Red Hot Volkswagen Polo - TDI (Trendline)

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

A big thank you to the entire TAI for helping me buy my first car.

I booked the car during last week of Feb 2012 and the VW Mangalore guys processed everything including the loan within one week and got my car ready to be delivered on March 5,2012. Hats off to the entire VW team in Mangalore!

I started my planning in Nov 2011 and had shortlisted Swift and Polo. Took test drives of both vehicles and it was Polo all the way.

I will split my ownership review into different sub topics.

Volkswagen Mangalore Team

A bunch of young and energetic people who were very helpful right from the enquiry, test drive and through the entire process of booking till delivery. Very knowledgeable people too. They helped me through the entire loan process too and saved a lot of time as I didnt have to run around too much. Even now (After 1 month of purchase) they are still in touch regularly and keep asking about the vehicle's performance.

Last week the VW Showroom guys came home and gave us a big chocolate cake and a framed picture of me taking the Polo delivery. These are the small things which makes us (the customers) happy [;)]

Buying Process

The delivery took just a week. i wanted the vehicle before the budget and they responded very well. Took loan from State Bank and was done through the showroom guys and was hassle free. Once the loan got approved, I got the vehicle the very next day.

The car

I have just one word to describe the polo - AWESOME !!!

Right from handling to the overall performance the car gets full marks! The initial pick up compared to swift is a bit slow but once it gains speed no catching it !! Handling at high speed is amazingly good ! the steering is very very light no comparison to any other car ! The interiors are rich and neat. Got the door handle and OVMs body color painted through the showroom itself. The car is definitely a head turner on the road! Cabin noise is almost nil inside the car, the gear shift is also very smooth.

Driving at highways makes you fall more in love with the car. Mileage is around 19-20 in highways and 16-17 in the city. That is what I get. Have tested 3-4 times with full tank. Overall mileage is around 17-18 for me as I drive 60 km daily within city and 200 km on weekends on highway. Car is 1.5 months old now and not even one complaint ! Overall performance is very satisfying. Even at high speeds the control that you have on the vehicle is mind blowing. The braking system too is very very good.

Have done 2.5k plus till date. I got the silver coloured VW key chain too for free during the delivery. The essential pack covered the Mud flaps and mats.

Spent 30k extra and got Pioneer DVD player (touch screen) with rear camera and 2 speakers, remote locking,flooring and tint for the windows. Got this done from outside. The job was neatly done by this person. As he had worked on VW vehicles before, the warranty issue was also taken care of.

I feel that I have made the right decision by buying this car. Pics will be updated soon. Do shoot your queries, if any. [:)]

Last edited:
Congrats on your ride. Welcome to Volkswagen. Even I am a polo owner as you know it. I am sure you will feel great to own a polo!
Its a fantastic vehicle.
I badly wanted to buy the touch screen dvd player but I ended up buying the kenwood player which the dealer provided as I did not know much about the touch screen. [frustration]

And how much did you pay on-road price and how much for the body colored door handles & OVM's?

Thread Starter #5
Congrats on your ride. Welcome to Volkswagen. Even I am a polo owner as you know it. I am sure you will feel great to own a polo!
Its a fantastic vehicle.
I badly wanted to buy the touch screen dvd player but I ended up buying the kenwood player which the dealer provided as I did not know much about the touch screen. [frustration]

And how much did you pay on-road price and how much for the body colored door handles & OVM's?
Thanks a lot ! Karnataka Road taxes are very high was around 91k road tax + registration [frustration] so on-road after corp discount was 6.8 lacs inclusive of everything.

Body colored door handles and OVM's I got it at a discounted price around 2k [;)] This was included in the 6.8 lac which I mentioned earlier. Yeah you could have gone for the touch screen as it fits in our car well as it covers the entire area. I have attached the pic of my player below.

Attachments

Last edited:
Congrats for your lovely red Polo, wish you many happy miles touch screen music system looks good too, does it has inbuilt GPS system too?

Did you opted for extended warranty and RSA?

Thanks a lot ! Karnataka Road taxes are very high was around 91k road tax + registration [frustration] so on-road after corp discount was 6.8 lacs inclusive of everything.

Body colored door handles and OVM's I got it at a discounted price around 2k [;)] This was included in the 6.8 lac which I mentioned earlier. Yeah you could have gone for the touch screen as it fits in our car well as it covers the entire area. I have attached the pic of my player below.
Oh. Karnataka taxes are very high & that was the reason why I asked. I was keen to know about it!
You paid only 2.5k? I paid around 3 or 4k I guess.
And I have seen a polo owner in TAI who payed 7k for it. I was shocked to read it!

Its always a delight for me to see another polo owner being added on the Forum.

Congrats Vijeshetty for the vehicle. I too own this red beauty with petrol tank. I am sure you would pamper her and keep her shining as she deserves to be.

Congrats for the pioneer unit. If you can provide the link to this unit or provide details like specs, features, it would be so helpful for polo owners here.

@Toughguy- what is RSA?

Thread Starter #9
Congrats for your lovely red Polo, wish you many happy miles touch screen music system looks good too, does it has inbuilt GPS system too?

Did you opted for extended warranty and RSA?
Yes I opted for 2 years extra extended warranty (Total 4 years) at 7k. This includes RSA as well and even this was included in the 6.8 lac on road price.

No GPS in the model which I bought.

Oh. Karnataka taxes are very high & that was the reason why I asked. I was keen to know about it!
You paid only 2.5k? I paid around 3 or 4k I guess.
And I have seen a polo owner in TAI who payed 7k for it. I was shocked to read it!
Yes, one of my friend in Bangalore paid 5k I guess. It depends from city to city and depends on your dealer as well [:)] But Thanks to you guys here that I was aware of the approx price on each of the extra feature. But luckily the showroom guys were very good ! Everything was so hasslefree

Thread Starter #10
Its always a delight for me to see another polo owner being added on the Forum.

Congrats Vijeshetty for the vehicle. I too own this red beauty with petrol tank. I am sure you would pamper her and keep her shining as she deserves to be.

Congrats for the pioneer unit. If you can provide the link to this unit or provide details like specs, features, it would be so helpful for polo owners here.

@Toughguy- what is RSA?

Thanks a lot ! [:)] Yes definitely will pamper and keep her shining !

My HU details are given in the below link

Car Head Units

Also attached a pic from the car as how it looks. PFB the speaker specs as well along with the pic

Car Entertainment Systems - Best Car Speakers, Champion Series, D-Series, A-Series, G-Series: Pioneer India

Also, Got a rear camera free along with the music system installation. Clarity is good along with night vision. The screen automatically changes to rear cam view when I shift to reverse gear.

Attachments

Last edited:
Yes, one of my friend in Bangalore paid 5k I guess. It depends from city to city and depends on your dealer as well [:)] But Thanks to you guys here that I was aware of the approx price on each of the extra feature. But luckily the showroom guys were very good ! Everything was so hasslefree
ok. anyways lucky you [;)]. I loved your touchscreen DVD player! [evil]

And does your vehicle show the temperature outside?

Last edited:
Nope i dont think it shows the temp outside.have not noticed anything like that.

Any tips on washing the car?
hmm. Another person on TAI who owns a white polo TDI has the temperature being shown [confused]. Maybe there are some minor changes between the 2011/2012 model!

I wash the car with a water pipe which is always at full force. After that, I wipe off the heavy dirt from the vehicle. Then I again apply some more water all over the surface. Then I wipe it off with a dry cloth. Tadaa.. Your car will look like new. :stupid:
You can apply body polish when needed after the car has fully dried up!

Top Bottom