Renault Duster Now Launched at Rs.7.19 Lakh (Coverage – Pg.19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: New Renault Duster To Hit Showrooms in June 2012

Me too like you even iam waiting for them ,but I have the strome and Scorpio also in consideration I will weigh all of them against each other and then select the one which fulfills my requirement and then sign on the dotted line.

Duster and Eco Sport...both will blaze the Indian roads...just cant wait for both of em...I am saving already [:D]
Well, you never know. IMHO, Ertiga will steal the show as it is more VFM & 7-seater. If Duster & Eco-sport come in price range of 8-10L, then I am afraid, there will be very less takers.
All depends on the price IMO.[:)]

Guys,
I feel pricing duster in the 7-9lac bracket is difficult which is the expected price range for Ertiga & Ecosport. With the list of features in Duster & a diesel pot sub 10lac looks difficult according to me. But if they manage to pull of a stunt like the shock pricing of xuv500, then its game on.

cheers
jazzy

Well, you never know. IMHO, Ertiga will steal the show as it is more VFM & 7-seater. If Duster & Eco-sport come in price range of 8-10L, then I am afraid, there will be very less takers.
All depends on the price IMO.
There are UV lovers here, which means they won't buy Ertiga....they require something jeep like. Ertiga buyers will be the ones who want higher seating capacity cars & cheaper than Innova. If priced correctly, I feel many of Xylo buyers will be attracted to ertiga as many bought xylo as they couldn't afford innova.

Hey guys when I was searching about this car on internet....i got some more information and reviews about the new Renault Duster from carwale. have a look at it guys and I m also attaching some pictures of the car.
Renault has moved out of the Logan pact with Mahindra and the company has now officially announced that they will bring two of their cars to the Indian Market. One among the SUVs would be the Renault Duster. The Dacia Duster so to say is a funky looking SUV and one of the cheapest in the world. In India, the price of this car is said to be anything between 6.5 lakh to 7 lakh. The Duster is not a soft roader for the price offered; the car can take on any road. The ground clearance of the Duster is 210 mm which makes it taller and the chunky 215/65 R 16’s just make the image of the SUV a complete one.

The Duster is offered with two-wheel or four-wheel drive. The 4x4 variants make use of Nissan's all-wheel drive system which allows the driver to choose from three different driving modes: Auto, in which the front/rear torque split is calculated automatically as a function of available grip, Lock, whereby 50 per cent of torque is consistently fed through the rear axle, and 4x2 where the transmission is locked into two-wheel drive for maximum fuel efficiency.

The Duster will be made available in the 1.6 petrol or the 1.5 diesel. The 1.6 L petrol version is said to churn out 105 bhp while the 1.5 L is tuned to produce either 85 or 110 bhp. The Duster is long and wide as well and is a bit smaller than the Mahindra Scorpio. The optimum capacity of the car is five healthy adults.
The Duster is likely to face competition from all the SUV’s in India. What will be of utmost importance though is the drivability of the car, the way the car handles on Indian roads. Renault will be the new player in the changing Indian Car Market scene. Though the company has witnessed and understand what the Indian Crowd admires most, their first sole output will face competition against their earlier collaborators Mahindra.
Specs: (Speculated)
Petrol
Engine: 1598 cc
Power: 105bhp@5750
Torque: 148Nm@3750 rpm
Transmission: five-speed manual
Tyres: 215/65R16

Diesel
Engine: 1461 cc
Power: 110bhp@4000
Torque: 240Nm@1750 rpm
Transmission: six-speed manual
Tyres: 215/65R16

Dimensions
Length: 4315 mm
Width: 1822 mm
Height: 1625 mm
Wheelbase: 2673 mm

All depends on the price IMO.[:)]
Ertiga is a MUV so its obvious that it will be bigger with more space. But I am not sure if we can compare a MUV with an SUV. I would say the Innova is a superb car, but again its not a SUV so it ended wearing a commercial tag.

There are UV lovers here, which means they won't buy Ertiga....they require something jeep like. Ertiga buyers will be the ones who want higher seating capacity cars & cheaper than Innova. If priced correctly, I feel many of Xylo buyers will be attracted to ertiga as many bought xylo as they couldn't afford innova.
I humbly agree with S class

Guys yesterday I went to Renault showroom to inquire about the duster and the SR told me that it will be launched in June and their training will start by April . He said the pricing will be from 7 to 11 lakhs depending on the model . A little off topic saw the pulse in grey colour my god in real it really looks hot if I go for a hatch I will surely give it thought over the swift really looks great in real then in pics.

Guys,
When will this launch, to make life difficult for the likes of Duster, ecosport ertiga, etc?
Taken in Auto expo 2012...
Cheers
Jazzy

Attachments

^^^^ this is a Hyundai muv it may or may not make life difficult for ertiga and xylo duster and ecosport are from different segments.

^^^^ this is a Hyundai muv it may or may not make life difficult for ertiga and xylo duster and ecosport are from different segments.
Raja,
This is the Hyndai Hexa & its USP is its flexible seating concept inside & it will seat 6-7 people. So it will compete with the Ertiga for sure at least.

Jazzy

Raja,
This is the Hyndai Hexa & its USP is its flexible seating concept inside & it will seat 6-7 people. So it will compete with the Ertiga for sure at least.

Jazzy
Yes exactly that is what iam saying ,iam just saying it won't compete head on with the duster and ecosport .

Lot of people are waiting for this super car!! I guess the USP is Classy SUV in a very affordable price!!

Lot of people are waiting for this super car!! I guess the USP is Classy SUV in a very affordable price!!
Only if Renault dosent screw up its pricing .it is very very capable car and has already proved all around the world.

Only if Renault dosent screw up its pricing .it is very very capable car and has already proved all around the world.
Raja,
The Duster is badged under the Dacia brand world over & unfortunately this Dacia is a low cost brand. lets hope things are different in India. In fact the launch could have happened sooner had Renault not decided to completely change the dash which earlier shared parts with the logan. Thats why the windows were blcked out in the Auto expo 2012 New delhi.

Cheers
Jazzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom