Problems with My New Maruti Alto

Try to engage the clutch and put it into neutral and then disengage.

Engage it back then try.Sometimes the clutch may not have been engaged/disengage properly hence the jerking.

Check the level of the gear oil and make sure it is at the optimal level.

For problem regarding the reverse gear, it's a common problem for most cars. The way to solve it is to double De-clutch. Try shifting into reverse. If it does not slot, press clutch, shift to neutral. Release clutch. Rev slightly. Press clutch and shift to reverse. Will slot right in. Reverse generally is a non synchro gear. So this agenda.

The shifter slipping I to neutral is just wrong alignment of the linkages. Use a bit of force and if it still slips out, just ask to align and lubricate the shifter linkages.

The slipping sound when clutch is pressed is slight misadjustment. Adjust the clutch. Also loose belts cause that kind of sounds. Check it.

disturbing mileage

I own an Alto; it has been a little more than an year and everything was good but recently it is giving a very bad mileage. Last I checked it was 6 kmpl [confused]. What do I do [confused]?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: disturbing mileage

I own an Alto; it has been a little more than an year and everything was good but recently it is giving a very bad mileage. Last I checked it was 6 kmpl [confused]. What do I do [confused]?
How often do you use the car?

Have you done all the maintenance work as suggested in your owners manual at the specified intervals?

Have you changed the engine oil+filter,gearbox oil,coolant and brake fluid?

Have you changed the spark plugs, the fuel filter and the air filter?

I use the car quite often . I changed the engine oil but filter i dont think so i also changed all the other oils after 10000 kms . I haven't changed the spark plug or fuel filter.

If the fluids in the car(Engine Oil,Gearbox oil) are older than 5000kms, change them and remember to change the engine oil filter as well.You can buy a purolator oil filter.Engine oil depends on your budget.I use Servo or HP gearbox oil.

Change the spark plugs immediately.If budget is not an issue, go for NGK platinum spark plugs.

For the fuel filter you can go for Purolator.

Please mention how many cc's is your Alto's engine.Is it the 800cc engine or the 1.1 litre engine.

my alto is 800 cc and yes my car has done 16-17000 kms i think i should change all the oils and i will change the engine oil filter as well . Thank you so much :)

How many kms has it done since you changed the oil?If it has done 16000-17000kms since you changed the oil then change the engine oil+filter, the gearbox oil, the fuel filter, the air filter and the spark plugs.If you do not have any budget issue, go with NGK platinum spark plugs.

The spark plug model number is DCPR7EGP.Check your owners manual and ask the mechanic to set the correct gap as specified in the owners manual.

issue is that there is a screeching noise from the engine, while starting and it goes of if we depress the clutch. Again when we release the clutch the screeching noise is there even while moving. I dono whether this is a clutch issue.[frustration] Please help me with this

Top Bottom