Queries, Solutions & Renovations of My Maruti 800

Thread Starter #1
This is my second thread on my 800, the first one was merged to the general thread, where the we were conversant in some of the post between 274 to 316. Members had informed me to open a separate thread for my car, so i request the mods and admins not to merge this thread with any other.

My Maruthi is 1995 make, we have so far used it for 92,800 and odd Kilo-meters. I'll be posting pictures of my car soon, it's well maintained and gives a smooth run even now. Since i want to keep my car for myself, i'll be renovating it extensively. So, i like to hear all your suggestions, responses and ideas which will help my car.

The queries about the car will be asked one after the other, as i'll take up the issues stepwise. Some of the queries might help other vehicle owners thinking to renovate their vehicle.

I Welcome Everyone [:D]!

Re: Queries, Solutions & Renovations of My Maruthi 800

Keep the questions coming.Just make note of the problems and ask them one by one.This will prevent ten different people talking about ten different problems, solving none.

Do post some pictures and information about your journey with the car from 1995 onward.

Before you post the kind of work you want to get done.Make sure you mention what your budget is and then the members can help you accordingly.

Thread Starter #4

Here are the pics of my car... not that well maintained. But i want to maintain well from now on. :)

Attachments

Thread Starter #5

I've encircled a spot, where i found to holes (for bolts). I suspect something was there before. I dont know, but makes me think why that much place is empty.

I think those must be holes for brake lines.I am not too sure.If there is nothing going there you can always use drain plugs to seal them.

Thread Starter #9
Ok, i find lot of rust in some enclosures, how to get rid of them? especially the air filter covering.
I'm also thinking to buy a gps stand for my car. where shall i fix it? any suggestions on types of stands available.

Thread Starter #11
I don't have a separate GPS system. But my smartphone has it included. I'll use that for GPS map direction. I was thinking to buy one long ago, but not now, as i have it in my smartphone.

Top Bottom