Renault Duster Now Launched at Rs.7.19 Lakh (Coverage – Pg.19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Renault Duster Now Launched at Rs.7.19 Lakh (Coverage – Pg.20)

How about the mileage of Duster being one of the reasons of its success? I am told it runs around 20km on a litre of Diesel which I thought is pretty good! Add this to other things mentioned by people above & it makes sense probably? Here in Bangalore in fact the other day I was driving on the outskirts which is sort of a semi-rural area & we could spot at least 3-4 Dusters in a matter of few minutes & we are seeing more & more on the road so it is a super success no doubts about that!

Now coming to the category, yes I am still a bit confused [confused] on WHERE to place it whether in BIGHATCH/SUV/MUV/5 seater/6 seater/5.5 seater category?

Definitely not a value for money car. But seems good on NVH & design/style & boot space!

Last edited:

Add High GC & Highway response thats why Rural/Semi Urban people running behind the overpriced muscle.
I am very sure the profit margins are pretty high for Duster dealers and they might be passing good discounts/deals unofficially to a select few in rural & semi urban areas simply to popularise the vehicle! with masses..

also this type of large scale splurging on stuff which might not be just worth it also shows the unimaginable amount of wealth floating around .. what kind it is might be is another topic altogether!

Last edited:

There is a strange observation from me on Duster today while on my way to office.
It was smoking like a old BMTC bus. Its reg says may be 7 months old. (Ka04 MK)
Fortunately he was parking is the same building as its a MLP. Had a discussion about the extreme smoke from his vechile and he had nothing but abuse for Renault.
As per him, there is only 1 service center in entire Bangalore- whitefield and that service all the renault makes. Service center is so over crowded that they dont even bother to use a clean cloth for exteriors. They always donot have technicians available as they busy fixing issues in Scala/ Duster.
Now- I am not sure what does issues from this guy mean but it sounded like a threat for duster buyers. Anyone can share a thought.

There is a strange observation from me on Duster today while on my way to office.
It was smoking like a old BMTC bus. Its reg says may be 7 months old. (Ka04 MK)
Fortunately he was parking is the same building as its a MLP. Had a discussion about the extreme smoke from his vechile and he had nothing but abuse for Renault.
As per him, there is only 1 service center in entire Bangalore- whitefield and that service all the renault makes. Service center is so over crowded that they dont even bother to use a clean cloth for exteriors. They always donot have technicians available as they busy fixing issues in Scala/ Duster.
Now- I am not sure what does issues from this guy mean but it sounded like a threat for duster buyers. Anyone can share a thought.
Whoa! Nice good warning for prospective Duster buyers. You should have asked the guy to join TAI & update in more detail [;)] Its ridiculous that they run half page & full page ads but hardly have enough service centers! Everything in this thread indicates that Duster's accidental? success might be shortlived unless there are other unknown facts.

Last edited:

I can't believe so many negative comments. A lot of people are extremely happy with the Duster and also the pricing.

I can't believe so many negative comments. A lot of people are extremely happy with the Duster and also the pricing.
I can only comment that those "extremely happy" people are probably not TAI members![lol]

My friend got home a top end RXZ (O) last month and he is very happy with it. Its giving him 14.xx kmpl in city driving and 18.xx kmpl on the highways. First service done. Service bill zero. Just basic check up. Insisted on oil and filter change but request put down by the Great SA. 3500 kms completed till date. No problems at all. No niggles. No heartburn. Nothing.

The only grudge he has is that the OE ICE is not upto his mark and the dealer says "you put an aftermarket amp and woofer in there, Sonny Boy, and I will void your warranty." Clint Eastwood style.

Buying experience is here:

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/dealership-reviews/11526-put-worst-word-you-can-think-here-experience-avia-renault-east-delhi.html

Last edited:

^^ If something sells month on month there has to be something good in it and it caters to the market need - its a simple truth really!

Actually if you go to see the base Diesel Model makes sense and is still quite a VFM buy. What other option do you have.
Mahindra Bolero! [:)]

My friend got home a top end RXZ (O) last month and he is very happy with it. Its giving him 14.xx kmpl in city driving and 18.xx kmpl on the highways. First service done. Service bill zero. Just basic check up. Insisted on oil and filter change but request put down by the Great SA. 3500 kms completed till date. No problems at all. No niggles. No heartburn. Nothing.

The only grudge he has is that the OE ICE is not upto his mark and the dealer says "you put an aftermarket amp and woofer in there, Sonny Boy, and I will void your warranty." Clint Eastwood style.

Buying experience is here:

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-here-experience-avia-renault-east-delhi.html
Thanks for sharing this experience of your friend, Good to know he is happy with his purchase, definitely helps to guess what one can expect! Something tells me all Renault dealers will be more or less similar!

I am not a owner of Renault but it looks like Sales and their section is doing all its efforts making customers happy.
But, "What about ASS" Any updates?

Why Duster is selling so much month by month ?? and why Pulse or Scala are not selling in the same way if people like its brand name, the answer looks to me with my very short TD of this is first its price and people buy it as a SUV and it just drives like car and effortless offers you best visibility[:)]

Ouch! Really??!!

!!
Yes Really .. & should it not be ?[;)]

you can probably give a comparison in your usual point by point style [:)] of Bolero Vs Duster on why it should OR should not not be the alternate plan/option!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom