Problem With Brakes In My 800

The car revs properly.I can leave honda's at the red light.Its just that it feels like its lugging a trailer behind it.

I will try the ramp method.Depress the brakes and try to move the wheels and see what happens after the pedal is left.I suspect the rear brakes(drum type) are not disengaging completely.

your rear brakes are leather I suppose ? problem can be there mate@codename47:What does this mean?

The rear brakes are drum brakes.
yeah check your drums as well. does it happen only when you apply foot on the normal brake ( not handbrake right?)

or is it only when you pull the handbrake?

Thread Starter #32
Its just a feeling of the car moving like the brakes are semi applied.

Kinda like you feel when u are tapping the brakes to slow down.

That's how the car feels even when the brakes are not being applied.

Thread Starter #33
The master cylinder had failed.

I found this out when the old oil was flushed and new oil was added.The pedal went flat to the floor and the master cylinder wasn't pushing out the oil.I am lucky that the brakes didn't fail.

After the new master cylinder was added I got the brakes bled.The drum liners and hand brake cable adjusted.

The car seems to run and stop much better now.

Oh thats bad, but how did it fail. I guess its because of the climate of Mumbai and add low usage.

So do we get only master cylinder for booster ?

Thread Starter #35
Not sure how or when it failed.I am just lucky the brakes didn't fail.

Yes the master cylinder is available for the booster.It was KBX/Bosch made.Costs around Rs1000.

Top Bottom