Problems in Playing Games on Dell Inspiron 15R

Thread Starter #91

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i keep the torents off. i download tcpview and it showed that process svchost exe is continuously using internet.

i don't know how to stop that process connection to internet [sad]

If I am not wrong, svchost is the program which lets you connect to internet. Its essential to connect to a network.

And to close any such program, go to processes tab and 'End Process'

Last edited:
It cannot be stopped or restarted manually. This process manages system services that run from dynamic link libraries (files with extension .dll). Examples for such system services are: "Automatic Updates", "Windows Firewall", "Plug and Play", "Fax Service", "Windows Themes" and many more.

some svchost.exe can't be stopped you need to disable it in the services.msc

Thread Starter #94

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
so i wrecked my favorite car , nissan gt-r yesterday [lol]

this is just an update , the game no longer lags because i changed the screen resolution in the display settings with lower refresh rate [thumbsup] so now i can enjoy NFS the run [;)]
Need For Speed The Run 2012-12-17 15-32-47-01.bmp.jpg

They changed NFS so much.The current ones are not as good as the old ones.The garage is so limited now.

Can't even see the individual mods and components.

Thread Starter #96

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
so i bought the NFS Most Wanted 2.
and i had a question. when laptop gets heated the games start to lag [confused]

i can only play games whilst the charger is plugged in. and sometimes it lags and sometimes it doesn't.

don't know what or who to blame , the laptop or the graphics card [anger] or the heat.

I am using the same laptop and me too facing the hanging issue. However, in my case, the system gets too slow as soon as i switch on the Microsoft Outlook. Maybe it is due to almost full hard-disk (only 10-20% space in each drive)[cry].

Thread Starter #98

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
you have the same specs as well ? I5, 4 gb ram ?

Search run , type %temp% and hit enter. Delete all the files. This might solve your problem.
Also defragment all your hard drives.

Any AMD Gamers, recently i have setup one AMD PC

1) AMD FX6100 (6cores) 3.3Ghz
2) Gigabyte 78LMT USB3
3) 8GB Corsair Vengeance with heatsink Memory
4) 1TB Seagate HDD

Is this config good for Gaming ? i use an HDMI output with 1920 resolution.

Seems like a good setup for gaming.Did you get a good cooler?

You should try the closed loop liquid coolers.I am using a Corsair H100 with my i7.

Do check your case before buying for space and mounting provisions.

No my cabin seems to be have less space so i bought a normal extra system fan.

For AMD we need to keep as much cool as possible. BTW my graphics card which i bought is Zotac Nvidia 610 Synergy edition 2gb though it is not good for heavy gamers.

with these config Can i go ahead with playing Crisis3 i have heard that it requires lot of graphics memory.

The extra ram on the graphics card is good if you are using a bigger screen.The extra cooling helps especially when playing heavy games like crisis 3.

The system should be able to handle it fine.Try low settings and then try increasing it to highest settings one by one.Stop when you find the system lagging.

You can get a good case for Rs4000 appx and upwards with ample space.Cooler master Lian-li and Antec make some good cases.

Yes even i am intended to go for medium settings,

Jarpickle i want to see those closed loop liquid coolers can you photograph your case here let me see once, if it is in my budget then i would buy it this weekend.

Do list me some of the recent adventure and racing games to play.

you have the same specs as well ? I5, 4 gb ram ?

Search run , type %temp% and hit enter. Delete all the files. This might solve your problem.
Also defragment all your hard drives.
Mine is i3 with 3GB RAM. BTW thanks, my problem has eased out a bit after defragmentation of disks.

Top Bottom