Problems in Playing Games on Dell Inspiron 15R

Why not tell them you don't want to use the modem.Just submit the modem at their exchange and that's it.You will have to give back all the cables and that splitter as well.The new modem will come with the cables, only need to purchase a splitter.It costs less than Rs100.

Thread Starter #77

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i don't think they will take it like that, that's the reason :\ first i will have to submit an application , then talk to SDO and do whatnot. [confused]

No dude, just take it down to the exchange and they will tell you where to submit it.

Been there done that dude.No need to worry.

Thread Starter #79

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
some weeks back i went to the exchange [:D] and the guy was not helpful. ok so i will check the price of long range wifi as well.

benefit of this will be no extra wire coming to 2nd floor [thumbsup]

Yeah dude, thats why we use wifi in the first place.No need for extra wires all over the place[:D]

Just secure your connection and you are good to go.

Thread Starter #81

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i got the router changed and i knew nobody from mtnl would come to set it up. so called customer care and did all the set up. and now i can do all the setup. [:)]

hii all i have another problem with a game :\ HALO CE.

after re-installing the windows and changing the card settings i can no longer play the game. all of this is explain here.

i get the same problem but don't know how to solve it
Halo Custom Edition Halo CE Loads but cannot see menu
Those Anti-Aliasing are used to remove any unwanted graphics that is not needed for the game, we have a tendency to set everything to high.

Just set the settings to Automatic mode.

And try to lower the aliasing effect.

Thread Starter #84

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I turned everything off for the game and its working fine [:D] but another problem. i can't play in full screen :\ that halo game.

Thread Starter #87

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Update [:D]

i changed some aspect ratio to full screen and the game works in full screen [:D]

but still the only problem is the graphics. for some reason all the things are "off" by default and even i change it , they come back to off. settings like texture and quality etc.

the game only supports some video cards and mine is not in that list. so maybe i have to go through some more settings.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

also i went to the pc market to check out the router and the cooling pad.

minimum router cost was 950rs of D-link basic. no wireless nothing. if anyone can help me to select a basic modem.

i don't want to spend a 1000 bucks for a modem which i will rarely use. so any suggestion ? i will ask from MTNL if they take back the wifi modem.

also COOLING PAD - the guy showed me some cheap cooling pad so its a waste [frustration]

i was thinking of not getting the cooling pad because i will hardly use it.

Check the spec of your graphics card, moreover in the latest NVIDIA Graphics card it provides an option for the user to select either the default inbuilt mother board graphics card or NVIDIA Graphics

I had faced issue on my ASUS as by default it directs all apps to default in-built intel graphics, after i selected the NVIDIA Graphics for games it works fine

a graphics card atleast with 1 GB is good to go
1. Just because its nVidia doesn't mean its good.
2. Graphics memory does not define anything. Will AMD HD 5670 1GB GDDR3 be faster than AMD HD 5670 512 MB GDDR5? No, because GDDR5 is much faster than DDR3 and therefore better results in gaming. Sure, it does effect the performance somehow, but don't just rely on memory [;)]

Thread Starter #89

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Even though no programs are open, task manager shows activity in the networking window.

Is there an easy way to tell what program, or process, is still sending/receiving on my internet connection?

Top Bottom