Reason Behind Your TAI Handle?

Been a regular on this site for some time before finally registering today.
Akin to hitting the road finally with your ride after multiple test drives!
So, "OnRoadie" it was for me![:)]

CARleone-
CAR+Leone = Love Towards automobiles+Love towards wild life and Lion being king of all.
CARleone sounding as CORLEONE, that to do with my love towards GOD FATHER and the characterization.

I used to frequent Yahoo chat rooms in the second half of 1990s. I wanted to keep a username which was well different, didn't really give much of an idea about the nationality (first question in the chat rooms used to be, asl please) and which had some nice tough meaning to it.
My father had a Chambers' dictionary which must have been from the 1960s. It had a section at the end called "List of Bilblical Names" which I came across when I was thinking of what username to keep.
This chapter had biblical names and their meanings. I liked a few and from the shortlist I chose this one.
I was amused to find later that my "name" is a popular surname in Germany.
It means "battle sword" by the way and is supposed to be a legendary sword. Idea seemed cool to a teenager (me) and I kept it.
This wiki article describes the legend:-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hildebrand
To my amusement some on Indian boards make it hildebrandt, hilderbrand etc but I am not affected by it. hildebrand ji takes the cake though :D

Last edited:
Just found this interesting thread and thought to share mine.

CRACING - Short for Cheetah Racing. Under this name, I had hosted international car spec and news website long ago and I was a website designer too. Later I jumped into Windows Mobile development in Xda Dev (approx 6 years back). After few years Windows Mobile was discontinued and Windows Phone was launched which wasn't so advanced so I took Android's path. Developing alone in Android is difficult so I support Android ROM developers to find out bugs, issues and solutions. You can find me on Xda dev under same user name but please don't ask me noob or app related queries. [;)]

I'm using only HTC phones past 8 Years and have bought 7 HTC Phones since then so I mostly support that brand.

Last edited:

Top Bottom