Project Fiat Palio MJD 1.3: Giving Another Life

It looks cool. Any rattles or sounds when moving?Is there any part in between the dash and panel near to gear lever?

BTW where is left side Ac went?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #35
It looks cool. Any rattles or sounds when moving?Is there any part in between the dash and panel near to gear lever?

BTW where is left side Ac went?
No rattles !
No parts in between bro!
its solid now.

It looks very cool.

I doubt, does it reflects in front windshield, coz this is going to distract drivers attention.
No reflection what so ever bro.
Its dark as black matt

Thread Starter #36
Hi guys, my friend recently purchased a fiat palio with 60k odo. And engine was in a bad condition.

We replaced the whole engine from a total loss swift ddis engine.

After replacing engine started and up running in few cranks.
No ECU errors.

Took home and drove for few hundred kms.

We removed dash and gave for a paint work .

We drove car for few kms without dash.

After few days we started facing a issue

Car does not start!

We checked all sensors and
Replaced crank and cam sensor from a working manza mjt.

Still does not start.

A mech came and started car by spraying little amount of petrol via intake.
And car starts and runs well.

Sometimes it idles with a huge knocks. And dies sometime

Now we are able to start car only with spraying petrol via intake.

But sometimes after some long runs car starts well in a short crank itself.

We drive the car to find something wrong mechanically.
Car runs well as like a new car.
Pickup is awesome and no smoke in exhaust.
Car runs well at high speeds too.
But if we park for sometime and crankit
It doesnt.

NO ECU ERRORS RECORDED .

Old engine was a BS3 and new is a BS4
But no change in engine and injector compartment.
Only some emission control EGR tricks and injection timing and tunes

The ECU is a old palio mjt ecu.

We checked immobilizer, but it seems working well. And nothing wrong in it.

We also opened and bleeded the fuel lines starting from auxiliary pump to filter /to fuel pump/ to common rail / to rail injectors lines/ also feed back lines.(many times)

We checked resistance and voltages from all sensor's and also continuity from sensor wiring to ecu
Every thing seems good.

Glow plugs are extremely new.
Glow plug relay works fine .

I have rounded up to go head with these.
1 ) compression chk
2) valve /cam clearance chk
3 ) fuel pump chk
4) rail pressure sensor realtime value chk
5) rail solenoid chk
6) connecting ECU to fiat workshop repair machine and Chk engine tuning and timing and all values of sensor's resemble correct default values according to rpms in no load
7 ) update bs4 firmware if possible.

Please guide me
The thread of palio
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...t-fiat-palio-mjd-1-3-giving-another-life.html

Last edited:
Re: Urgent! Expert advice needed.

According to me Compression Ratio, Fuel Pump Supply, Glow Plug and ECU mapping should have fix this problem. As all four makes the most to start the engine in COLD/HOT condition.

This kind off [not exactly] problem one ticked on my cousins Swift Diesel, we checked everything, but at last by simply draining all diesel from tank to the injectors and refilling it from SHELL Station just started the car to work fine.

I am not sure in your case, but this could 1/1000 possibilities that we took almost 5 hours to fix.

Thread Starter #38
Re: Urgent! Expert advice needed.

According to me Compression Ratio, Fuel Pump Supply, Glow Plug and ECU mapping should have fix this problem. As all four makes the most to start the engine in COLD/HOT condition.

This kind off [not exactly] problem one ticked on my cousins Swift Diesel, we checked everything, but at last by simply draining all diesel from tank to the injectors and refilling it from SHELL Station just started the car to work fine.

I am not sure in your case, but this could 1/1000 possibilities that we took almost 5 hours to fix.
thanks, we will try to do that and will revert back.

Amazing job stingray, glued to your thread now. Not sure why fiat is charging more for its own spare parts where as others who have taken from them (read, Tata, MUL) are charging less. Thats quite a deal for engine. 50K for 2014 is a good deal. Its good to see half-conditioned car travel 500 Kms without hitch that too with radiator niggle. If I may suggest better to replace turbo with new one.

Thread Starter #42
Amazing job stingray, glued to your thread now. Not sure why fiat is charging more for its own spare parts where as others who have taken from them (read, Tata, MUL) are charging less. Thats quite a deal for engine. 50K for 2014 is a good deal. Its good to see half-conditioned car travel 500 Kms without hitch that too with radiator niggle. If I may suggest better to replace turbo with new one.
Man ! Engine is all new
Pump
Turbo
Injectors
Rail
Egr

Everything thing in engine part without gearbox is from swift engine itself :)

Stingray, Any update on the issue? What about check up the car in a good multicar workshop like bosch in your area?

Were the injectors code changed in ECU when you swapped engine and also check fuel pressure regulator present on injector rail.
Check the starter motor as well if its spinning the engine at a fast enough RPM to start the car.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #45
Were the injectors code changed in ECU when you swapped engine and also check fuel pressure regulator present on injector rail.
Check the starter motor as well if its spinning the engine at a fast enough RPM to start the car.
Hi mjt crdi
Changed sensor of rail pressure
Changed injectors
Changed cam/crank sensor
Changed fuel filter with assembly
started is checked its working well.
But problem is remained.

Problem is engine starts some times and dies in idle.
But if we rise the throttle and leave the car, car idles well and can drive well in any speeds and conditions.
But if we turn off for few seconds and try to start it doesn't.

Stingray, Any update on the issue? What about check up the car in a good multicar workshop like bosch in your area?
Yes we have left to well equipped service station.

Top Bottom