factory fitted they said that cannot happen.
Safety devices are not to be placed from after market specially the ones like Airbag/ABS mechanism. They are potential life-savers and one must go for them as OEM fixtures only.

They suggested if I want the safety features, I should opt for the basic non-explorer edition 85/110 version have have the safety option pack but then I will be loosing on the anthracite alloys, and other explorer edition features
Better would be to give safety the priority here. Alloys can be purchased afterwards with extra payment. Don't fall for stickers/seat cover/stylish alloys. They all are no substitute for safety.

Regards

Akash

Duster AWD Test Drive

Recently took a test drive of the duster AWD, totally impressed with the handling and driving and the suspension is very well done. The interiors are decent than the 2WD models. I am assuming it does well on wet road and tough terrains, however I wasnt able to do that kind of a test drive. This was the top end 110 ps variant. The dasbhboard is clutter free and with a touch screen. the 6 gear transmission is impressive and the engine is really powerful. the awd variant is very good.

Re: Duster AWD Test Drive

Recently took a test drive of the duster AWD, totally impressed with the handling and driving and the suspension is very well done. The interiors are decent than the 2WD models. I am assuming it does well on wet road and tough terrains, however I wasnt able to do that kind of a test drive. This was the top end 110 ps variant. The dasbhboard is clutter free and with a touch screen. the 6 gear transmission is impressive and the engine is really powerful. the awd variant is very good.
The interiors of the 2WD variants are also similarly equipped , esp 110 PS variant which also has cruise control, Eco mode and the same instrument cluster. Plus the touchscreen Nav system. While the 2WD ride quality is excellent, the AWD ride quality is on another planet.
The 2WD 110 PS will have marginally better fuel-efficiency than AWD. Also the boot space is bigger, although the sparewheel access is more convenient in the AWD.
Those who absolutely dont need to do serious off roading can live with 2WD, mefeels.

Can anyone suggest me the best engine oil to be used in duster. I was using company service with elf 15w-40 till now. I think it's mineral oil from elf. I'm now 50k kms and taking the car out of Renault for service. Which engine oil is best? Should I change to 5w-40 fully synthetic? Is there any problem in changing to it? And how much litres of engine oil is required in Renault duster. Do reply asap.

Top Bottom