Problems in Playing Games on Dell Inspiron 15R

Thread Starter #31

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
What's this? You've seemed to have Nvidia Graphics. Then how came it like that? Can you open the Nvidia Control Panel? If then, goto 'Set PhysX Configuration' in the 3D settings. Set it to 'your graphic card'. If it's already like that, select Auto.
(Just for Checking)Then go to Adjust Desktop Color Settings, 3. Digital vibrance : Adjust and check if saturation is increasing or decreasing.
i changed it to graphics card and the game's not lagging anymore [:)] played an hour. will still see if it hangs or not.

Thread Starter #33

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i stop all the startup services and running services by going into run command " msconfg"

it makes it worse :\ i mean laptop takes a lot of time and all the features stop , i can't set the brightness , control audio nothing.

i stop all the startup services and running services by going into run command " msconfg"

it makes it worse :\ i mean laptop takes a lot of time and all the features stop , i can't set the brightness , control audio nothing.
Still lagging? After an hour?

Thread Starter #36

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Still lagging? After an hour?
well its better than before [:)] i have a software fraps , it tells me the framerate so now it does not drops. but sometimes its really awkward , can't really explain.

To extract all the cpu and gpu power from your pc do the following.(These steps are for windows 7)

Hope this helps.
thanks for the detailed steps [:)] i set it on high performance and before i went into properties and everything was set to high but still will match your recommended values.

You're Welcome [:)] Where you see ATI in mine, you will see Nvidia in yours.

Try to get the drivers from the dell website and not nvidia unless specified otherwise.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #38

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
so changed the values as per your suggestions , only hard disk option was not matching yours and i don't have the last ati graphics option. oh yeah , it shows nvidia and its at maximum.

and yes i checked the drivers , all our up to date but i have turned off the auto updates because it takes a lot of time and mostly they are security related.

The hdd option is to prevent it from slowing down the hdd to save power.

That can be an issue when gaming, it too will cause lags.

Thread Starter #40

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I set it to hdd , and now games work without much lag [:)]

But still one issue remains , when the laptop is not charging in between the game gets stuck and I can only play it if I remove my hands off the buttons , then it resumes. This doesn't happen while charging.

Thread Starter #44

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i use it in performance only. that's when it happens :\ i will go to the service center one time before warranty finishes.

Top Bottom