Relocating - Where To Sell My Car?

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I am currently living in Bangalore but will be relocating out of India soon. We have a DL registered car - Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire Vxi Petrol 2010 Model. I need advise on where to sell the car -

1. Transport the car to Delhi and sell it there

2. Obtain NOC from Delhi RTO and sell it in Bangalore and compensate the new owner for the road tax applicable in bangalore for re-registration.

Which do you think is better approach and gives better price and less effort ?
Is there any other way that I have missed.

Pls share your guidance

deville_56

Honoured Member
Selling in Bangalore fetches way less than market value claiming this out-of-state thing. Friend of mine exchanged a relatively 2018 Baleno with Polo GT TSI and fetched just over 4.5 L. Car was TN registered, just across the border. All dealers and buyers were quoting similar price, so let it off.

1. Check the transportation cost + how much it will fetch in Delhi. If it's worth the effort, sell off in Delhi.
2. Check how much it will sell for in Bangalore. If it's more than the DL rate + shipping, settle it here. Don't bother about compensating the buyer as it's none of the seller's worry and they will anyway low-ball on the price. One worry will always remain, will the buyer change the ownership.
3. Approach reputed used car dealer like TrueValue, First Choice, etc. If they offer good deal, rest is their headache.
4. Find another Delhi guy in Bangalore and sell off. A common practise here in IT parks, but solely on luck. Most of them would have left for home town due to the pandemic and WFH options, so .....

Top Bottom