Pure Love for Country - Must See (Cars with Flag on Hood)

Re: Pure love for the country - Must See this

This is information to me [thumbsup].

But let that person be free and enjoy his ride with Indian flag on it (painted). We can either see it as a disrespect of Indian flag or his love for the country and flag. Let it be a publicity stunt if some may call it but still he is daring to show it off. How many of us can afford to do it for the country and respect ? Fear of police is one thing and expressing his emotion is different.

I personally liked the idea of Flag on the car rather not having anything. (Completely my own opinion)
See Laws most of the times are such that it does not give anyone an option to choose. And whether a person likes it or not- If it says no, Then he should adhere to it, else he's on the wrong side of the law and is very well liable for prosecution. I dont support the 'chalega' or 'Hota hai yaar' attitude especially when its a question of law as well. My word out is 'If its the law of the land, Live by it, No exceptions whatsoever!' We had four cases registered in our state for dishonouring the National Flag on the Independence day this year. And it was only an unintentional mistake in the way the flag was hoisted that amounted to the criminal charge.

I would say those who want let them do it, if you have enough will then make them aware of their wrong doings but do not promote blindly without a thought.
After flag it could be national anthem remix banging in disco's/pub .

I do not keep idols of dieties nor pics of movie star in car or anywhere where i dwell , not because i am against but i dont see any sensibility in it.

Again I agree with you here and I too dont have any idols or similar stuff in my car as well. I believe God or who ever one believes in should be in your head and there only. You dont need to advertise your faith is what I believe in.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #17

I would say those who want let them do it, if you have enough will then make them aware of their wrong doings but do not promote blindly without a thought.

I do not keep idols of dieties nor pics of movie star in car or anywhere where i dwell , not because i am against but i dont see any sensibility in it.
Yeah I made that sorta thread on one of the forums and got positive response and some negative too.
If your religious keep it to your own heart don't make it public

I agree it is individual choice and since we are free / independent people we have a right to chose. It is your choice not to keep such things but there are people who keep almost everything (Don't go for the literal meaning). I personally do not have anything of such sort in my car. But on the other hand I do not see any harm in it either.[:)]

See Laws most of the times are such that it does not give anyone an option to choose. And whether a person likes it or not- If it says no, Then he should adhere to it, else he's on the wrong side of the law and is very well liable for prosecution. I dont support the 'chalega' or 'Hota hai yaar' attitude especially when its a question of law as well. My word out is 'If its the law of the land, Live by it, No exceptions whatsoever!' We had four cases registered in our state for dishonouring the National Flag on the Independence day this year. And it was only an unintentional mistake in the way the flag was hoisted that amounted to the criminal charge.
I understand what law is and often it is not supported by many because people are not comfortable with it and that is the reason people crib about it.

Now regarding this thread, what I understood is about the love for the country as per the originator. He did not ask for the discussion on law and order.

And my friend, I also do not support causal approach or does not carry "challega" attitude.

My humble request here would be to see it as an opportunity to show your affection (DO NOT BREAK LAW) for the country we are living and do not make unnecessary fuse around it.

Open for further discussion(s) [cheers]

I understand what law is and often it is not supported by many because people are not comfortable with it and that is the reason people crib about it.

Now regarding this thread, what I understood is about the love for the country as per the originator. He did not ask for the discussion on law and order.

And my friend, I also do not support causal approach or does not carry "challega" attitude.

My humble request here would be to see it as an opportunity to show your affection (DO NOT BREAK LAW) for the country we are living and do not make unnecessary fuse around it.

Open for further discussion(s) [cheers]
Laws are there for a reason and it does not matter whether people like it or not. Ignorance or the fact that majority or minority dont subscribe with a law is not an excuse or reason enough for being acquitted on charge. Its no petty offence as well and is a grave one here. If the Flag Code says its a misuse, then it very well is. Doesn't matter what a few people think or crib about.

See we are India and we have certain traditions and beliefs and the Flag Code of India is based largely upon that. For instance its acceptable in many countries for a woman to wear a skimpy outfit in the colours of their National flag. But here we dont buy that.

If I need to show affection or patriotism to my country, I very well do it by honouring the Constitution and living by the Laws, Acts and Rules(At times fighting for it) without causing any sort of hurt to a fellow citizen. And I dont agree with the title of the thread as well, cause its an act against the Flag Code. Imagine if someone gets the national emblem on the hood of his car, stating its out love for the country. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Emblem_of_India.svg

This simply is not right and there is nothing more for me to discuss on the issue.

Last edited:

Yes the thread starter did not ask for any discussion on law and order and maybe he doesn't want to discuss on the issue, But being a legal practitioner, I just can't sit back and remain silent as many folks can get the wrong impressions and go repeat the same thing and then get into trouble.

Laws are there for a reason and it does not matter whether people like it or not. Ignorance or the fact that majority or minority dont subscribe with a law is not an excuse or reason enough for being acquitted on charge. Its no petty offence as well and is a grave one here. If the Flag Code says its a misuse, then it very well is. Doesn't matter what a few people think or crib about.

See we are India and we have certain traditions and beliefs and the Flag Code of India is based largely upon that. For instance its acceptable in many countries for a woman to wear a skimpy outfit in the colours of their National flag. But here we dont buy that.

If I need to show affection or patriotism to my country, I very well do it by honouring the Constitution and living by the Laws, Acts and Rules(At times fighting for it) without causing any sort of hurt to a fellow citizen. And I dont agree with the title of the thread as well, cause its an act against the Flag Code. Imagine if someone gets the national emblem on the hood of his car, stating its out love for the country. File:Emblem of India.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This simply is not right and there is nothing more for me to discuss on the issue.
See Jalex, I feel that you are dragging the issue and it is nothing to do with you being a legal practitioner or not. If you are doing it. It is good for you and I am sure people would seek your advice on certain topics. [thumbsup]

As far as skimpy outfits and painting body with their National Flag or emblem, I am no one to comment on that. It is again their choice and I am not advocating that idea but there is always a scope of improvement in anything. If our law does not support but other countries are following a different trend then there is no harm in making amendments in our law after considering ALL PROS & CONS. (again I would say that I am not advocating that idea.) It is just a thought and we can definitely discuss on that.

I remember earlier we cannot hoist a flag on our residence but after Mr. Naveen Jindal's case (if I am not wrong) Indian citizens are allowed hoist Indian flag on their residence or individual buildings.

Yes the thread starter did not ask for any discussion on law and order and maybe he doesn't want to discuss on the issue, But being a legal practitioner, I just can't sit back and remain silent as many folks can get the wrong impressions and go repeat the same thing and then get into trouble.
Yes, you are absolutely right here (according to me).

But like you think that it is your right and you felt that you should let people know what is wrong and what is right. Similarly, he started a thread and posted a picture of a Ferrari with an Indian flag painted on it. So chill, because he is neither promoting nor asking anyone to do that.

I am no one to advise you what you should be doing as you are a mature person but I would definitely appreciate if we think that it is our moral responsibility to correct anyone till he asks for. So let the people ask whether it is legal or not [cheers].
Note: Please forgive me for being harsh (if you think) as nothing of that sort intended.

Last edited:

See Jalex, I feel that you are dragging the issue and it is nothing to do with you being a legal practitioner or not. If you are doing it. It is good for you and I am sure people would seek your advice on certain topics. [thumbsup]

As far as skimpy outfits and painting body with their National Flag or emblem, I am no one to comment on that. It is again their choice and I am not advocating that idea but there is always a scope of improvement in anything. If our law does not support but other countries are following a different trend then there is no harm in making amendments in our law after considering ALL PROS & CONS. (again I would say that I am not advocating that idea.) It is just a thought and we can definitely discuss on that.

I remember earlier we cannot hoist a flag on our residence but after Mr. Naveen Jindal's case (if I am not wrong) Indian citizens are allowed hoist Indian flag on their residence or individual buildings.

Yes, you are absolutely right here (according to me).

But like you think that it is your right and you felt that you should let people know what is wrong and what is right. Similarly, he started a thread and posted a picture of a Ferrari with an Indian flag painted on it. So chill, because he is neither promoting nor asking anyone to do that.

I am no one to advise you what you should be doing as you are a mature person but I would definitely appreciate if we think that it is our moral responsibility to correct anyone till he asks for. So let the people ask whether it is legal or not [cheers].
I've already made my point here and I am not dragging anything or anyone. You can see what I mean if you take a look at the posts I've made from the day I joined in here.

And I dont think you are harsh either

Last edited:

Pure love for the country - Must See this
I've already made my point here and I am not dragging anything or anyone. You can see what I mean if you take a look at the posts I've made from the day I joined in here.

And I dont think you are harsh either
The title and the contend was bit misleading and arose a discomfort in me that is why I posted bit of off topic comments.
Patriotism has its own charm , I have stood wondering how a loyal Indian citizen becomes a billionaire being patriotic at heart , it is very much contradictory.
It sounds like religious saints who have renounced everything but have billions of followers,property and roam in Rollce royce.

The title and the contend was bit misleading and arose a discomfort in me that is why I posted bit of off topic comments.
Patriotism has its own charm , I have stood wondering how a loyal Indian citizen becomes a billionaire being patriotic at heart , it is very much contradictory.
It sounds like religious saints who have renounced everything but have billions of followers,property and roam in Rollce royce.
Pardon me for my limited knowledge but sincerely, I do not have any clue what you are referring too [confused]. Please elaborate or be specific.

Thread Starter #28

To be honest , I didn't know about the dimensions and the legal requirements of the flag.

I named it Pure love for the country as a crank head view.
I myself had a Skyline and wouldn't even let any one touch/scratch it . I don't even like Vinyls on it. So putting something like this is I WOULD NEVER DO, NO matter what.

If your a car enthusiast and you dare to put something like that on your car it simply points that you Respect that ( country flag in this case) above of all.

But I think this car is de-badged you can see GTO - India tag in there and Indian Flag colors on it too.

I am just being optimistic at this at the moment

Pardon me for my limited knowledge but sincerely, I do not have any clue what you are referring too [confused]. Please elaborate or be specific.
codename47 has answered it very well. " Pure love for the country" that part was bit of discriminating. "must see this " was more than enough in the title.
now cheers, let us leave it and talk about engines,tires,ASS,bhp etc.

Flag Code of India,2002​

1.4 The standard sizes of the National Flag shall be as follows:—
Flag Size No. Dimensions in mm
1 6300 x 4200
2 3600 x 2400
3 2700 x 1800
4 1800 x 1200
5 1350 x 900
6 900 x 600
7 450 x 300
8 225 x 150
9 150 x 100

3.23 The Flag shall not be draped over the hood, top, sides or back of a vehicle, train or boat.
Jalex thanks for the info.

Top Bottom