Purchasing New Volkswagen Polo 1.2 2012 Refresh Model

I hear from a person that vw is about to launch 1.6 with auto around diwali, is it true ?
Yeah, there were a few speculations but nothing is confirmed. I donno why would they release 1.6 AT, after debacle of 1.6 MT, as the AT would have even lesser fuel efficiency than the MT one.

Are you looking for auto transmission?

Yeah, there were a few speculations but nothing is confirmed. I donno why would they release 1.6 AT, after debacle of 1.6 MT, as the AT would have even lesser fuel efficiency than the MT one.

Are you looking for auto transmission?
Hi mate[:)]
I'm interested in 1.6 engine.
would you believe newly facelift polo 1.2 which is just launched its avaiable for 5.8 Lakh OTR - I don't know why VW is doing to a car which they have already reduced the price from 7 lakh to 6.4Lakh(with added features.) now on that they also give 60k discount.

Seems like vw is clearing their stock, maybe something better coming very soon [confused]

Hi mate[:)]
I'm interested in 1.6 engine.
would you believe newly facelift polo 1.2 which is just launched its avaiable for 5.8 Lakh OTR - I don't know why VW is doing to a car which they have already reduced the price from 7 lakh to 6.4Lakh(with added features.) now on that they also give 60k discount.

Seems like vw is clearing their stock, maybe something better coming very soon [confused]
the 1.6 polo sounds too good, but I don't know if this model will be launched very soon. You may ask your nearest dealer about it, but I don't think even he would have proper info on it.
I am not sure whether polo 1.6 Automatic would be fun to drive, but still if you can wait then you should wait till end of this year and begin test drives.

As far as clearing of stocks is concerned, you will not get the earlier model if dealer tells you that you will be getting refreshed model, simple. So you should not be worried about the earlier stocks.

@Rightnow

You have must heard by now the VW Polo 1.2 TSI is being tested for India Roads. so clearing of MY12 and heavy discounts on MY13 definitely must be VWI's sales startegy.

I was lucky like few others"

- Booked my Car (VW Polo 1.2 MPI CL) on 21st Aug'12 (The offers were upto 40k)

- Went on to almost cancel my booking coz VW Goa wouldn't even give 1 rupee discount in Sep'12. I had planned to cancel and instantly book I20

- When i got to VW Goa, the SC asks me "Sir, VW new new set of discounts for you. worth 60k". To which i responded upgrading to HL and they acknowledged promptly without agreed delivery date of 24th Oct (I gave them enough time, i suppose)

- And, i am getting it delivered on 24th.

Regards, Abhishek

Last edited by a moderator:
I booked Polo CL petrol (MY13 model) on 26th of Oct and the OTR is

5.55 lakhs + Mats +Mud guards + free insurance

Ex show room price- 5,48,000.

I booked Polo CL petrol (MY13 model) on 26th of Oct and the OTR is
5.55 lakhs + Mats +Mud guards + free insurance
Ex show room price- 5,48,000.
Ohh that's great. Congrats.
Seems like you have got good discounts, can you post details of what sort of discounts you managed to get.

Which color?

Thanks buddy for the wishes.

Actually I was talking with 3 different dealers and had some idea about the max discount I can get. I set the figure 5.50 K and two of them stops at 5.55k.

The cash discount includes free insurance. Above this I got fabric mats and mud guards.

Silver color. One of the primary reason to purchase comfortline.

Will surely post the pics of German beauty possibly by weekend.

Silver color. One of the primary reason to purchase comfortline.

Will surely post the pics of German beauty possibly by weekend.
Cool. Are you getting your polo delivered this weekend? Has the dealer provided you the VIN/chassis number?

Already delivered on 29th October. Mistakenly I mentioned the booking date as 26th, actually it is 22th Oct.

I checked the VIN number also, Manufacturing month & year is Sept 2012.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #43
Hey Guys,

Been away really a long time. Well you see, i got delivery of my Polo on 22nd Last Month and been enjoying life with it. The car is just AWESOME [:D]. With all the fun i'm having in my car, my laptop crashed [anger]. I will surely post pics of it soon and provide my review it as soon as i get my lappy repaired.

Wow saw a BLACK POLO after a long time

Congrats and please drive safe always

BTW Brasil is a VW & FIAT country,,, OMG so may FIAT & VW models i have never ever seen in Europe as well

Good choice,, Highly European characters the POLO comes with

ohh and the SOLID THUD of the dooors is music to the auto enthusiast ears

[;)]

Top Bottom