Problem with Remote Lock Sound

Thread Starter #1
hi All,

I have an i10 Sportz, white. I got it on 15th Oct 2011. When I bought it the dealer(DSC Hyundai, Nandanam, Chennai) had fitted it with the remote lock, which gave a sound when we lock/unlock the car or engage the reverse gear. Yesterday after coming home when I shifted to reverse gear, the sound coming was very low. As it was dark, I opened the hood in the morning only but couldn't trace it(problem)out.

I have booked a service session on this saturday 3rd Dec, 2011. But wanted to know if someone here can help me out, so may be I can try to fix it myself. Few more things, its raining heavily in chennai from past week, Sun god has forbidden us.

About the condition of the vehicle :
Miles : 1356KM, in superb running/looking condition, and thankfully no bumpy rides so far(As I travel on highways only, GST road).

My guesses are:
1. Some loose wiring, which would be causing less sound [thinking].
2. water leakage into the system (a hunch, and this is highly unlikly to happen)

I am open to suggestion. Please help me out!!!! :help:

Thanks in advance,
Prabhanshu

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi PC1984,

Welcome to The Automotive India.

To me, it looks like a case of loose wiring. Get it rectified from your electrician.

Thread Starter #4
hi Guys,

The issue got resolved by, what to say, "Bhagwaan ka Aashirwaad"!!!
I had opened the hood and just patted, very lightly the horn speaker. The sound was restored.
Also, had my first service done, had requested the service centre fellows to check and they did not find any flaw. I guess it was due to some water seeping into the unit.

Thanks for your replies,
PC1984

Top Bottom