Problem With Brakes In My 800

Thread Starter #16
But my discs were turned more than a year ago.But isn't there a limit to how much they can be turned?

MY problem is it feels like the brakes are not disengaging It just feels like they are pressed all the time.Even when they are not.

When the brakes are applied the car stops so there is not problem in the braking.

I had the same problem on my ford falcon and thats how it got fixed
I spent about 800 dollars to find that out. so I think that could be the reason.

Everytime you change pads/calipers that needs to be done

DOT 3 oil.No leaks man.

How do I fix the issue @codename47.What did you do to get it fixed?
It was my brother who was very keen to fix it
Problem was in the front not rear wheels (My cars are RWD )
First he changed both wheel bearings
Brake calipers
Brake pads

Still the issue was there .

Then he went to a mechanic he said it could be the master Cylinder (brake)
We were about to get that and then a Wise old man was there in that place he said don't change that.

He said bleed the brakes and get the disc grinded(or turned) and it will fix
and we did that and all done

Thread Starter #21
The discs were grinded and the brakes were bled, but this issue still seems to be there.

I have had this issue since adding the booster.It feels like the brakes are pressed all the time.

When I get my foot off the gas, it feels like I am pressing the brakes rather than stepping off the gas.Sudden jerky motion in the car when accelerating while in motion and getting my foot off the gas while in motion.

Thread Starter #23
They are supposed to help in braking.I suspect there is something wrong with the cable that connects the pedal to the brakes.Another thing to check.

But cable is only for the rear wheels (Hand break), any way check that too.

Also tell me how many points does your hand break raises when you pull it, it should be 4-5 if it is below that then it is not dis-engaging completely.

To find that out he needs to put the car on jacks and try turning the wheels after applying brakes and then taking the foot off. and then see if the wheels turn freely on a ramp/jack

if thats not the problem than it could be engine , but why would engine do that?
2 checks after that

Try accerating the car without engaging gear and then with the gear and see if the problem persists

If engine revs doesnt drop in both the cases then its not engine for sure. it can be gearbox if engine behaves like that again when gear is engaged

Thread Starter #30
The car revs properly.I can leave honda's at the red light.Its just that it feels like its lugging a trailer behind it.

I will try the ramp method.Depress the brakes and try to move the wheels and see what happens after the pedal is left.I suspect the rear brakes(drum type) are not disengaging completely.

your rear brakes are leather I suppose ? problem can be there mate@codename47:What does this mean?

The rear brakes are drum brakes.

Top Bottom