Rear Wiper & Washer in My Maruti Alto

Nice job. Could you provide more details? Specifically, some pictures of the new tank, motors and how the wiring and pipes were routed. Also the part nos. of all components involved. Thanks in advance!

Thread Starter #50
Yes of course., but there is some tasks involved :). I have to remove wheel cladding to take tank picture., details I am already mentioned in previous posts and about part no I will search and share it with you or Varun can you do that?

Yes of course., but there is some tasks involved :). I have to remove wheel cladding to take tank picture., details I am already mentioned in previous posts and about part no I will search and share it with you or Varun can you do that?
Will try to source the entire part number. As the components used are of different maruti cars.

Thread Starter #53
How to get back the wiper to the first position when switched off? this problem hunting me from long days. Can somebody help me on this?

You have to fit a relay for that, I have tried the front wipers relay but it doesn't work properly. This is the reason I have connected my rear wiper to int mode.

Hi Rakesh,
How to run the rear water pipe from water tank to nozzle assy,rear washer ,if possible please show me some photos of water pipe.

Thanks& regards,
Suresh

Hi rakeshkn,

I have been planing to do this from long time for my Wagon R 2007 Lxi. I believe I can source wiper from Wagon R 2012 model and use it. Could you please help me with the following questions

1. Did you find individual part numbers for each part or did you order everything mentioned on the part number booklet page.
2. Do we need buy two wash motors with the new wash tank or can we buy just one (1 old + 1 new). Would this new wash tank be compatible with the mount point of existing wash tank and how can i remove fender to access wash motor.
3. Will I get washer pipe of ample length or would I need to use connector and buy extra pipe. I read in your post that you had routed this pipe from the roof lining. I will need some help in opening roof lining since I am not sure about the procedure and do not want to damage :)
4. I am planing to order this thru MGP website and most probably this request will be routed to essar automotive Bangalore. Did you get the spares within weeks time or did it take longer.
5. As requested by other forum members could you please remove the cladding and share another picture of wiper motor mount point when you have some spare time.

Thanks for your amazing post. I hope I will be able to complete this within a months time :) since I need to start from step one.

This forum has been of great help in installation of Ritz Tacho in my car.

Regards.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #58
Hi rakeshkn,

I have been planing to do this from long time for my Wagon R 2007 Lxi. I believe I can source wiper from Wagon R 2012 model and use it. Could you please help me with the following questions

1. Did you find individual part numbers for each part or did you order everything mentioned on the part number booklet page.
2. Do we need buy two wash motors with the new wash tank or can we buy just one (1 old + 1 new). Would this new wash tank be compatible with the mount point of existing wash tank and how can i remove fender to access wash motor.
3. Will I get washer pipe of ample length or would I need to use connector and buy extra pipe. I read in your post that you had routed this pipe from the roof lining. I will need some help in opening roof lining since I am not sure about the procedure and do not want to damage :)
4. I am planing to order this thru MGP website and most probably this request will be routed to essar automotive Bangalore. Did you get the spares within weeks time or did it take longer.
5. As requested by other forum members could you please remove the cladding and share another picture of wiper motor mount point when you have some spare time.

Thanks for your amazing post. I hope I will be able to complete this within a months time :) since I need to start from step one.

This forum has been of great help in installation of Ritz Tacho in my car.

Regards.
Yes you can as a DIY itself

1) I don't have the part numbers but I hope varun will help you to get the same.

2) no, you can buy only one motor before that check your wash tank. it might accommodate two motors as the full option Wagon-R coming with the same.

or if not swap the water tank from VXI

3) yes you will get the pipe in any length. routing pipe via skill pads and only in dicky you have to open the roof-line to root the hose to the door.

4) yes you can. I will post the pic for sure

don't hesitate me to ask any queries.

Hi antardaksh, please visit Essar directly. Ask for alto's/ any car's parts manual you can get all the details. I guess you will have to order for the motor since it is not available readily.

Thanks rakeshkn and Varun,

I was trying to place order on MGP website but was not able to do so.

Will call Essar automotive tomorrow to place order and check if some of the spare parts are readily available.

Switch: I am still thinking how to manage switch for this wiper, should I connect it to the existing wiper switch or use switch similar to the one in your picture.

I am not familiar with wiring so would need your help once I am able to source all parts

Regards.

Top Bottom