Problems in Playing Games on Dell Inspiron 15R

Thread Starter #61

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
yes i have several games. all lags :(

F1 2011 , crysis 2 , need for speed the run. all lagged. i haven't check the other games , i just play burnout [:D]

i think crysis 2 demands a very good graphics card.

the run and the f1 lags when a turn comes [cry]

yes i have several games. all lags :(

F1 2011 , crysis 2 , need for speed the run. all lagged. i haven't check the other games , i just play burnout [:D]

i think crysis 2 demands a very good graphics card.

the run and the f1 lags when a turn comes [cry]
Crysis 2 I played long time ago and played Rage a bit but didnt like too much.
Run I finished in abt 6-7 days after started playing
I have batman arkham city in my pc but dont feel like playing much

Thread Starter #63

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
run , i played for 3-4 days and completed i don't even know how much kms [:D] then got bored with it.

crysis i don't play.

After changing the graphics settings, all I can recommend is disk defrag.

Also try disk cleanup.

That's all I do when I have any lag in my games.Once defrag is done, everything flows smoothly.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #65

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I did defragmentation. After that it showed 0% frag or defrag , I don't remember. So is it defragmented ? I did all the drives.

Yes, it should be 0 after its completed.

The key is to leave the pc idle when its doing C(OS drive) drive.

This is the only thing I do these days for laggy games and then they work properly.

Apart from overheating the only problem with laptops is a slow hard drive.First off its just 5400RPM compared to a desktops 7200RPM so the games do lag if the files are scattered.

With the cost of HDD's up its really hard to find a cheap 7200 replacement for your HDD.

Thread Starter #67

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
oh ok , thanks for the confirmation [:)] and yes i did leave the laptop idle when it was defragmenting.

learnt something new [;)] don't know about these speeds. i enquired from the shop from where i purchased the laptop , the guy said desktop and laptop performance varies even if both have similar configurations :\

and the thing you told me about speed , i think there are other points as well that i'm missing.

Yes that's for sure.

A laptop processor is designed to be a low power consumer.Even if its rated equal to a desktop processor it will not work at the same level.
Lower the power consumed lesser the heat generated.Which is essential in a laptop.

Even graphics cards are the same.The nomenclature is a bit confusing.There was an article about this.

Companies are billing their laptop parts with the same name as the desktop parts even though there is a huge difference in the performance.

According to the companies the parts are the named according to the performance in the respective categories.
For example If a GTX 680 is the best card in a desktop
The best graphics card with the best performance would be named GTX680M.

Doesn't mean that the two are the same or you can push them similarly.They are worlds apart.The desktop card would be supplied by atleast a 600w power supply.
While the laptop ones has to make do with a really low power supply(plugged in) 90-120W.

There is going to be a difference in the performance.

Thread Starter #69

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
they do that :\ aah , that;s not fair. i have seen many phones like this only. they have the same name but different chipsets and all and they are selling like hot cakes and people think they have the best phone.

like samsung galaxy s2. there are myriads of s2 in markets with different specs but people think they are the same.

so i guess i have to bear these. but thanks to you all [:)] not the lag is bearable.

another issue i'm getting from ly laptop [anger]
in the picture i get good wifi signal where i have marked "2"
Untitled.jpg

i live on the second floor , and my computer is on 3rd floor just above room 1 in the picture. because i have a wifi modem , pc needs to be connected via LAN. so i get good wifi downstairs at "2"

but when ever i sit in room 2. the wifi symbol in the task bar shows " only 1-2 signal bars"

and when i click on it , it opens a window stating all wifi connections available and it shows "3-4" connections at the same time :\ and i don't get good connectivity. ?

Walls cause the signal to drop.Thicker the wall, weaker the signal.If your router/modem has an external antenna try moving it.Try changing the broadcast channel on your router/model.
My modem came with 11 configurable channels in the 2.4 GHZ range.You can tune it so that your laptop can detect it with more strength.Higher is not always better.Some laptops don't pick up higher channels.I have had a PSP pick up a channel but the laptop failed.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #71

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
aah , [cry] so what do you think can be done. i'll try to move the antenna.

i was thinking of buying a normal cheap modem to use for pc since i don't use it much i'll take a cheap one. call my internet guy and say to extend the wire to the 2nd floor as well. and i will fix the wifi on second floor only.

do you know how much a normal modem cost ? i don't have any idea.

Depends from brand to brand,Iball you can get for 800, netgear for around 1500.

They start less and then go up.I would suggest to buy a modem that has good usable range.Might be pricy, but its well worth it if you have a big home.They are called range extender modems.

Just check what kind of modem you need.Is it a telephone line going into the modem(that would be ADSL 2+)If it is a lan cable, you would need a cable modem.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #73

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
but buying a new wifi modem is of no use :\ it will come expensive than the normal modem.

and no , house is not that much big [:D] so the current wifi will have good signals on the 2nd floor.

will go to the pc market after my exams , and will check the rates of modem and cooling pads.

Thread Starter #75

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
well i can't buy another modem because mtnl charges 75rs per month for their wifi modem. if i buy another good range wifi , then that 75rs will be a total waste.

on the other hand if i but a modem , it will be a one time cost. what say ?

Top Bottom