Red Hot Volkswagen Polo - TDI (Trendline)

congrats on your new Polo .[thumbsup] nice and crisp review. Polo truly stands out in RED. i too got my POLO's delivery 10 days back on 13th April 2012.[:)] I'm falling in love with this beauty every time i see it. My parents think i've gone mad when they see me staring at my Polo for good 15-20 minutes at a stretch. Been really busy the last week so not getting enough time for clicking a few snaps of my babe. But will try taking out some time this coming weekend.

Congrats for your Polo, wish you many happy miles, did posted your ownership thread? if yes please post the link if no please start the thread [:)]
thanks Toughguy.well i've been very busy the last few days so couldn't click pics.but yes ownership review will be coming soon,i can promise you that.for now i'm uploading a teaser pic of my babe.[;)]

Attachments

thanks Toughguy.well i've been very busy the last few days so couldn't click pics.but yes ownership review will be coming soon,i can promise you that.for now i'm uploading a teaser pic of my babe.[;)]
Looking awesome, thanks for sharing teaser pic will be waiting for your ownership thread.

Any tips on washing the car?
Dude maintaining polo is really tough. The toughest thing would be the windows from which its too tough to wipe off the dust/hard water marks/dirt spots.

A few things I am currently using:

Jopasu mini duster- Recommended. A one time wipe in the morning is enough for the whole day. Not to be used on wet surfaces.
Formula 1 Car wash and Wax: Can't really say if does a good job. But ok.
Exterior polish: named 'Shining star'. Some guy at a refill pump was selling it, so I though to give it a try. I think its waste of money[frustration].
Dash board shiner: again the same brand shining star. Yea, this one works fine for dashboard and plastic parts.

Planning to buy:
Window cleaner, tire foam, may be an alloy cleaner too.

You can't see your polo dirty I bet. And I recommend at least jopasu duster and window cleaner for sure.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #22
hmm. Another person on TAI who owns a white polo TDI has the temperature being shown [confused]. Maybe there are some minor changes between the 2011/2012 model!

I wash the car with a water pipe which is always at full force. After that, I wipe off the heavy dirt from the vehicle. Then I again apply some more water all over the surface. Then I wipe it off with a dry cloth. Tadaa.. Your car will look like new.
You can apply body polish when needed after the car has fully dried up!
Thanks for the tips! :) is it ok to use car shampoo while washing? Cos here the 4 laning of highway is going on and its almost impossible to get the dirt/tar off by just water. I'm having a really tough time getting my polo shining every week.

Gave it for pressure wash once and those guys did a pretty good job.

congrats on your new Polo .[thumbsup] nice and crisp review. Polo truly stands out in RED. i too got my POLO's delivery 10 days back on 13th April 2012.I'm falling in love with this beauty every time i see it. My parents think i've gone mad when they see me staring at my Polo for good 15-20 minutes at a stretch. Been really busy the last week so not getting enough time for clicking a few snaps of my babe. But will try taking out some time this coming weekend.
I bet its the same feeling with every polo owner. So you are absolutely in the right direction. Please do post pics when free.

Congratulations Vijet on your new Polo.

Polo in red looks smashing. Nice HU but without GPS isn't little expensive. Pls post more interior pictures.
Thanks. HU+rear cam+2 speakers+rear tray+ fitting charge all included it cost me only 20k so I guess it was a pretty good deal. What say?

Ill post more pics of the interiors soon.

Dude maintaining polo is really tough. The toughest thing would be the windows from which its too tough to wipe off the dust/hard water marks/dirt spots.

A few things I am currently using:

Jopasu mini duster- Recommended. A one time wipe in the morning is enough for the whole day. Not to be used on wet surfaces.
Formula 1 Car wash and Wax: Can't really say if does a good job. But ok.
Exterior polish: named 'Shining star'. Some guy at a refill pump was selling it, so I though to give it a try. I think its waste of money[frustration].
Dash board shiner: again the same brand shining star. Yea, this one works fine for dashboard and plastic parts.

Planning to buy:
Window cleaner, tire foam, may be an alloy cleaner too.

You can't see your polo dirty I bet. And I recommend at least jopasu duster and window cleaner for sure.

Wow thats a pretty long list. Thanks a lot.

Any pointers for online shopping for the above mentioned things?

is it ok to use car shampoo while washing?

Yep. You can get almost all the things that are mentioned above from ebay India. Jopasu mini/full dsuter, formula 1 car shampoo/car wash, microfiber cloth, dash board shiner, window cleaner etc are available online.

Good brands are Carnauba, Formula 1. For more info check this out: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...e/2312-what-car-care-products-do-you-use.html

Thanks for the tips! :)Wow thats a pretty long list. Thanks a lot.
Did you opted for upper body coating plan from VW dealer? if yes then this is a two year plan during which your car will be waxed after every 6months and you didn't require waxing and polishing from outside. I opted for this plan and found it quite useful.

If no then you can opt for other products available in market for cleaning and polishing, for online shopping you can choose ebay India, here can get most of the things.

Thread Starter #26
Did you opted for upper body coating plan from VW dealer? if yes then this is a two year plan during which your car will be waxed after every 6months and you didn't require waxing and polishing from outside. I opted for this plan and found it quite useful.

If no then you can opt for other products available in market for cleaning and polishing, for online shopping you can choose ebay India, here can get most of the things.
Nope I have not opted for that. How much you had to pay for that?

Yeah Ill have use the polish from outside then.

Since mine is Red Polo, any complaints of color fading or something if parked in sunlight? Our office parking has only tree cover and no solid roof.

Nope I have not opted for that. How much you had to pay for that?

Yeah Ill have use the polish from outside then.

Since mine is Red Polo, any complaints of color fading or something if parked in sunlight? Our office parking has only tree cover and no solid roof.
After discount i paid 6K for upper body, lower body and silencer coating. Upper body coating is having two year plan and lower body coating+silencer coating is 5 years plan.

Try to park your car in shade as much as possible though nowadays car paint takes toll of everything, but still i believe long exposure to direct sunlight will surely leave some impact on car over the time.

Thread Starter #28
After discount i paid 6K for upper body, lower body and silencer coating. Upper body coating is having two year plan and lower body coating+silencer coating is 5 years plan.

Try to park your car in shade as much as possible though nowadays car paint takes toll of everything, but still i believe long exposure to direct sunlight will surely leave some impact on car over the time.
Yeah that is what Im worried about.

Any other tips related to maintenance as Im just one month old into my Polo

Thanks for the tips! :) is it ok to use car shampoo while washing? Cos here the 4 laning of highway is going on and its almost impossible to get the dirt/tar off by just water. I'm having a really tough time getting my polo shining every week.
I know it. I don't know about car shampoo. I guess its safe!
I use the Formula 1 car polish which works quite well. I would suggest this for cleaning small tar spots so that you don't need to waste it by cleaning the car often.

Thread Starter #30
I know it. I don't know about car shampoo. I guess its safe!
I use the Formula 1 car polish which works quite well. I would suggest this for cleaning small tar spots so that you don't need to waste it by cleaning the car often.

Yeah Ill order it online and start using.

One more doubt, Once the car completes 5k km should I get the wheel alignment checked?

Top Bottom