Recommendations for Reliable External Hard Disk

Hii all i bought seagate's 500GB external hard disks 6 years back and got 5+2(diwali offer) years replacement warranty in that. After 5 years my HDD is giving some problems in transferring i complaint about that to the seagate and after one week i got replaced the same with 1TB of HDD [:D]. Really I am totally satisfied that Seagate is caring their costumers

First of all, Sorry Guys if I am putting my query at wrong section.

My query is, revently my Lappy motherboard malfunctioned and replaced with new one with three year warrenty. After 6 month or so, same thing happened again that motherboard got damaged (as told by ASC). Now I don't wanted to spend more on this lappy so I bought new one.

So is it possible to transfer data form old lappy's in-built hard-disk to any external hard disk ??

First of all, Sorry Guys if I am putting my query at wrong section.

My query is, revently my Lappy motherboard malfunctioned and replaced with new one with three year warrenty. After 6 month or so, same thing happened again that motherboard got damaged (as told by ASC). Now I don't wanted to spend more on this lappy so I bought new one.

So is it possible to transfer data form old lappy's in-built hard-disk to any external hard disk ??
It can be easily transferred as your lappy HD is in working condition.You can also use the laptop harddisk as external device.

It can be easily transferred as your lappy HD is in working condition.You can also use the laptop harddisk as external device.
Wow.. [:D] even I was thinking something like this.. If my old Lappy's in-built hard disk can be used as external hard disk then it would be very useful. [clap]

Could you please guide me on how I can use it as external hard disk ? Is there any attachment/fitment that is available after market to use it as external hard disk? [confused]

Thanks a lot guys, i found some really cheap ones here,
Where to buy Hard Drive Enclosures? Ankaka wholesale shop is where to buy best Hard Drive Enclosures and cheap Hard Drive Enclosures at wholesale prices.

But dont want to buy from ankaka. I want something which supports usb 2(standard usb port)
I tried to open ankaka site but unable to do so in spite of several attempts.. don't know why ? [confused] and also you mentioned that you are not so keen to buy from there.
If you find the desired one , could you please let me know where can I buy a simple & cheap connector which can be used just to transfer data form my old in-built HD to any other Lappy in Mumbai ?

I tried to open ankaka site but unable to do so in spite of several attempts.. don't know why ? [confused] and also you mentioned that you are not so keen to buy from there.
If you find the desired one , could you please let me know where can I buy a simple & cheap connector which can be used just to transfer data form my old in-built HD to any other Lappy in Mumbai ?
Once again I am drifting off topic.. :offtopic:

Pardon me for that.. :sorry:

Is it possible to use LED screen for any purpose of my dead Lappy (without motherboard) which don't even get powered on ??

Top Bottom