Rear Wiper & Washer in My Maruti Alto

Hi Varun/rakeshkn,

I have bought parts required for the installation of rear wiper (except for washer tank and motor).
After looking at the wiper motor I am not sure how both of you have done the following steps

1. I was not able to mark a place to drill hole in the boot door because of the pivot. How did you mange to mark the exact point where we drill hole.
2. Were you able to use all three mount points or did you use just one or two points. How did you measure depth and whether motor will fix in the existing hole(available in boot door).
3. Which side in the figure should be up (A or B)
4. And the last one is regarding wiring. There are three wired in this, RakeshKN already mentioned that one black wire is negative and remaining two are positive. How can I connect this to the existing front wiper so that both rear and front wiper function at the same time. Will I need to source input from the front wiper motor or there is another option near steering column or combination switch.

I have marked points related to these questions in the image below.
IMG0042A.jpg
IMG0043A.jpg
IMG0044A.jpg
IMG0045A.jpg

Regards.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #62
Hi Varun/rakeshkn,
1. I was not able to mark a place to drill hole in the boot door because of the pivot. How did you mange to mark the exact point where we drill hole.
2. Were you able to use all three mount points or did you use just one or two points. How did you measure depth and whether motor will fix in the existing hole(available in boot door).
3. Which side in the figure should be up (A or B)
4. And the last one is regarding wiring. There are three wired in this, RakeshKN already mentioned that one black wire is negative and remaining two are positive. How can I connect this to the existing front wiper so that both rear and front wiper function at the same time. Will I need to source input from the front wiper motor or there is another option near steering column or combination switch.
First I would like to notify that there in only two wires and both wires acting as plus and body itself for negative. The black wire shown the motor is positive, leave blue one as it is, don't connect anywhere please.

marking hole is a bit difficult but not much. just put the motor outside and point pivot and mark! that is the solution.

B off course to the up position.

This motor seems you are lucky, on my motor there is big clamp on it I had removed that!.

hope you got the points![confused]

It is not required that you have to use all three mounts. In my 800 I have used only two mount points.

If you want to use the rear wiper with the front wiper, just connect the rear wiper +ve to front wiper's int (mode) wire (coupler plugged on to the front wiper motor).
So that the rear wiper works with int mode and also if you switch to low/high mode it will start working continuously.

If you need a pic let me know.

Hi rakeshKN/Varun,

Thanks a lot for your help and prompt response.

Could you please post a picture of the coupler where we connect rear wiper +ve. I will try to click the same and cross check with you.

Will the wiper come back to park position if I connect this in the front wiper coupler.

Regards.

Hi,

I have been able to install wiper motor and blade in the boot door. I did come across some issue while drilling hole in the door since I only had 6mm HSS Drill bit in my tool kit.

Following are still pending

1. Wiring for wiper motor: I tried to use power from the front wiper socket and found that the rear wiper did not come back to park position.

@Varun: were you able to get rear wiper to park position by using front wiper's power.

Rear Wiper motor: black and blue wires

Front Wiper power source: There are 4 terminals in the front wiper socket

a) negative
b) constant power source (+ve)
c) Intermittent and low speed source (+ve)
d) High speed power source (+ve)

Note: I tried to connect blue wire to positive but the motor did not move, it only worked when I connected black wire to -ve terminal. I am still not sure whether this is the correct way to connect and maybe one of the wires (blue/black) is for the park function.

2. Washer: I have to source washer tank and motor since it was not available with the MGP dealer. Will try to get this soon.

Regards.

Last edited:
Hi All,

I have managed to complete temporary wiring (for testing) and have connected power source(+ve) to front wiper intermittent mode. I have routed this power through another switch so that I can independently switch off rear wiper, while front wiper in functioning.

Auto Park function: I have still not managed to enable auto park function for the rear wiper. Rear wiper does not come back to park position when we switch off wiper.

I hope some forum member would be able to guide/help me with the park function.

Here is a very poor quality picture captured through mobile camera
WagonRRWP.jpg

Regards.

Thread Starter #68
Looks perfectly executed DIY man., Is auto wiper positioning not working with front wiper connection?. Varun need your inputs

Thread Starter #72
Finally, I fixed back lighting on the wipe and wash switch. Thanks a lot Varun. Took connection from AC panel back light connection. I am not cut any wires, just sliced and fixed the connection. Its working great.

Hi All,

Has anyone tried using 5 pin relay to wire park switch for rear wiper. I am talking about the following relay

Products - Hella

We can power park switch through pin 87 and 87a. While wiper is switched on 87 will provide negative power and when wiper is switched off 87a will provide positive power to bring wiper back to park position.

Could someone also share approx price of such 5 pin relay.

Regards.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #74
I am also in hunt for a product like this., My wiper doesn't park default position automatically, waiting to get the wiring diagram from varun :)

Top Bottom