Renault Duster Now Launched at Rs.7.19 Lakh (Coverage – Pg.19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Renault Duster Now Launched at Rs.7.19 Lakh (Coverage – Pg.20)

Hey friends,

3 of my friends who were waiting to buy a SUV !!

One has gone with XUV 500 recently

2nd one wanted to buy Duster strongly, but finally ended up buying a Vento diesel[surprise] as he said the price of Duster is not convincing for what it offers and he has learnt some issues like power is not enough and others things from his friends who own the dusters from first lot

3rd one is yet to do the TD of storm in Hyderabad and will decided after that

I am sure that this move will have a very negative effect on Duster's sale,which thanks to it's management team it deserves.

2nd one wanted to buy Duster strongly, but finally ended up buying a Vento diesel
Seems they read my sedan posts here. [lol]
You should take good treat from them on my behalf ! [;)]

Now I wonder why should anyone let go Storme Lx for mere 87k as this is the price diff between storme lx & base duster 85ps.

Ha ha ha

Now its no more a VFM SUV. Its better to go for Storme or Scorpio rather than this costly piece of sh**.

Did I read SUV??? [surprise] and VFM ?? Both words don't go well together with Duster any more. [lol]
I might name this as FUV (Froggy Utility Vehicle)

Renault's taking too much of advantage with the price hikes of duster, soon they will see the end of the day. The same saga then continues offers 50k discount, exchange old car. LOL

INDIA-SPEC 2013 RENAULT DUSTER SUV GETS A BRAND NEW TOUCHSCREEN INFOTAINMENT MODULE REPLETE WITH SATELLITE NAVIGATION

In less than year of its launch in India, the Renault Duster gets a small upgrade of sorts what with Renault India offering a brand new touch screen infotainment module that also comes with satellite navigation. Called the Media-Nav system, the new infotainment system sits in the center console of the Duster and is available with the diesel engined models. Given that it is an optional extra, you’ll need to shell out extra dough for the Duster with the Media-Nav system. The infotainment system is available with the the 85 PS RxL and the 110 PS RxZ variants of the Duster priced at INR 10.79 lakhs and INR 11.99 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi.

India-spec 2013 Renault Duster SUV gets a brand new touchscreen infotainment module replete with satellite navigation | IndianCarsBikes.in

Attachments

I happened to spend little time with the duster(85PS RXL version) this weekend, the vehicle had made me extremely curious as i was very keen to understand why its such a wholesale success :-

My very initial impressions as below (offcourse i didnt spend too much time on it so will be limited ) :-

> External looks butch and compact, decently designed, no noticeable panel gaps
Internal design very european and a bit quirky(err french), positioning of some buttons odd but nothing to complain for.

> Stalks are european (i.e wiper on the right side rather) and european style stereo control beside the right stalk.

> I didnt find the interior quality to be poor per se, some people complained about quality in our forum, but i honestly didnt find anything glaringly bad (may be i didnt play with everything enough)

> Interior finish could have been better, i could see some screws visually holding door plastics

> Seats were ok given the size of this vehicle. Very tall people might find the rear cramped especially if the front seats are pushed back fully.

> Boot is adequate. Sam Dinkar had dusted the Duster sometime back and i remember he mentioned jump seats as accessory, its actually a single jump seat - dont even bother buying. But that apart boot space is pretty decent

> NVH is pretty good at idle, i didnt drive the car though had the opportunity, i had only time for a short drive but i didnt want to form an opinion based on a short drive. Ill wait for my chance. I have heard a lot of its ride quality.

We also hope to receive a Duster for a proper TD - so hopefully we can do full justice then. But based on our short tryst it did feel nifty. For someone considering to buy a sedan this is surely an option to consider. I still need to understand the pricing to value parity better though, may be a detailed TD will help. Some photos attached.

Attachments

Last edited:

I happened to spend little time with the duster(85PS RXL version) this weekend, the vehicle had made me extremely curious as i was very keen to understand why its such a wholesale success :-

My very initial impressions as below (offcourse i didnt spend too much time on it so will be limited ) :-

> External looks butch and compact, decently designed, no noticeable panel gaps
Internal design very european and a bit quirky(err french), positioning of some buttons odd but nothing to complain for.
understand the pricing to value parity better though, may be a detailed TD will help. Some photos attached.
Thanks for the quick review IR, the success story behind that is for its SUVish looks, that's all, many people in my neighbor-hood bought this and have added some flashy alloys, that rear accessory seat is not at all good, better to take out the plank and sit there with the help of some pillows.

that rear boot space is by no means a seating space.

if anything it is a kidnap and seat space

Hmm,

Yes, there is no meaning with that small seat in that boot, in fact it can be just treated as good boot space.

The reason behind big sales of Duster is it looks like SUV and drives like a car[:)] and it is from a french company

I personally think the main reason behind the Renault Duster's success is that it was first of it's kind (ofcourse we had RIO, but no marketing killed it) as people were bored of the same type of cars. Something new and fresh. [clap]

^even the fluence was different than those sedans.
Yet it was a dud,that again was overpriced similarly.

^even the fluence was different than those sedans.
Yet it was a dud,that again was overpriced similarly.
But it was still sedan, this is compact UV and created a segment in India. Where as the price at which fluence is sold, one can get proven repute brand car (read sedan).

The success of Duster and XUV500 is actually shows that Indian customer doesn't care about brand(thankfully), and contradictory of other view doesn't go by the 'herd mentality'
Let me explain Duster success
What if I need a 5 seater car with high (enough) GC so that I can roam through the pot holed ridden "highway", again something can go reasonable comfortable in 4 lane "super highway" and compact enough so that can fit into the basement parking of most of malls/cinemas
Scropio/safari can't be fitted in half of the basement parking (heck it mostly can't pass the low roof entry/exit) + they aren't confidence inspiring on triple digit speed
The only car that fit most on the south of 20L is yeti, and oh Duster also, which incidentally cost almost half of Yeti.. (you see the math)
success of XUV will be OT here, but on a nutshell, if I need a highway cruzer with all the comfort and safety thrown in, the ans is.. well you got it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom