Reclaim Life - Accessorizing Maruti 800

Wow your seat covers are looking awesome! After the door trim change , your Interiors will be really cool!

Ilango is the perfect guy who can give you exact cost.

Thread Starter #17
thx people for those kind words! appreciate it and keep giving more inputs!
any all eyes turn to ilango for inputs on side door panels!

Gosh , people waiting for my input , feel like king!!

the inner door pads need to be worked on ,
same 2 tone , black and beige colour combination , with beige in center part around the handle areas - means need a stich in middle ,so a good liner must do this work.

else paint the handle beige and door pad in black material

same seat cover material can be used - as the one who supplied you the seat cover.
price depend on material.

i felt the exterior colour of the car also to be change , like a grey one else white kinda.
For alloys go for slight negative offset and wide radials , check out napster 800

Paint the lower half portion of dashboard and centre console also in beige colour.

And yep add a type 3 head lamp and do some meshing work in the grill area. same in some part of the bumper.

Get the bumper too painted body colour and mesh in contrast

Thread Starter #19
wow those are some great inputs!

1. Door panels: ilango, can you please gimme some ballpark estimate of the cost! this would really help.
  2. painting the dashboard:you said something out of my heart! can you share some aspects of good paints which are to be used so that the paint doesnt start to chip off due to quality

wow those are some great inputs!

1. Door panels: ilango, can you please gimme some ballpark estimate of the cost! this would really help.
  2. painting the dashboard:you said something out of my heart! can you share some aspects of good paints which are to be used so that the paint doesnt start to chip off due to quality

Card board a 100 aprox , else old one can be used , rexin material must be 100 to 150 approx for door , depend on region and material .

Hope you need 3 meter for your car. if you buy from rexin material seller , the price must be lower still

labour must be 100 to 150 per door , if just stick on job.

For interior , you need combination of paint and some chemicals.

Basic is paint sealer(plastic primer) and paint , rest of material cant be disclosed in forum , also in PM , its our secrets![evil]

Thread Starter #21
thx so much ilango.. so if i am getting it rite, then for the door trims, you are making this an approximate of :
scenario1-cardboard reused: cardboard reuse+150*4+100*4=1000
scenario2-new cardboards:1000+400=1400

excellent! thx. regarding the paint, will check here with my mechanic as he has a reliable painter. will get those details and PM you.

350Z

Core Team
Nice selection of the Seat Covers. :smile: You are already going on the right direction with accessories part, but I hope that you take care to keep the car mechanically fit as well, if you plan to retain it for long in future. Which accessories are you planning for the exteriors?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #23
350Z, thx for the encouragement and i fully agree with you! just the spik span interiors and exteriors arent of much good if the under the hood engine isnt in great shape!
any particular pointers you have! any inputs!

and btw, to my list, i am planning to get:
1. new tyres-145/80/R12-immediate
2. Alloy wheels-next, based on liking and cost attached :)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #24
350Z, i was looking for some inputs from you in case you were highlighting something specific which could go long way in keeping the car fighting fit.

All, any suggestions for the front grill painting? or should trying a chrome grill from JC Road is worth it!

thx man! yes, this is DX, 1998 model.
will be sharing the recent pics. the car has changed in leaps and bounds over period of time. some of the items on my list, i have put on the opening thread!
1. require inputs for front grill. any suggestions! references!
2. any other accessories suggestions!
The Honey comb grill on the new 800 would look much better than your current one and I suggest you dont paint it but leave it as it is. The chrome grill wont look that great with your car's colour in my opinion.
Tyres- I would suggest you to stay on the 145/70 R 12 set up and go for tubeless tyres. When you go for 145/80 R12s your speedometer will give false readings and the car's pick up and high speed handling will suffer a bit. And lose the wheel cups. They look silly to be honest. Painting the wheels white will give your car a sporty look and when in motion they might be mistaken for alloys.
And if you can stretch your budget a bit, a set of alloys would be a greater idea. Also the new model headlights and tail lights will give the car a fresher look.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #27
hey thx jalex..actually regarding grill,i was planning to paint it jet black! that might look better since i haven't got any other better ideas! honey comb grill might look fine but i haven't tried it so cant say.
regarding the wheel cups, the pics in which u are seeing those were taken quite long back..i had done away with those during that period only.
Alloys are there on my list and will just wait for sometime.
regard tyres, i still feel and have known from friend's experience that the handling is quite fine and doesn't bother much, hence would plan to stick to those! do you see any other major issue! i rather see lot of advantages with that spec in all aspects.
thx and really appreciate your response!

hey thx jalex..actually regarding grill,i was planning to paint it jet black! that might look better since i haven't got any other better ideas! honey comb grill might look fine but i haven't tried it so cant say.
regarding the wheel cups, the pics in which u are seeing those were taken quite long back..i had done away with those during that period only.
Alloys are there on my list and will just wait for sometime.
regard tyres, i still feel and have known from friend's experience that the handling is quite fine and doesn't bother much, hence would plan to stick to those! do you see any other major issue! i rather see lot of advantages with that spec in all aspects.
thx and really appreciate your response!
For the color of your car , go for black mesh /grill in front . white one may make it funny and will not go along with the bumper and color of the car.

To be frank , i wont say about the other chemical and procedure about the interior painting even in PM , as you all know the main thing is paint and add a sealer before to have a good grip - exact procedure will not be told[evil]

Go for good branded alloys and tubeless 12 incher , it will make steering light to some extent.

Top Bottom