Reclaim Life - Accessorizing Maruti 800

Thread Starter #31
Dear friends,
Today i got my car checked with AC Repairs and electrical shop for my AC. for sometime, my car AC just blows normal Air and seems the AC has lost the cooling and i was suspecting that the gas has been lost.
While this person checked it, he mentioned the gas has finished and he needs to Top that up. the compressor oil would also be topped up. he would also open up the portion and thoroughly clean it since there is lot of muck which gets in and for an AC to function well, the compartment should be absolutely cleaned. He quoted 1200 for this complete job. This guy also undertakes those jobs for a M.A.S.S and told me the same. he sounded very professional but i am not sure about the price he quoted
can people confirm if thats the right price for this job!

Dear friends,
Today i got my car checked with AC Repairs and electrical shop for my AC. for sometime, my car AC just blows normal Air and seems the AC has lost the cooling and i was suspecting that the gas has been lost.
While this person checked it, he mentioned the gas has finished and he needs to Top that up. the compressor oil would also be topped up. he would also open up the portion and thoroughly clean it since there is lot of muck which gets in and for an AC to function well, the compartment should be absolutely cleaned. He quoted 1200 for this complete job. This guy also undertakes those jobs for a M.A.S.S and told me the same. he sounded very professional but i am not sure about the price he quoted
can people confirm if thats the right price for this job!
1200 is fine if it includes gas refilling, ac compartment cleaning, compressor fluids, vents checking. in my area, all this costs around 2k [frustration]

Thread Starter #33
just thought of updating here..during lunch out of curiosity walked down to Mandovi motors showroom and inquired about 12 inch Mag wheel's prices and various available.

the guy quoted 18k for set of 5 of Platis and Neos. he tried to get me into 13 inchers but when i mentioned that with 13 inchers on full load the car might scrap the tyres, he just smiled and nodded [frustration] they just try to take people into whatever they carry and as i found he didnt have much to show in 12 inch itself..also the exorbitant price for 12 inch models which i know sell for 11k outside.

just thought of updating here..during lunch out of curiosity walked down to Mandovi motors showroom and inquired about 12 inch Mag wheel's prices and various available.

the guy quoted 18k for set of 5 of Platis and Neos. he tried to get me into 13 inchers but when i mentioned that with 13 inchers on full load the car might scrap the tyres, he just smiled and nodded [frustration] they just try to take people into whatever they carry and as i found he didnt have much to show in 12 inch itself..also the exorbitant price for 12 inch models which i know sell for 11k outside.
for M800, one should not opt beyond 12inches alloy wheels and tyres, Stick with ur 12 inches idea, [:)] don't listen to any stupid saying to opt for 13 okay [frustration]

18k for a set of 12" wheels is very expensive. IMO you will get decent set for 11-14k. I was offered a set(of 5) Neo wheels(machined black with chrome lips) for my Honda City for 15k!

Thread Starter #37
yes, absolutely. i am planning to put them on hold for a while since i would get some other necessary work done for the car which includes:
1. Changing the windshield(refer to the other thread).-this is scheduled for today 31st Dec.
2. getting the insurance for the car back.
3. AC Gas refill.
4. Changing the tyres to 145/80/R12.

Thread Starter #38
folks, on the same line, another question wanted to ask. How much has been the mileage which people have gotten out of M800?
i happened to check the mileage during my recent trip to yelagiri hills from bangalore which was 380 Kms from Home to Home(up-down). The car gave a good 20 Km/Ltr. i had used the full tank approach to find out how much fuel we used and this number gave me a good feel.
how about others?

Yeah , ac needs cleaning , gives good life to cooling coils etc. you will get good throw.
1200 is in my opinion , its cheap including the gas?

Even the work shop is charged 1300/- here and more for direct customers!

Thread Starter #40
thx ilango. yes, thats including gas...the car has run out of gas completely and as mentioned earlier, the cleaning would also be done. i am planning to get it done tomorrow.

Update: got the pending door trims done today and the price was very nominal compared to what was calculated in this thread.pics coming tomorrow.

thx ilango. yes, thats including gas...the car has run out of gas completely and as mentioned earlier, the cleaning would also be done. i am planning to get it done tomorrow.

Update: got the pending door trims done today and the price was very nominal compared to what was calculated in this thread.pics coming tomorrow.
Cool , is that R13a gas or older generation.

yeah labour works depends on regions!

For fixing seat cover(snug fit model) , we are charged almost double what is charged in coimbatore.!

1300 is bit costly i think IMO. I paid 600 for gas refilling and 1500 for a brand new AC condenser in chennai....
Gone are the days where gas were 700 /- now its 430 per can , a car needs roughly 2 cans (lancer/swift/etc)
1300 /- is Full gas charge - not refilling
plus oil
plus cooling coil cleaning (clean them regularly to get maximum life - almost till end of car)

Thread Starter #45
oops! i am not sure about this but i inquired at couple of other places too and 1200 seemed to be a decent enough quote since other places i was getting quotes of gas plus labor accounting for 1800-1900 Rs...MASS is also charging quite little higher only.

Top Bottom