Problems in Playing Games on Dell Inspiron 15R

The cooler is covered by the two fans and so you can't see it properly.I had taken this pic after installation.

The fans sit on the top.My case Cooler Master CM690 has provision for two fans at the top.So did some small mods(drilled a few additional holes) to make the cooler fit.

I would suggest you choose the cooler and then buy the case that accommodates it.Do a test fit.

Before you add any hardware, it is essential to check whether your power supply has enough amps to supply the system.Check the amp rating on a power supply and the graphics card.The watt ratings on Indian power supplies are very deceiving.

Attachments

Last edited:
The cooler is covered by the two fans and so you can't see it properly.I had taken this pic after installation.

The fans sit on the top.My case Cooler Master CM690 has provision for two fans at the top.So did some small mods(drilled a few additional holes) to make the cooler fit.

I would suggest you choose the cooler and then buy the case that accommodates it.Do a test fit.
You had to drill holes in mighty 690 to fit a radiator? [frustration] That's a H100, right?

Before you add any hardware, it is essential to check whether your power supply has enough amps to supply the system.Check the amp rating on a power supply and the graphics card.The watt ratings on Indian power supplies are very deceiving.
Not just Indian, even CM PSUs are crap. Also, http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pow...89-power-supply-blacklist-thread-newbies.html

EDIT: BTW Which 690 is that? No painted interiors? :O

Last edited:
Yes, it is a CM690 Ver 1 the cooler is a H100.The CM690II's have a black interior.I am using a Corsair TX650 PSU,Seasonic is a good brand to go with.A lot of earlier Corsair PSU(power supplies) were rebranded Seasonic PSU's

My CM690 has accommodation for two fans on the top, but there is space between the mounting holes.On the radiator there is no space between the two fans.So additional mounting holes had to be made.I had done my research and I knew the radiator could be accommodated, just the mounting holes would be a problem on my Ver 1.The version 2 are compatible without any modifications.I just had to customize my case, no big deal.That is why I said, check the case and cooling compatibility or else be prepared to make modifications.

When it comes to PSU's there is always a risk.Go with a good name brand and a longer warranty.Most came with 3 and 5 year warranties a couple of years ago.Always insist on a bill and make sure the brand has a service center in your area and in case of a failure what is the turn around time.

A lot of PSU manufacturers have come up with 80+ Platinum rated power supplies.Check those out and make sure the amperage is sufficient to run your system.If you want to overclock, include the headroom.The higher the overclock the more the power you need.A lot of power calculators are available online.Just Google PSU calculator and they will come up

Do your research about all the components prior to buying.

Last edited:
There are a lot of brands out there.I have not used them all so I cannot comment on them.

There are two types of PSU's ie. Modular ones where you can plug in the cables you need and run them around the cabinet and the normal non modular ones.Modular ones are more expensive.But they will tidy your cabinet, most cabinets have cable routing in them so you can use that as well to route the cables, a bit more work but do able.

Check this link for the platinum rated power supplies
Five 550 And 600 W 80 PLUS Platinum Power Supplies, Tested : In The Power Supply World, Gold Paves The Way For Platinum

Yes, it is a CM690 Ver 1 the cooler is a H100.The CM690II's have a black interior.I am using a Corsair TX650 PSU,Seasonic is a good brand to go with.A lot of earlier Corsair PSU(power supplies) were rebranded Seasonic PSU's
Do your research about all the components prior to buying.
My bad, I thought its a 690 II. Stupid me.
Also, most "PSU Power Calculators" are not accurate.
Good brand name and long warranty are not enough. Cooler Master is a good name in computer components & offer 5 years warranty but their PSUs are crap(see link above). Also, what will warranty do if it blows up your other components, say GPU?

There are a lot of brands out there.I have not used them all so I cannot comment on them....

Check this link for the platinum rated power supplies
Five 550 And 600 W 80 PLUS Platinum Power Supplies, Tested : In The Power Supply World, Gold Paves The Way For Platinum
IKR.
I didn't ask for a guide on PSUs lol! That's what I provided. [;)]

Last edited:
I gave the link about the new platinum rated PSU, can be useful for anyone.

PSU calculators give you a general idea about the amount of power you will be using.Atleast you have an idea where you are and where you should be.

If you added all the hardware and it came to 400w then that's good.When selecting a PSU always consider future upgrades and capacitor aging.So always give yourself some headroom.

Top Bottom