Remote Hatch Opener - For Alto Owners Only

it should come with that but since the agent has fix the security system before selling (our country Alto comes with several extra options.) it was not fixed. so i have to fix it now.
[anger]

Re: Remote Hatch & Fuel Lid Opener - For Alto Owners Only

Its a great DIY for Alto. Installed both remote fuel lid and boot opener in just 2 hrs. its not about saving few bucks but a great satisfaction of doing it your self and knowing your ride well.As MASS are not authorized to to do the changes in the vehicle and private garages do not take that much interest they should. I know some one who got it done from private mechanic he just dropped all the cables on floor under carpet without removing the driver seat, a must for proper routing of cables. its cost on exactly Rs.599.00 all the genuine part from MGP distributor. Part cost is as below

Cable Fuel Lid 83360 M 79G50 Rs.105.00

Cable Boot 83350 M 79G20 Rs. 99.00

Lever Fuel 83310 M 76G50 Rs. 47.00

Clip Trim 09409 M 07308 (4) Rs. 04.00

Striker Boot 82650 M 79G00 Rs. 35.00

Fuel Lid 64570 M 66L10 Rs.115.00

Clamp Fuel cable 75411 M 76G00 (6) Rs. 24.00

Striker Fuel Lid 76520 M 70F20 Rs. 43.00

Nut Fule striker 08316 M 1010A Rs. 06.00

Spring Fuel Lid 77111 81A00 Rs.121.00 ( SGP)

I have following part with me in Pune:
Striker Boot 82650 M 79G00 Rs. 35.00

Anyone needs it for this can take it from me... I will be happy to give it complementry to serious DIYer.

I was just thinking if we can attach a actuator somehow to the boot opening cable and give it a separate switch, wont it open with a press of a button

Again it might not be a necessity but will be nice to have

Hi guys!

Any idea about a place in India that I can purchase these parts on-line and get it delivered to Sri Lanka? My reasons are

1.) Lack of availability with local dealer
2.) High cost compared to the prices given here

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys!

Any idea about a place in India that I can purchase these parts on-line and get it delivered to Sri Lanka? My reasons are

Thanks in advance.
@alasok You are looking for which car parts in specific ?

Hi RPM2500,

I'm looking for

1. 82650 M79 G00 Striker, Back door Latch
2. 83310 M76 G50 Lever, Fuel Lid Opener
3. 83350 M79 G20 Cable, Back door opener

For Alto LXi

Last edited:
as long as the parts are from MGP, it does not matters whether these for Alto F8 or Alto K10. Because none of the Alto ( standard or K10)comes with remote hatch opening. it means MGP does not manufactures Cable for the same. What matters is the quality and length of cable.For quality go for MGP and if length is bit on higher side , hardly matters. The cable I have used for Hatch is basically for Maruti Esteem, its @ 4-5 inch longer. More over you can lay it in a better way if you have length and operates smoothy.ultimately it has to be adjusted with help of adjuster provided at the both ends.[clap]

Hi rakeshkn. Your threads are very helpful. Thanks for posting. I wanted to know how you order genuine parts because I am from Delhi, I had gone to four different maruti service station, but not a single service station deals in counter detailing of parts. They said bring the vehicle to our service station, we put the parts here only.

Rakesh, can this DIY be done on the WagonR as well?
My friend has recently purchased the Type1 WagonR and that does not have the remote tail gate opener. Since Alto and WagonR share a lot of parts (length is identical I think) so may be this will fit. Any inputs from you is highly appreciated.

Thread Starter #28
I am late to this thread. Sorry friends I will try to reply as much I can
I was just thinking if we can attach a actuator somehow to the boot opening cable and give it a separate switch, wont it open with a press of a button

Again it might not be a necessity but will be nice to have
It will work. But where from get the actuator and switch?
Hi guys!

Thanks in advance.
I am not sure about availability of these parts in Srilanka. we could buy and send you if it necessary.

as long as the parts are from MGP, it does not matters whether these for Alto F8 or Alto K10. Because none of the Alto ( standard or K10)comes with remote hatch opening. it means MGP does not manufactures Cable for the same. What matters is the quality and length of cable.For quality go for MGP and if length is bit on higher side , hardly matters. The cable I have used for Hatch is basically for Maruti Esteem, its @ 4-5 inch longer. More over you can lay it in a better way if you have length and operates smoothy.ultimately it has to be adjusted with help of adjuster provided at the both ends.[clap]
Yes I think so :)

Hi rakeshkn. Your threads are very helpful. Thanks for posting. I wanted to know how you order genuine parts because I am from Delhi, I had gone to four different maruti service station, but not a single service station deals in counter detailing of parts. They said bring the vehicle to our service station, we put the parts here only.
Thank you. for ordering parts go to MGP website place your order with part no. they will get back to you!

Rakesh, can this DIY be done on the WagonR as well?
My friend has recently purchased the Type1 WagonR and that does not have the remote tail gate opener. Since Alto and WagonR share a lot of parts (length is identical I think) so may be this will fit. Any inputs from you is highly appreciated.
Yes you can as both are same.

SS80 and all those who want to do it on WagonR
I have done in in my Wagon R Type-2. The list of parts required for WagonR is different as you need to change the striker as well as latch- both.
Part1:
82510M67K00 S LATCH ASSY BACK DOOR R 358.00
OR
82510M67K10 S LATCH ASSY BACK DOOR R 407.00
(You need only one of the above) I installed one with K00

Part2:
82650M75J00 S STRIKER COMP BACK DOOR R 60.00

Part 3:
83310 M76 G50 Lever, Fuel Lid Opener
Part 4:
83350 M79 G20 Cable, Back door opener

Top Bottom