Punto Red Emotion MJD - 2 Years of Ownership

Re: Punto Red Emotion MJD - 1 Year Completed (Pg.14)

Had few minor accidents, front bumper need replacement, even the bonnet needs to dented/pented.
Claimed insurance, given vehicle to Concorde today.

Total estimate is 8-9K. Time estimate is 5 days. I requested to make it bit early, so let us see when they can deliver.
And yes the bumper was available.
How did it happen? I hope the injuries to the car are confined to body and no technical replacements need to be done.

Thread Starter #242

All are minor. The front bumper is damaged from quite few months. Bike hit in heavy traffic. And then recently it hit a mini truck, but all are below 10KMPH speed.

I was thinking not to use and pay for bumper (and enjoy No claim bonus), but with bonnet needed some denting/painting, I thought better to use insurance and keep car in normal condition.

350Z

Core Team

Keeping the car intact in jam-packed cities is next to impossible. I think the damage on bumper would be bigger, that's why the complete replacement is needed.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #244

Its not replacement, but small dent is there, and of course painting.

Sad to hear yet another Punter suffering from an accident. Even i don't like having any dents anywhere in the car. So the whole amount is covered under insurance?

Thread Starter #246

Dhaya, nothing like accident, its just touched the bike and other vehicle.

Bonner painting will be covered fully, bumper its plastic so I need to pay some amount.

Well okay so i guess you slightly brushed your Bonnet against another vehicle good enough to cause the dent.

Hope you get back your car soon.

I have bought White Punto Emotion last month and thinking to get the Music System changed as it has Delphi System and doesn't have the option to add USB and AUX. As I do not want to go with the FM Transmitter planning to go for the change of System and Speakers.

Can any one advise as I am looking for a DVD Player with Bluetooth capability.

Thread Starter #249

I got my car back yesterday, yes they did took 4 days.
But the work done was very good. Painting quality looks good.

It costed total ~9K.
Since the scratched were at 2 different times, insurance guy was ready to approval for only one (he is correct). I am still talking with him.[:)]

I have bought White Punto Emotion last month and thinking to get the Music System changed as it has Delphi System and doesn't have the option to add USB and AUX. As I do not want to go with the FM Transmitter planning to go for the change of System and Speakers.

Congratulation Kalyan.
You should have gone for E+, for USB and Bluetooth (Blue&Me).

Anyway, yes in new systems (Delphi or Bosch) AUX-IN option is not present.
I am not much to ICE, so request to go through below threads, some experts will advise you better.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/car-entertainment/3748-fiat-grande-punto-iced-up.html
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/car-entertainment/3318-my-punto-90-hp-iced.html

Are you looking for a 2-DIN player or a single DIN? And what is your budget? Mods i think a separate thread can be created for this.

@ RSM Good to know that your car is back in shape. Yes i think it will be difficult to convince him to cover both the damages. Atleast ask him to cover the damage which costs more![;)]

Thread Starter #251

@ RSM Good to know that your car is back in shape. Yes i think it will be difficult to convince him to cover both the damages. Atleast ask him to cover the damage which costs more![;)]
Actually my 2nd year is about to complete in less than 1 month, so calculating to see if I should claim it or use No claim bonus.

And yes the car is shining now.

Thread Starter #253

My Punto completed 2 years, yesterday.

Birthday gift for her -
Pillow (Punto). Cost - Rs. 517 (+Tax)
Also door sill, normal Punto - Cost - Rs 361 (Tax)

IMG00009-20110820-1157.jpg

Last edited:

Congratulations RSM , hope you are enjoying your Italian beauty!

Some pictures would do justice to this thread , its been a long while since we saw your car!

Top Bottom