Process of Re-Registering a Car in India

Vehicle Reregistration

Hi Folks!

I have question about Vehicle re-registration after 15 yrs. My Esteem is 1997 model and is supposed to be re-registered in another 6 months. I just checked the entire threads, but didn't find anything regarding old vehicle re-registration.

Anybody have idea about this? I bought it for 90k, almost 2+yrs back. What are the conditions for re-registering old vehicle. Shall I go for a Broker or direct RTO ? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.[:)]

Re-Registering A Car

My car is nearing the end of the original registration.

What is the procedure to get it re-registered.

Is this is lengthy procedure and how long before the end of the original registration do I need to apply for the new one.

Do I need to pay to road tax again or is the one time road tax that was paid during the original registration valid for the life of the vehicle.

Any tips?What should I look out for?Things to remember.

Thanks.

Recntly dad's 800 took about 5000 for fc name transfer etc in pondicherry through a broker.

the govt fees is just 800 including smart card fee.
rest is all bribe and broker fee.

if all the papers are intact , the charge is 3500.

at the last moment the transfer form's seller signature did not match with the one in rc book.

so they asked to trace the owner.

i went to the person who sold and the owner has shifter to other place. no idea where and since he bought a swift after selling this , he dont come to the garage now. no idea where is he now? no mobile number was not usefull!

Remember i bought the car 1.5 years back.

so had to give extra 1500 to save my book.

Now its valid till 2017

Brokers are always hungry for more.They are just feeders in a long chain of hungry piranhas.

How long before the expiration of the original registration do I need to apply?

I have a Maruti 800 1990 S.Grey AC. The RC re-registration and FC for this car has been overdue by 7 years
hi Roxtin,
i too own a '89 M800. my registration expired few years back.. Just wanted to know if you were able to get you registration done without any hassles

Hi friends,

My M800 is 2 months due.my dad wants me to get the fc done before I get my car out.

My car is in perfect condition

painting,tires,electricals,papers are all good.

I would like to know the cost for the fc through broker and the total duration for all the process

thanks in advance

Hi friends,

My M800 is 2 months due.my dad wants me to get the fc done before I get my car out.

My car is in perfect condition

painting,tires,electricals,papers are all good.

I would like to know the cost for the fc through broker and the total duration for all the process

thanks in advance
It shouldn't take more than a week.Brokers charge appx Rs5000 for this.If you had a loan on the car make sure you have a letter from the bank stating the loan was re-payed and the same reflects in the RC and the endorsement cancelled in the RC.

If not it may take an additional couple of weeks,because the RTO sends a letter asking the bank for details and it depends on the turn around from the bank.

You're welcome.The re registration procedure is not too difficult.You can do it yourself.Save yourself some money.

I don't think so the people in my RTO require a lots of money for every part of the work.I had to pay 2500 for getting my license thru driving school.Also I am just 18 so the person in the RTO will won't even respect me.the person looked at me thrice before putting the signature in LLR form cause I went to get the LLR on the next day of my B'day [lol].will check the price with the broker tomorrow and will post the price.Thanks

Renewal of registration

Hi All,

I am not sure if this is the right place for this but would really appreciate if someone could help with this !!

I have a 1998 model Maruti 800 registered in Lucknow.

I have since then moved to Noida/Delhi and have been using the car. Now, coming November the car's registration is due to expire. I wanted to know if I would need to take the car to Lucknow for registration renewal or is there some workaround to avoid the need for that.

Can someone help with contacts for some RTO consultants/agents who can assist with this.

Thanks !!

You can go to the local RTO office, you will find a lot of agents there.They will issue you a new green tax and make the necessary changes in the old RC.If your original RC was a book you can get it changed to a card at the same time.

Things you need:

1)Make sure the car documents are in your name or in the name of a family member.If not you will need to get it transferred, you will need the necessary current NOC from the nearest police station and also from the previous owner.

2)Current residence/address proof.

3)Current PUC certificate.Also get all the indicators and mirrors on the car to working condition.Clean the car when you take it down to the RTO for inspection, you might have to leave it there.So make sure you remove your stereo face plate to be safe.

3)If the car was bought via a loan and the loan hypothecation has not been cancelled, you need a current letter from the bank to the RTO stating the loan was paid back.

All letters and NOC's need to be current.Get all these before hand then approach the agent, else it will take too long.The agents here charge Rs5000 for the same.

Alternatively you can do this on your own.It does take some time atleast here in Mumbai, if you have time you can get it done yourself.It would take a couple of days, to submit the papers and for them to process it.

Top Bottom