Pumba: Red Harley Davidson Street 750 Ownership Review

See Now that you have experienced that itch, the back pain the sore and the stretching of hands will vanish after 4-5 long rides, its just that your body isn't accustomed to long rides.

however there are jelly seat pads you get in the market which you can use over your stock seat, as changing a seat costs a fortune for Harley owners.

regarding your hands stretch. your hands should always be making a L shape then your arms or shoulders wouldnt hurt much.

one of the reason the arm pains is most of the riders keeps thier hands stretched straight as an I that causes pain when there is a depression on the road, it tends to ache the cervical, shoulder as well as elbow joints.

hope you have more fun in your coming rides.

Ride Hard, Ride Safe.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #62
I always had the itch, was just on hibernation form the past 2-3 years.

As of now thinking of just modifying the seat to add a couple of inches of foam and re upholster it instead of paying the Harley tax or an aftermarket seat.

yeah that sounds better!! Also every month do a 200km to and fro ride and once in 3 months try and have a long ride which is around 400-500 kms to and fro, this ways you will increase your endurance on the saddle.

Thread Starter #64
yeah that sounds better!! Also every month do a 200km to and fro ride and once in 3 months try and have a long ride which is around 400-500 kms to and fro, this ways you will increase your endurance on the saddle.
man, rides like 400-500kms for married man are considered gayab ho jana. but hoepfully in a couple of years I might be able to do that with my wife.

Last edited:
even i'm married bro have a kid 5 years old. attempted saddle sore on 15th morning finished it on 16th morning 1630 kms in 24 hours. if you keep practicing you can achieve anything. i know at times it seems hard but then try your luck it might be in your favour[;)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #66
even i'm married bro have a kid 5 years old. attempted saddle sore on 15th morning finished it on 16th morning 1630 kms in 24 hours. if you keep practicing you can achieve anything. i know at times it seems hard but then try your luck it might be in your favour[;)]
well then lets just I am at a position where you were 5 and a hlaf years back. so wife cant ride.

its not about my limitations I used to do 600kms ride before as well. Had done Hyd-pun-hyd and some more rides on an FZ16.

Thread Starter #68
Apologied for the delayed update, the thing is there is not much to update, not going on any rides for now, its just my daily commute to office,

The motorcycle is doing great however, spoiled by the Michelins in my FZ I have decided to change the front tyre of Pumba as well to the Michelin Pilot Street for better grip.

Have got the tyre will be changing it in a couple of days.

Have also ordered an MRF Vyde 170 Section for the rear, it is supposed to be a softer compound than the stock zappers and is wider by 20mm. Will have to take the motorcycle to the service center for that so will get that changed during the second service which is due shortly.

Also thinking of putting white paint on the side wall of the tyres. Any idea how it might look?

Thinking of getting the Saree guard removed too and use it for barbeque parties at home.

woow saree guard to barbecue what an awesome transformation it will be.

Regarding the white paint on side walls of tyres i would say stay away from it as it would look good for a heritage soft tails or a roadking but not on street 750, thats my take on it but you know looks are personal. so i would just say try to do a photoshop on the pic of the bike. see how it looks if its suits your style then go ahead.

Thread Starter #70
Hello All,

So the Pune dealer of Harley, 2 Rivers, organised a new event called the "Passport to Freedom" in their dealership.

The event was basically a seminar with snacks and cold drinks.

Sandeep Goswami aka the Old Fox a well known figure in the riding community of India was the speaker for the event. He talked about the following things

1. Braking in a motorcycle
2. things to do in sudden cases
3. Use and the need of ABS in bigger bikes
4. the need for honing the skills as a rider
5. Counter steering
6. Effect of wind
7. Riding in the heat, misconception of Mesh riding gear.
8. Safety Perception

there was an informal chat with him in between the session where we discussed why Harley is not giving ABS in the lower models, which is the best motorcycle from the Harley as a company and why is it not actually marketed by them :P

It was a really good and informative session. I just hope Harley keeps on organizing such sessions.

IMG-20160516-WA0003.jpg

Thread Starter #72
penning down however and whatever I remember,

Motorcycling does not care about your past records, a person can go down on the 31st turn after taking the previous 30 turns perfectly.

The contact patches which are our connection to this world while on a motorcycle are quite small, infact he had cut outs showing the actual contact patch which will be there in a big harley, the front patch was the size of cross section of an egg cut along the vertical axis and the rear is slightly bigger than the front same shape. So whenever you think of speeding always think that will those patches be enough to keep you connected to this world.

While heavy braking always use both the brakes, people talk about the percentages like 70-30 with 70 in the front or 60-40 but in a real life situation those percentages go down the gutter, so one needs to practice a lot, but one thing was sure front brakes are much more effective than the rear ones and one should use the rear majorly for stabilising the vehicle. and the front is more effective because of weight transfer of the motorcycle on the front tyre.

always keep only two fingers on the front brake any more than that and you might end up in the dust under panic braking.

while braking always try to keep your motorcycle as upright as possible. try and never brake while in a turn or while going over the speed breakers, brake before them and shed as much speed as needed.

in case of sudden appearance of a speed breaker go over it and keep the handle straight with a light pressure on the handle. do not try to grab the handle tightly, as the motorcycle will correct itself for any deviation from the vertical position.

in case of sudden appearance of other things like a car, dog, pedestrian etc, always try to brake and try to stop instead of swerving as swerving is a 3 step manoeuvre which might end up in the oncoming lane.

at high speeds tunneling effect comes into picture wherein the peripheral vision goes away almost completely.

keep changing your focus while on the road and do not fixate on any one single point.

technically the rider is riding blind when the eyes are trying to focus from the instrument panel to the horizon, so if a person is moving at a speed of 100kmph he is travelling 90 feet/sec and if it takes a second for hte eye to fcous the rider is blind for 90 feet.

Never outspeed your field of vision, and during the night never outspeed your headlights.

remain hydrated while in the heat, signs of dehydrations are colour of urine, excessive sweating, salt patchs on clothes and in case where you are not feeling any sweat stop immediately and cool down.

Mesh riding gears are worse than vented leather or textile in excess heat as it helps the air to remove the moisture from the skin.

Brake fading happens when the brakes are over heated, normally while going downhill for a long time with brakes engaged. in cases where one needs to go downhill for a long time one should use engine braking rather than brakes.

Never ride in the blind spot of other vehicles, and always overtake in as less time as possible.

ABS although an important aid is not a necessity if one can practice braking techniques.

ABS also distorts the safety perception of the rider making him think that the motorcycle will stop in any given situation perfectly, which in turn might create a more rash riding style, same goes for safety gear. so if one needs to be aware of the limitations of electronic aids and safety gear.

Effect of cross winds, when there is a heavy cross wind flowing the motorcycle automatically steers into it as per design to compensate for the effect of wind, but when the same motorcycle tries to overtake a bigger vehicle which completely cuts off the cross wind it might get dangerous as the motorcycle might end up hitting the other vehicle as it would have lost the balancing effect of the wind. same in vice versa when the overtaking step is complete.

Dont remember other points for now.

in the informal chat we discussed about V Rod, technically the most advanced motorcycle from the Harley stable and since Harleys sell because of their classic or vintage or old school design principals the company is not vey much interested in marketing the same.

penning down however and whatever I remember,

Motorcycling does not care about your past records, a person can go down on the 31st turn after taking the previous 30 turns perfectly.

The contact patches which are our connection to this world while on a motorcycle are quite small, infact he had cut outs showing the actual contact patch whi..........ch will be there ....................the front is more effective because of weight transfer of the motorcycle on the front tyre.

always keep only two fingers on the front brake an.........

while braking always try to keep your motorcycle as upright as possible. try and never brake while in a turn or while going over the speed breakers, brake before them and shed as much speed as needed.

in case of sudden appearance of a speed breaker go over it and keep the handle straight with a light pressure on the handle. do not try to grab the handle tightly, as the motorcycle will correct itself for any deviation from the vertical position.

in case of sudden appearance of other things like a car, dog, pedestrian etc, always try to brake and try to stop instead of swerving as swerving is a 3 step manoeuvre which might end up in the oncoming lane.

at high speeds tunneling effect comes into picture wherein the peripheral vision goes away almost completely.

keep changing your focus while on the road and do not fixate on any one single point.

technically the rider is riding blind when the eyes are trying to focus from the instrument panel to the horizon, so if a person is moving at a speed of 100kmph he is travelling 90 feet/sec and if it takes a second for hte eye to fcous the rider is blind for 90 feet.

Never outspeed your field of vision, and during the night never outspeed your headlights.
.....e same.
Brilliant post!
I am happy that you have immense sense of responsibility while riding the big horse motor bike, unlike many posers we get to see in general. Also appreaciate the honest things you mentioned on the post - back pain, stretching hands etc.

I am sure many bikers would have no clue about the points highlighted in bold. Your post will be an eye opener for them [;)]

Here in Bangalore, Harley arranges for meets & invites all customers. Once in a quarter they have a short - 200/300km drive and camping etc Long back I had been to their showroom for an interview and got to know a lot about them. The chrome accessories they had, was seriosuly impressive and no signs of any type of cost cutting at all. Truly Premium feel.

Last edited:

Top Bottom