**Queries on ECU Remap**

Recently I went through cosworth site and found that they are providing ECU remapping services. They claim that there will be increase in FE and vehicle warranty will not be void.

I have used their stock replacement filters on my petrol car and found them to be a quality product.

Has any one availed the ECU remapping from cosworth? If so share your experience.

Recently I went through cosworth site and found that they are providing ECU remapping services. They claim that there will be increase in FE and vehicle warranty will not be void.

I have used their stock replacement filters on my petrol car and found them to be a quality product.

Has any one availed the ECU remapping from cosworth? If so share your experience.
Vehicle warranty will be void no matter what they are going to claim.

Guys I own a diesel Punto 75 bhp. Can I revamp my ecu? I am desperate to get more power i am experiencing low pick up even after the turbo catches up. Any suggestions will be very much appreciated.

What all kind of remap/modification can I expect in my punto90hp .

I am not so much interested in more power neither would i mind if it does but something which will make it even better.

very high fuel efficieny;is it possible ?

I am not at all interested in boxes aka tuning box.

Any thing on ECU try www.kiirus.in they do it in style and have read about them on various newspaper and threads u can contact them and have good information on their website.
They have had a number of issues created with turbo Diesels and just walked off.

Their maps are generic maps from Europe. The fuel quality is different in Europe. This requires more specific maps. This even more so with the extreme climatic conditions in India.

I have heard bad rep about Kirrus. they are good but not that competent yet AFAIK.
IMO they lack latest technical know how and skills.

same with petes.Most of them are plug n play technicians.

@ Drifter whats you take for a Punto 90hp in India ?

I am tired of driving a stock car. I wish it to be different. I believe there could be something to make it even better.

I have heard bad rep about Kirrus. they are good but not that competent yet AFAIK.
IMO they lack latest technical know how and skills.

same with petes.Most of them are plug n play technicians.

@ Drifter whats you take for a Punto 90hp in India ?

I am tired of driving a stock car. I wish it to be different. I believe there could be something to make it even better.
I am a bit stuck with the development for the Indian market, because your layout under thebonnet is different than to the European version.

However, if you want it sorted, help me out with photos etc and I design with your assistance an AIR that makes a dramatic difference and when I come over I will sort the re-map.

What Photos ,you mean engine bay layout ? I will.

Please keep posted about your arrivals and updates.
I mean some shots from above the engine. I the might have to ask you about some specific measurements between 2 points I will mark out on the pictures.

I will make an effort to come down to Kerala on my next trip and will let you know.

I mean some shots from above the engine. I the might have to ask you about some specific measurements between 2 points I will mark out on the pictures.
I shall post some pic .

I will make an effort to come down to Kerala on my next trip and will let you know.
Welcome to Gods own land.
There are lot of tourists from UK staying nearby my home along the beach and it is such a proud moment for us to note they are all very happy being in Kerala.

Hi,

I checked with COSWORTH on ECU remapping. They offer remap for ritz diesel for a price of 16K. They claim after remap you can expect 20% gains in power & 25-30% gains in torque.

Has anyone tried this remap? Is it safe to do so or will it invite unwanted issues from engine/turbo ?

Plug and play tuning BOX:
What it does is, informs the computer that cold air is flowing in. and ECu is fooled to take more air, and more fuel is mixed. Which ends up with taking in more hot air(which is not good).

ECU remap
I would strongly recommend a remap, if it is done by right guys. Because, this controls everything in cars engine bay. From air intake, turbo timing and fuel air mixture. Everything is specified for each conditions. ( % of throttle vs the RPM). All possibilities are covered to give optimal performance. There by increasing HP and fuel consumption without affecting the parts much.

Why dont the company provide the car already remapped?
Simply because everyone out there are not enthusiasts like us. So they give importance to driveability in all conditions. Giving low end torque and mid end torque. While remapped units might be delivering mid to high end torque. The turbo kick is enjoyed by the enthusiasts not by regular drivers. And keeping the HP low also gives less strains to parts which might result in a more efficient car. But at the end of the day, when you rev a non remapped car to say 5000 rpm and a remapped one to 5000rpm. The remapped one will handle it better.(im talking about diesel if you find 5000 rpm to be too less [:D]).

IMPORTANT: In non turbo cars , these are practically useless. [frustration]

Regards
Jeno

In Simple language,

ECU Remap is like loading a cracked version of Windows Ultimate when you have only limited resources.

You have a stock car , so everything on the car is limited, even the Revs are limited that you cannot use your car's potential. In that case you can RE-map Ecu , or install a Standalone Engine management system.
Depending on the cars (Sports mostly) can get a standalone plug and play unit.

ECU can be remapped yourself (don't know about your car but for my car in needs Consult cable) , engine management systems have their own softwares to tweak .

You can use OBD tool for new ones and your android power phone can do the settings using OBD (bluetooth device).

Any small mod on the car voids warranty (if you do it yourself ) and installing a computer does that too.

If you can get already tweaked firmwares you can do it yourself , or you can get it done for some amount of money,.
Standalone engine managment systems (Haltech, Apexi Power Fc, Bee-R etc etc ) are expensive.. your looking for about 2000 dollars ( 1 lac rupees)

It really narrows it down to what you want and how much your willing to spend.

Top Bottom