Punto-->>Vista-->>Swift-->> Which is best diesel hatch

Which is the best diesel hatch between cars listed below

• Total voters
Raj_5004

Agree with all your views on Punto except the styling.
Looks are subjective though (even as Linea and Punto looks almost similar, there is a subtle difference and that makes all the difference. While linea is beautiful, Punto does not look so - Infact Punto reminds me of a frog)
[confused]

I think, many people, including me, have bought the punto primarily because of it's superb italian styling!

and unlike manza/vista, dszire/swift, etios/liva, punto & Linea looks very much different.

Vista ride quality is good and better than many of the famed counter parts.
yes, as i said - low speed ride is good but high speed ride was unnerving IMO.

TATA after sales service is not that bad as it is projected.
Ask me! I have suffered enough. Even now, the only irritant in my Punto ownership is TATA's A.S.S.

I cancelled Jazz Select and booked Punto Emotion 1.3.

Color - Bossa Nova White
Expected delivery - 6 Oct 2011
Final OTR - 6.15 lakh
Freebies - only Floor mats and mud flaps.
Hello JazzSelect,
Many congratulations on the booking!
I am also about to book Punto Emotion 1.3 at Pandit.
Just wondering how the OTR is coming to 6.15 for you.
I have been quoted this:
6.65 (original OTR) - 10K (gift cheque) - 15K(exchange bonus) - 17K(insurance) = 6.23
Did you get any additional discount?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
^^ Pandit quoted me 6.38 lakh (in my case no exchange bonus). But i booked it from my native place 'Satara' where ex-showroom price is less. I'll share breakup later.

[confused]

I think, many people, including me, have bought the punto primarily because of it's superb italian styling!

and unlike manza/vista, dszire/swift, etios/liva, punto & Linea looks very much different.

yes, as i said - low speed ride is good but high speed ride was unnerving IMO.

Ask me! I have suffered enough. Even now, the only irritant in my Punto ownership is TATA's A.S.S.
I can not speak for any body else but my experience with Tata A.S.S. has been awesome, touch wood. [:)]
As far as VISTA goes, being a V2 customer I can vouch that VISTA is a total different animal, i remember back in sep 2008 i and my friend SANDEEP who runs Don Bosco School in my town(Hazaribag) and also owns 2002 Indica DLX went to test Drive then launched VISTA and both of us were blown away, the engine was awesome, the car felt sturdy, the suspension was awesome and the headlights were amazing. He had driven Swift vdi a fortnight ago and after driving Vista he was absolutely stunned and immediately ordered a VISTA FOR his family,even 3yrs later he is immensly satisfied with the car and with TASS ,and now that he is looking for a SUV i have recommended him to go for ARIA.As far as i am concerned GOD provide me 16 lac rupees and you folks will have 2nd TATA aria OF THIS FORUM ASAP . [clap]

I can not speak for any body else but my experience with Tata A.S.S. has been awesome, touch wood. [:)]
As far as VISTA goes, being a V2 customer I can vouch that VISTA is a total different animal, i remember back in sep 2008 i and my friend SANDEEP who runs Don Bosco School in my town(Hazaribag) and also owns 2002 Indica DLX went to test Drive then launched VISTA and both of us were blown away, the engine was awesome, the car felt sturdy, the suspension was awesome and the headlights were amazing. He had driven Swift vdi a fortnight ago and after driving Vista he was absolutely stunned and immediately ordered a VISTA FOR his family,even 3yrs later he is immensly satisfied with the car and with TASS ,and now that he is looking for a SUV i have recommended him to go for ARIA.As far as i am concerned GOD provide me 16 lac rupees and you folks will have 2nd TATA aria OF THIS FORUM ASAP . [clap]
@ Xover, you need not wait for God, have faith in God and one day you will get what you desired!

Thread Starter #51
Thanks all for sharing your experiences and thoughts. I am going for a long TD of Vista and indigo ecs this or next weekend.

At the first glance I observed,
1. The clutch is very near the console. Wasn't comfortable with clutch position in vista.
2. In indigo ecs, the pickup is more than vista initially, and felt more drivable in city

Driving position
Both have height adjustment. Was able to find correct driving position in both

Fit n Finish
Vista is better in terms of dashboard, indigo ecs has very basic plasticky dashboard.

Rest after the long test drive.

Thanks all for sharing your experiences and thoughts. I am going for a long TD of Vista and indigo ecs this or next weekend.

At the first glance I observed,
1. The clutch is very near the console. Wasn't comfortable with clutch position in vista.
2. In indigo ecs, the pickup is more than vista initially, and felt more drivable in city

Driving position
Both have height adjustment. Was able to find correct driving position in both

Fit n Finish
Vista is better in terms of dashboard, indigo ecs has very basic plasticky dashboard.

Rest after the long test drive.
hi amiti, you got it correct, yes the pedal positions in Vista are not ergonomically designed.

If I would have to change one thing about Vista, I will change the pedal positions!
But it is not a deal breaker point though, Once you get used to it, you can manage it.

One of my relative has got Indigo ecs- CR4 recently, will ask him about his experience, He aslo works with Tata Motors[;)]

Top Bottom