Red Hot Alto Spice

Especially the consumer forum settlements.
You keep reading about the consumer forum asking so-and-so company to pay Rs 5000/- (Which would not even have paid for the wear and tear on the guy's shoes, for God's sake!!), or, miracles of miracles, a princely sum of 10,000/- !!
But, I can only wish you luck.

Thread Starter #92
Here's the milege summary of this car till date. The latest milege acheived today was 13.09 Kmpl. The average milege (total kms by total fuel consumed) works out to 12.71 Kmpl and the average cost per km is Rs.3.57/-.

How do I upload a PDF document?

Here's the milege summary of this car till date. The latest milege acheived today was 13.09 Kmpl. The average milege (total kms by total fuel consumed) works out to 12.71 Kmpl and the average cost per km is Rs.3.57/-.
13.09kmpl, with AC looks just ok. Certainlly people get more than this.

How do I upload a PDF document?
Send the pdf to mods, through email.

At worst driving condition of 110+ in my friend alto with ac gave 14.

No clue of the fault. Need to see the car in real. i'll try asking some mechs here
-----------Next Post-----------
At worst driving condition of 110+ in my friend alto with ac gave 14.

No clue of the fault. Need to see the car in real. i'll try asking some mechs here

Last edited:
In India, courts never skins anybody alive.
You will at best get a pittance as compensation, which will not even begin to cover the cost of the hassle.
It may be best that you get some kind of a positive reply from the company.
Let's hope for that.
Wrong !,consumer courts are not like that, I personally got a compensation of Rupees 6500 when a hotel overcharged me for something I did not have. The damage they did to me was to the tune of 300 rupees,but they ended up paying their advocate and paying me 6500 rupees. I believe thats fair enough.
-----------Next Post-----------
I have also seen a lot of manufacturers and dealer people running around consumer courts for their earlier sarkari babu attitude to consumers. It has taught them a lesson and there is a change in their attitudes. I'm not using names here cause I am a little restricted here.

Last edited:
If you don get a good reply from Maruti i suggest you dump the car to avoid all the hassles of the court!! And i don think you will get good compensation amount too!!

Wrong !,consumer courts are not like that, I personally got a compensation of Rupees 6500 when a hotel overcharged me for something I did not have. The damage they did to me was to the tune of 300 rupees,but they ended up paying their advocate and paying me 6500 rupees. I believe thats fair enough.
You actually are only proving what I am saying.
6500 is a moral victory, I admit, but my time is much more valuable than that ... Even if I have to spend half a day in court, I have already lost much more than any compensation that the court awards, unless we are talking about a few more zeros in the sum.

You actually are only proving what I am saying.
6500 is a moral victory, I admit, but my time is much more valuable than that ... Even if I have to spend half a day in court, I have already lost much more than any compensation that the court awards, unless we are talking about a few more zeros in the sum.
The compensation depends upon the person and his status. If you're a High profile person making 100000 rupees a day,the compensation will be in tune to your real time damages and not 6500 bucks. I'm just a junior lawyer and have been so for only over four years now. Its fair enough for me as it suits my time and I just had to spend a total of three and a half hours of court time. The hearing dates were also posted according to my convenience. Its because people think that courts are not worthwhile,that incidents and unfair practices like what Peter face happen across the country. Its your duty to respond and if you turn a blind eye,then welcome to anarchy.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #99
Got a letter from Maruti saying the car is OK (without even checking it). Took it for the 3rd service to another MASS. Asked him to check the milege issue. He found the tappet setting totally out. One was loose and 2 were overtight. I had asked the dealer CIL to check this issue when I took it there the last time. They had confirmed that the tappet settings were OK. Looks like the ordinary MASS is much more competant than the Main dealer CiL who are just out to loot customers with the full backing of Maruti. Lets see the milege now.

350Z

Core Team
They wasted a lot of time on arguments and all which was seriously un-expected from a reputable manufacturer like Maruti Suzuki. Let us know the update on mileage now.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #103
Finally the problem seems to have been solved. Milege has improved. Today I checked the milege and got 15.3 Kmpl. Let's see if it improves further. Thanks a lot guys, specially Vibhor for the assistance. Maruti A.S.S. sucks big time.

Top Bottom