Raining awards for the star car - A-star

Thread Starter #1
Winner of light car division at Global Green Challenge for emitting just 89.9g.km of CO2

VCD rating says A-star 4th most environment friendly car in the world (after prius hybrid, civic hybrid, IQ)

A-star - TopGear car of the year

A-star - Autocar car of the year

A-star - Zigwheels car of the year

A-star awarded third place in Inndia Automotive Initial Quality Study announced by J.D Power Asia Pacific 2009

Winner of light car division at Global Green Challenge for emitting just 89.9g.km of CO2

VCD rating says A-star 4th most environment friendly car in the world (after prius hybrid, civic hybrid, IQ)

A-star - TopGear car of the year

A-star - Autocar car of the year

A-star - Zigwheels car of the year

A-star awarded third place in Inndia Automotive Initial Quality Study announced by J.D Power Asia Pacific 2009
welcome to NTAI, thankyou for sharing this information.Yes this is what maruti is working on and thats how new KB series engine are capable ofOne of the reasons Ritz petrol sells in much better numbers then diesel cause of new engines refinment,better FE and lesser emmiting of CO2.
This award is not for style or looks but for eco friendly environment.

Thanks for the information!

But A-Star doesn't really deserves all these awards!

I agree its emits less co2 when compared to other cars.

May be a green car award will do!

k12 engines are really smooth to drive.
Hmmm.. But do you think its well refined like Hyundai's I series ?

Last edited:
Zinam said:
Hmmm.. But do you think its well refined like Hyundai's I series ?
Ofcourse not. Much refinement needed to get close to hyundai's I. K series is refined as compared to previous suzuki engines. Especially the difference in Estilo, the drive of previous one and the current kseries is a lot improved

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
A-Star is not as ugly as it looks in Pictures or as we think about it. Matter is that Suzuki first showcased a futuristic concept model of car in India at Auto Expo, So the expectations of people went high after seeing first-in-class futuristic model. But what happened after Launch? We all are very much aware about it. A-Star is a nice buy for people who have fed up seeing tons of i10's at every signal, However, It still can't compete in terms of comfort and space with rival i10.

Nice to see the list of awards A-Star has bagged, Wasn't aware that it was Autocar's ICOTY too!

Drive Safe,
350Z

I feel, A-Star lost in start itself. The promotion was not up-to the mark, and i10 raced away. Eventhough A-star is futuristic, everybody talk about i10. Many people doesn't like the looks of A-Star, but i personally like A-Star.

A-Star is a nice buy for people who have fed up seeing tons of i10's at every signal, However, It still can't compete in terms of comfort and space with rival i10.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Come on Buddy!

Even i find maruti 800, Alto every nook & corners, but does that mean the people are fed up & buying some other car ?

No the maruti dealer near my home sells more than twenty 800s & 25 Alto's every month!!!

I am just only speaking about the level of refinement & performance! [lol]

It never matches any of the i series from hyundai! [cheers]

Feel biased ? shoot up the questions! ready to anwer [thumbsup]

350Z

Core Team
A comment from you was expected as being an i10 owner.

Zinam said:
Even i find maruti 800, Alto every nook & corners, but does that mean the people are fed up & buying some other car ?
Yes, It does. There are some who need exclusivity despite of their budget and mind you that I've mentioned this line as well in my post - "However, It still can't compete in terms of comfort and space with rival i10". Many people ask me every month for the suggestions during their car buy and what I'm telling is based on my experience.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom