PUNTO OEM Horn Replaced!!

Thread Starter #1
Hi DIY guys,

I like DIY things since my teenage years. I use to DIY on my cycle, then my RX135 which was modified within a week the bike was brought. Starting from replacing OEM Headlights, handle bar, indicators, horn & also adding flash lights in Headlight & under the fuel tank. You know all these parts were brought 2 months before i got my bike. now no DIY on my bike as i have got a new Machine to continue That's Grande Punto.....

As this was new car not some many DIY things was allowed(parents were aware of my curiosity about modify) i was warned about this before getting the car.[frustration]

Coming to DIY as of now nothing more, have installed a FIN(Shark Tail), De-badging has been done. Guys after i removed the Punto & Emotion badge the cars rear end looks Gorgeous, can clearly see the curvyness of the hatchdoor.

And coming to Topic, i did get some help from FIATFORUM.com(italy) to how to remove the front top grill & found it's very simple. The grill has 10 plastic locks(5 on top/5 on bottom) just put in the fingers on each corner & give a hard pull. the corners come out first.

Only difference i found was that on INDIAN PUNTO the front fiat Badge will be fixed to a small holder inside the bumper. this is where we have to be carefull because without knowing this we might endup breaking the grill.

Some how i did put my hands from the half opened side(very tough for builtup hands) removed the grill & Installed ROOTS wind tone(Rs.400/have the same one on my bike) no relay required as OEM was 2no.s no modifications required, just plug & play.

TASS people quoted Rs.500/-(with tax)[evil] as labour charges to do this

I dont have pics to post, will be doing ASAP for PUNTO guys of TAI...... [thumbsup]

Er Roots wind tone is something similar to Skoda horn?:stupid:

Can you post a picture of your debadged Punto? I have never seen one till now!

AMG

Suspended
This is supposed to be in the original thread you started.
Mods: move thread

Thread Starter #6
Er Roots wind tone is something similar to Skoda horn?:stupid:

Yes sounds similar

Can you post a picture of your debadged Punto? I have never seen one till now!
Sure i will post but have to wait till weekend. Weekdays no time for pics, i leave home in the morning @ 9 again reach home @ 9....then[sleep]

Its may sound silly but:
Is this the same horn which Skodas have?? I mean the same sound quality?? I am asking this because one of my friend fitted a so-called Skoda horn, but the sound is very harsh type...I mean the horn is strong like the truckwallas have(eg: if you have watched the movie, Tarzan the wonder car, type horn!!) So, is this horn's sound soft and soothing like the original skodas one?

Top Bottom