Raining awards for the star car - A-star

A comment from you was expected as being an i10 owner.
It doesn't matter whether i own a i10 or not!

Even if i own A-star will not be happy with it [lol]

mind you that I've mentioned this line as well in my post - "However, It still can't compete in terms of comfort and space with rival i10".
Drive Safe,
350Z
Again i tell you I am not talking about comfort & space!

Performance & Refinement !! is what i look from K-Series Engine!

I haven't found out an answer yet! [cheers]

350Z

Core Team
Seems like you didn't get the point and from where Performace is coming in-between can't be understood. To provide an example which I recently discovered - Autocar India November 2009 Issue, Pg.131, Its just a small instance which should be enough to clear the point. For those who still can't understand, PM Me.

Drive Safe,
350Z

If its about looks, I like the A-star better than the Ritz and I feel its not a bad looking car at all. But what I certainly feel after I sat in the rear, legroom ****s.

Cheers,
Vroom

A-star wins TNS customer satisfaction study

*A-star customers most satisfied than their peers says TNS total customer satisfaction study
*A-star pips Hyundai i10,Chevrolet Spark, Tata Indica and Hyundai Santro to win the customer satisfaction award
*Compact cars (A-star) has grown not only in sales volume but in customer satisfaction as well
*A-star tops the customer satisfaction with the highest score of 95 in its segment
*The Voice of Customer Awards are based on a comprehensive survey undertaken among more than 8100 owners of major car models sold in India

Another award. But this one looks expected one since Maruti has always been good at customer satisfaction and A-Star being a horse of marutis stable gets this advantage.

A-Star winning the customer satisfaction is no surprise here! Main reason its a Maruti! People here trust Maruti more than anything else!

The report from autokavin is an compiled one from European market as well as Indian market!

But in India, A-star is no where near the sales of i10 or even Ritz!

Abso true.
The i10 is any day a better option than the A-Star in terms of space.
I think the A-Star pips it in mileage, but the rear leg room really irks.
It is clearly a car which was defined by the requirement in Europe, and not India.

Yes Aditya,

A-star can be huge leap in Mileage than i10.

But any 3 pot engine with 998cc can do the same :)

I just like only onething in A-star. Just the lower NVH levels.

350Z

Core Team
Correct, A-Star didn’t proved to be a killer hit like most of the Maruti Models in India due to competitors like Hyundai i10 which already made their base in the segment. However, but on the flip side Maruti has successfully made some profit by exporting to foreign market where scenario with this car is quite different.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Absolute fact it that today, if one wants a car to be a hit in India, it has to have design intent around Indian requirements.

Top Bottom