Purple Beauty - Fluidic VERNA 1.6L CRDI - Purple Fantasia - 1st in Color in TAI

Thread Starter #61
Last week installed pvc floor matt (2200), changed horn to BOSCH (560), seat covers (5300), OSRAM night breaker plus (1100)... today 3M window suncontrol ce20 (5250 3 yr warranty) is installed. Since it is rainy day, we didnt do the underbody coating...

Last week installed pvc floor matt (2200), changed horn to BOSCH (560), seat covers (5300), OSRAM night breaker plus (1100)... today 3M window suncontrol ce20 (5250 3 yr warranty) is installed. Since it is rainy day, we didnt do the underbody coating...
post photos.
especially OSRAM. i am planning to put it next month.

Thread Starter #63
@neil - the picture that I took today by mobile was not good, so not adding today. Will add them sooner.

After 1st full tank of diesel, I drove 305 kms and filled the fuel 2nd time which consumer 28.33L. Then comes the shocking results 10.76 km/l [shock] . Its 100% city traffic, not hectic traffic though. Totally upset

Thread Starter #65
Yesterday I had the 1st free service for 1000km. It was done at Express Hyundai, Sholinganallur, Chennai.

As expected, no expense for me.

Observation that I wanted to correct in the service: -
FL door alignment (felt I need to give more power to close compared to other doors) - Fixed
Center View Mirror minute vibration while running - Fixed (need to observe after few days as well, as it can get loose again)
There is no auto lock option and wanted one (Serv Engr said it can be done with setting of 20km speed, but need to check). My model 1.6L CRDI base. - Not Fixed as the didnt have the equipment for Verna [thumbsdown]

What I missed to check with them? -> Viper water spray throw is not good and wanted to check on them.

What additional they did? -> Tightened the torque of all the suspension as per company's request.

My Like - Sev Engr was discussing well and patient to spend enough time.
My Dislike -
- Poor Car Washing & Cleaning.
- Time Management for delivery (can be because of too many vehicle)

Enquired about Synthetic Oil - He mentioned it will be around 1K per lit and engine consumes 5.6L (I have purchase outside). Mineral oil overall costs 1.2 to 1.4K. They use Shell but didnt notice what type it is.

Thread Starter #66
In City, I like the soft suspension and didnt right hard in highway and even not much kms so far. Lot of potholes are absorbed by the wheels & suspension. May be I am liking it as I drove Indica earlier??? [confused]

I even like the light steering wheel as its also effortless to turn and control.

Note: To measure my driving skills - I am driving from 15yr of age and and sooner going to be 31 [:D] and I have driven quite a lot few company cars both in India and USA.

well apart from the suspension issues and fe issue my dad and me love this car like anything my dad says this is comparable to the cars we had abroad comfort and cabin silence.
whenever i drive my aveo with a hydraulic steering my arms hurt like anything.
synthetic oil cost varies since you have a diesel mobil delvac1 is the best.
service centre uses shell helix. red can for diesels and yellow for petrol i guess ur service centre to has those dispensers for the oil like the fuel dispensers.

please add in more images

Thread Starter #68
@nick - thanks for the info on the engine oil...

I still feel I didnt grab some nice pics of my car :( but before that I caught some minor scratches in front and rear

my front bumper has touched my boundary wall three times and theres marks. and a dent on the co driver door caused when a cycle fell in the parking. i know it makes your heart sink but i guess we cannot avoid it but i can fix it using rubbing compound or as my driver deos it using brake oil for small scratches

Last edited:
I think the car is damn sensitive when it comes to the quality of fuel. Like when I took out my car the first tankful was done from a company owned HP petrol pump the average I got was amazing 15 km/l. The second time I tanked up diesel of Rs 1000 from another BPCL petrol pump the average dropped to 12 km/l. Then Indian Oil tankful gave me worst average of 10 km/l. Now this time again did a tankful from a company owned Indian Oil pump and the MID is showing 13 km/l but drove just 5 km max.

One more thing have you noticed the average drop at a very alarming rate when the car is kept ideal with AC on. Like my MID was once showing 12km/l and car was kept ideal for like 15 mins with AC on and the MID showed 8 km/l.

P.S:- All the above figures are in 100% city driving with bumper to bumper traffic. A/C on all the time and the fuel is normal diesel.

Last edited:
amit dont rely only on the mid, or even by filling fuel of a certain amount. Many pumps manipulate the true quantity which goes in, for being accurate fill the tank till you see fuel in the neck. drive 100km then do fill up till top again and calculate.

i hate indian oil i don't know why, never found their pumps to be clean.
hp is good as long as you get from coco or a trusted pump. somehow i find bp to be good be it from coco or private owned(only big pumps).
And yes hyundai cars are sensitive to fuel and driving style, if you will good fuel and drive gently you will match the claimed values or else you will be terribly shocked at the difference you get and whats claimed, while its not so for other cars, this is agreed by many other hyundai owners. And crdi engines need good fuel or they can get damaged.
for our petrol engine i found if use additives the engine is more relaxed.

Top Bottom