Pumba: Red Harley Davidson Street 750 Ownership Review

Thread Starter #16
Hey Kinshuk, I saw the thread at work in TIP and since then been itching to congratulate you, but the rats (you know that story) kept me busy.
Hearty Congratulations, a very wise choice, i went in to look at the HD showroom at Amanora too couple of months back, still itching [:D]

Wish you many many safe miles, is this the updated one with better brakes ? If not have them updated, Harley is offering it to existing owners i believe.

the pictures don't do justice, we need every square mm of it. Also let me know how the GC fares on Pune roads.
Thanks IR, btw were you able to sovle the problems caused by the rats?

the complete photoshoot will take sometime as parents are visiting.

I got the one with the upgraded brakes and a new positioned fuel pump.

GC is quite good for at least my weight. Havent scrapped the bottom yet, so I can say its better than the Hondas and the Hyundais.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #17
Hello All,

The low fuel warning came up over the weekend. the light was behaving a bit weird by turning on and off sometimes, I figure that is because of the flow of the petrol inside the tank.

Pumba got a refill with Shell Normal tank full, took in around 10.2 liters for 195kms giving a mileage of around 19.5kmpl, mind you the motorcycle was run in bumper to bumper traffic for the entire ODO till now.

Also got some discount coupons from Harley for Harley merchandise and accessories, ranges from 15% on merchandise to 40% discount on detailing services. The coupons are valid till 29th of November, anyone in Pune who would like to redeem them can pm me.

Regards,
Kinshuk

Thread Starter #18
Hello All,

The first mod is home now. Its a simple 3m paint protection film. Will try to apply it on Saturday.
Need it because already there are a couple of hairline scratches on the tank because of bags.

Regards,
Kinshuk

Thread Starter #19
so the experiment to apply 3m ppf on the petrol tank has failed miserably, the issue came because of the curve of the tank.

Any other ideas to save the tank from minor scratches?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #21
I am having a slight oil leak problem.The oil is leaking from the part where the gear shifter is attached to the crankcase. pardon my noobness but I am not sure what it is called.

The flow is not much, a couple of drops at max overnight.

Taking to the center over the weekend. Can anybody confirm if this will be covered in warranty or not?

Congrats on your new Screaming eagle,How about that [;)] ?

Well any other accessories on the list ?

Well sad that the oil leak issue creaked in so early. Yes you could ask for a free fix of the problem and will even get the gaskets's changed under warranty which is causing the leak.

Kudos, Ride safe[:)]

Ahh nice to see the smiling faces. The pics do convey the excitement of buying something one aspires!

Did you try the ppf film application yourself or at 3m outlet? Maybe you can just have the film cut & applied to the top half of the tank only.

Any plans of having the tank custom painted??

Thread Starter #24
Congrats on your new Screaming eagle,How about that [;)] ?

Well any other accessories on the list ?

Well sad that the oil leak issue creaked in so early. Yes you could ask for a free fix of the problem and will even get the gaskets's changed under warranty which is causing the leak.

Kudos, Ride safe[:)]
Thanks Vishnu, havent got the Screaming Eagle yet. However do feel the need sometimes when one pay attention to the sound coming out of the exhaust but other than that not needed.

For accessories I am planning to have the following things as soon as the budget allows

1. Michelin Pilot Street 110 for front
2. Backrest
3. MRF Zapper Vyde 170 for rear (No other option available in India as of now)
4. may be exhaust upgrade to TBR and or some custom paint on the tank

according to some other users its just a simple oil seal somewhere in the crankcase or the gearbox and it will be changed under warranty.

Ahh nice to see the smiling faces. The pics do convey the excitement of buying something one aspires!

Did you try the ppf film application yourself or at 3m outlet? Maybe you can just have the film cut & applied to the top half of the tank only.

Any plans of having the tank custom painted??
Thanks Prads, I tried it myself, I did think of applying the film only on the top half but that way it looks real weird, so dropped the idea for now, will get the tank touched up every couple of years or will try for some racing strips.

As of now no plans to get the tank custom painted, budget constraints plus lack of time.

Thanks Prads, I tried it myself, I did think of applying the film only on the top half but that way it looks real weird, so dropped the idea for now, will get the tank touched up every couple of years or will try for some racing strips.

As of now no plans to get the tank custom painted, budget constraints plus lack of time.
Well you can try getting the PPF work done from a professional at a 3M center, And i heard somewhere custom paint work for tank costs around 35k,i was watching an Auto show on TV & was blown away by the work. Especially seeing such work done in India was something that amazed me. https://www.facebook.com/EIMORCustomsIND/info/?tab=overview

har1.jpg har2.jpg
har3.jpg har4.jpg

Thread Starter #26
I will have a try at the 3m center as well. but if the custom paint costs 35k, then I am out of it. dont have the budget for it.

Heartiest congratulations on your new acquisition kinshuk and wishing you happy riding.
How far the accessory list have gone till now?
Safety gears always put on before riding this machine.
Enjoy[thumbsup]

Thread Starter #28
Heartiest congratulations on your new acquisition kinshuk and wishing you happy riding.
How far the accessory list have gone till now?
Safety gears always put on before riding this machine.
Enjoy[thumbsup]
Hello Vijay, thank you for the wishes.

No acc for now just an engine guard.

Safety Gears are on all the time even with my Yamaha FZ16.

Thread Starter #29
Hello All,

My observations post one moth of riding.

Street is one of the most vesatile cruisers available from Harley but my past one month of experience says that the motorcycle requires considerable upgrades if it is to undertake anything longer than 60-70km of journey. The foremost of them are

1. A better seat, and let me tell you I didnt like the seats on offer from Harley whether the Stock or the Tall boy. so as of now the only good seat available in India is the one from Sandeep Dahiya of Aeedeea from Bangalore
2. Better Headlights, again the Daymakers from Harley although good are not worth 32000Rs. I would rather install a pair of Hella Auxilliary lamps for 7-8k for long distance touring in the night
3. A windshield if one is planning to speed up north of 80kmph, but then again anything north of 80kmp on a motorcycle becomes quite risky and worth on a motorcycle. Also some vibrations starts to creep in as soon as you go near 100kmph.
4. Much better tyres than the MRF zappers, the rear one fishtails even with slight water on the road and if you are braking at the same time. the best options available without importing in India as of now are Michelin Pilot Street and Pirelli Sports Demon for the front and MRF Vyde 170 section for the rear.
5. A good backrest and as per norm the one from Harley is again not worth at close to 3000Rs.

the others will include

1, Hazard switch
2. luggage mounts
3. steel braided brake lines
4. A mobile Phone charger (which apparently is a standard feature on some of the scooters)
5. bigger fuel tank (stock one can hold fuel only for 200kms)

Kinshuk

Thread Starter #30
Got the motorcycle back from the first service.

total cost 6070, this included 2200+ for the oil, 2500 for the first service some taxes, consumables at 500 and an o ring and a seal aty 35 each.

Also got the Oil leakage fixed, according to them the issue was because of the o ring in the Neutral gear shaft.

Pumbaa also completed 500kms today.

WP_20151207_003.jpg

Top Bottom